DB @ OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

A coupke of last thoughts from Big Reno.  I've heard a lot about how classy Oak Ridge is.  That may well be true, but let me point out a couple of things.

#1 (From Knox News Prep Extra stats) - Gulmire scores a TD against Bradley Central in the 4th Quarter when the score was already 63-0.  Why was he back in the game then??????

#2 Oak Ridge down by 17, yes 17, last night and they call Time Out with 5 seconds left, 4th down at midfield.  Hummmmm????

That doesn't sound like class to me.

825337080[/snapback]

I've missed you bigreno you hadnt posted on here in a while...... It just hasn't been the same

Edited by DRDB

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its a little early to be saying "State" for DB....still a long road ahead of them. And to say that that last night proved them the best team in east TN once and for all is ludicris. Might I remind you that the series is now tied and if both teams perform every friday night you'll be makin another trip to Blankenship. Both teams are behemoths and I hope DB keeps on thinking that they're in another league than OR because that may be their Achilles Heel next time around.

DB is a very good team but so is OR is too and you really can't tell a whole lot out of one game both teams are one of the top teams in the east and nobody likes having them on their scheldule(sp?) both teams are strong in almost all areas and one game can't say that one is better than the other unless they just got totally dominated and it didn't sound like that happened in this game

BigReno,

Don't make assumptions on the class of Oak Ridge when you were fed false information. Gulmire did not score in the 4th quarter at Bradley Central. The last touchdown was scored by Kevin Helton (a 10th grader who is at least 3rd team)from about 55 yards out. Gulmire was a spectator from early in the 3rd quarter. Who is to say about the time-out at the end of the game? Some would call that fighting to the end. Now, had the winning team called the time-out, that would show a lack of class.

I hope this information will help you re-evaluate your position on the class of Oak Ridge. Peace.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• Deja vu all over again, 7 yrs apart. SMDH Does anybody talk to each other?
    • OK, well, that’s because two quarterbacks can’t start. That’s football 101. The main quarterback won the starting job, so he was on varsity, and the Seymour transfer did not win the starting job. He played some varsity. He was mainly junior varsity, and he balled out when healthy, so for the starting quarterback who’s been starting varsity since his freshman year, if you have any form of proof that he’s gotten worse, somehow, whether that means stats or whatnot, please feel free to share.
    • They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.