White House at Portland

timbdp

The problem is, the whistle goes off when Portland scores, when they punt, when they kick, when they intercept, when they get a first down, when the concession stand opens, when a player takes a drink of water...it's just the overkill of it that gets annoying. I respect the tradition of it, but blow it on the plays that matter. And yes, I remember the year before last when WH was up 28-0 in the 2nd quarter. The whistle stayed silent. I guess that's the best answer as an opponent if you have a problem with it, score early and often....!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, the whistle goes off when Portland scores, when they punt, when they kick, when they intercept, when they get a first down, when the concession stand opens, when a player takes a drink of water...it's just the overkill of it that gets annoying. I respect the tradition of it, but blow it on the plays that matter. And yes, I remember the year before last when WH was up 28-0 in the 2nd quarter. The whistle stayed silent. I guess that's the best answer as an opponent if you have a problem with it, score early and often....!!!

825315413[/snapback]

As a Greenbrier resident, we'll glady give you OUR train, but the track seems to be stuck to the ground. <_< (Unlike Portland, I HATE that train---theirs and ours.)

Go Big Blue! Beat those Panthers.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Greenbriercat, it's been a while since you heard our train. Come on over and see if you can cash in on the earplugs and watch a great game.  B)

:)

825315562[/snapback]

It may have been a while----but I still hear it ringing in my ears! Oh, wait..no that's OUR train. <_<

One of the last times I was at Portland, I listened to the train whistle across the field, and heard the real train go behind the bleachers. It was worse than being tied to the tracks! B)

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

I don't know which is more annoying-----Portland's train or White House's Bleach Bottle Gang.    :(   

With the noise level in Portland tomorrow night, I'm glad I'll be in Nashville watching our Cats.

Or maybe I should just stand outside Portland's gates and sell earplugs???

Decisions, decisions.

thumb

825315535[/snapback]

The bleach bottles would be, I assume, the Rowdy Bunch.

Be careful what you wish for in Nashville. While the crowds and sound effects may not be as loud, you will get the wonderful pleasure of hearing the bagpipe boy walking up and down the home sideline during warm-ups.

I realize that may be some kind of tradition, but every time I can remember going to Lipscomb, this was extremely annoying.

I understand that portland has been rebuilding in the last year or two, but I woudn't count PORTLAND out of this game tonight something tells me that we are going to win this game tonight and it won't be as hard as it has been in the past.

Final Score Portland-28

White House-14

Edited by trainhornlover