DB @ OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

A coupke of last thoughts from Big Reno.  I've heard a lot about how classy Oak Ridge is.  That may well be true, but let me point out a couple of things.

#1 (From Knox News Prep Extra stats) - Gulmire scores a TD against Bradley Central in the 4th Quarter when the score was already 63-0.  Why was he back in the game then??????

#2 Oak Ridge down by 17, yes 17, last night and they call Time Out with 5 seconds left, 4th down at midfield.  Hummmmm????

That doesn't sound like class to me.

825337080[/snapback]

I will tell everybody one thing, oak ridge has messed up now, once you make BigReno mad, its over, he will take it to you all day, hes not scared, he wont back down, and he will stand TALL and put all yall little skeeters back in your places, fa sho

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell everybody one thing, oak ridge has messed up now, once you make BigReno mad, its over, he will take it to you all day, hes not scared, he wont back down, and he will stand TALL and put all yall little skeeters back in your places, fa sho

825337428[/snapback]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Games over...go bore DB's next opponent with this silly stuff ;)

Man o Man. From reading these posts, it makes me wish I was there. What was I thinking, spending my friday night at the UT library? Oh well, I will definitely check out the game when DB comes back to Anderson County to play in the playoffs. Us Clinton fans have an alliance with certain DB fans from back in March in the state tournament (a lot of good that did us, huh?). Reading the play-by-play was like reading a good book, I couldn't stop and I had to know what was going to happen next when I got to the end of the page. Being a Clinton fan, I guess I'm glad that OR lost, but you always like to see a local team get a big win over a highly-ranked team. So I'm torn in that sense. Sorry to OR that we couldn't make it more of a game to get you ready for DB. I will say that OR was classier this year to us dragons. You didn't put a sign on the Clinton sign like last year's "Clinton blows more than smoke" (very creative by the way). You all had a sign at the basketball game that said "Dragons like little boys". Hopefully there wasn't any of that at the football game. I guess what I'm saying is congratulations DB on beating a great team and good luck the rest of the year. And to OR, good luck on the rest of the season. Stay classy Oak Ridge - Ron Burgundy.

All I wanna know is what was up with Purple Hayes drillin Gulmire into the fence on the last play of the game. That has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. I guess that's what they get for callin the timeout with 5 seconds left. I bet Spencer regrets it now cause he got popped. And what made it so funny, he got up mad!! hahaha that was great stuff

All I wanna know is what was up with Purple Hayes drillin Gulmire into the fence on the last play of the game. That has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. I guess that's what they get for callin the timeout with 5 seconds left. I bet Spencer regrets it now cause he got popped. And what made it so funny, he got up mad!! hahaha that was great stuff

825337555[/snapback]

Another "wanna be" DB fan! A true fan of the game and of any team would never make such an ignorant remark. The thought of ANY player from either team possibly being hurt in a play is NEVER funny!!! You need to crawl back into whatever hole you came out of.

The DB Indians who took the field Friday night don't need fans like you representing them. They came into a football town filled with Wildcat fans and played one heck of a football game and ended with a well deserved win. They played with character and class (from what I could see) and maintained that till the end. They seem to have not only great talent, but also that certain "magic" you see in a team every so often. It was a GREAT ballgame to watch, even if we lost. Lots better than the ones we Oak Ridgers have seen so far this year (as far as competition) and I'm sure for the DB fans it was as well. A team like this deserves better than a fan who cheapens their image.

And, never forget they played a very good team! A team with a lot of heart, character and class as well. When these two great teams play only one (unfortunately) of them can walk away with a win. But, you never walk away from these games feeling cheated out of a night of great football. And, there's nothing wrong with critiquing the game, but being a jerk is ridiculous!

DB is our favorite rival and the rivalry stays on the field in hard fought ballgames year in and year out. When the last buzzer sounds it's all respect.

I'm sorry. I truly didn't mean to offend anyone by my last post. I didn't mean to sound like I thought it was funny that it happened to him, I just thought it was funny because their coach called the timeout with 5 seconds to go and almost got their best player hurt bad. That was all that was meant by that post. Oak Ridge is a great team with great fans and I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Apology accepted. I seriously doubt you could have handled the fall out from Wildcat fans after that post. Spencer is class through and through who happens to be a superb athlete. He is well liked and respected by this community. If anybody has bragging rights it's Spencer, but you never see that out of him. I'm not sure if all young men could handle the notoriety he has as well as he does. He is a humble guy who let's his ability do his talking. Little boys around here want to grow up and be like Spencer Gulmire.

I've noticed one or two OR posters on here making classless remarks as well. Don't judge the Oak Ridge Wildcats or their fans by that. I assure you they are in the minority around here. After the Wildcats the Tribe is my favorite East TN team!

This game generates a lot of excitment for both DB & Oak Ridge. Sometimes we get a little carried away. I think both sides understand that. So we should just roll with it. Both Schools are the class of the state in my opinion. We're #1 & #2 in all time wins in the state of Tennessee. The series is now tied 16-16. It don't get any better than this!

This game generates a lot of excitment for both DB & Oak Ridge. Sometimes we get a little carried away. I think both sides understand that. So we should just roll with it. Both Schools are the class of the state in my opinion. We're #1 & #2 in all time wins in the state of Tennessee. The series is now tied 16-16. It don't get any better than this!

825337750[/snapback]

Amen! It's almost too hard to wait from that last ballgame in November (or hopefully December!) to the first game of the next year. Exciting programs to be around!!

Edited by ORfever