White House at Portland

timbdp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the outcome, it will be hard to top last year. Almost 60 points, the lead changed seven times, the teams had over 800 yards of offense and the Blue Devils drove the length of the field in two minutes to win, and stopped Portland on the final play inside the 10 with time expired.

Wow.

According to the White House website preview article (where I nabbed all that info :( ), Portland leads the all-time series 21-15, but in modern time White House has a slight edge after Portland won the first 13. White House is 15-8 since 1983.

Glad to see this game on a Friday night again, that Friday morning work was tough after that Thursday stuff.

Yeah last year was a nailbiter indeed, hopefully this week's game will be an exact carbon copy of the last time we played at Portland in 2002, the year it was broadcast on Comcast. That was sweet.

But who knows? I think last year's WH team should've been a lot better. Our defense had no answer to their Wing-T offense. It was frustrating watching them dominate our defense. We can't afford to keep it even slightly close!!!!

Last years White House defense wasn't as good as years past. Check the White House stats from their website as case in point.

After watching WH in the jamboree, the defense is vastly improved, team speed is good and they looked in mid season form as far as cohesiveness. Led by a good group of seniors.

We won't see the offensive output by both teams this time around. Last years team had trouble with the reads and I believe this years defense won't have as many problems with the reads.

My prediction. Portland will have trouble with the WH ground game, stack the line of scrimmage and then get burned on a big pass play.

Blue Devils 24 Panthers 10

I like White House in this matchup. White House has been better then usual in their scrimmages. They look to be very strong this year. I don't think Portland will have the size to matchup with them. White House has to much of a balenced attack to load up in one area. But it is always close and a hard hitting affair. Thse 2 towns just hate each other.

Portland is so loaded that I'm not sure how my Blue Devils are going to keep up. They are at home too.

I'm just glad this isn't a region game, because I'm just not sure what we are going to do against such a well rounded team as Portland. If we were at home, there would be a chance, but we are at Portland and they rarely lose at home.

We need to look for a moral vicyory in this one. Keep it respectable.

Portland is so loaded that I'm not sure how my Blue Devils are going to keep up. They are at home too.

I'm just glad this isn't a region game, because I'm just not sure what we are going to do against such a well rounded team as Portland. If we were at home, there would be a chance, but we are at Portland and they rarely lose at home.

We need to look for a moral vicyory in this one. Keep it respectable.

825311044[/snapback]

Dandy. I don't think any team is going to rest on their laurels when playing White House. You won't catch the Bobcats believing any of the "downplay" stuff. I don't think it will work with Portland either. Both Portland and Greenbrier know what White House is capable of. Good luck to Portland and White House Friday night. With the fierce rivalry going between ya'll, I kinda wish they played WH the week before we do just so the Devils would still be a little sore. You guys need to take it easy on us Bobcats this year :D