MoWest VS jeff co

Nizzi B

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC4life, I’ll tell you what this 1A bunch from Swain isn’t your typical 1A football team. Swain is loaded this season and since the Morristown game Swain has put up 77 points to 7 on two 3A schools here in North Carolina with one more 4A school on the schedule in two weeks. By the way the 7 points giving up were on the scrubs too.

So please don’t make it sound as if losing to Swain was an embarrassment for it wasn’t. Matter of fact that game could have easily went the other way in the second half but the ball bounced in Swain’s favor. A Swain fumble recovered by Swain on the one-foot line was probably the biggest play in the second half. Motown recovers they score the tying points and I don’t think Swain had the juice to hang with Motown for an overtime game.

I’m dang proud of what Swain accomplished and I feel it’s wrong of some to use that game to rub it in towards Motown. Matter of fact this bunch from Swain this year could hang and defeat many a solid football team no matter what classification they are.

Yes, you could say I’m also a Motown fan for the Swain fans were well treated at Motown last year. And I’m sure many of the fans of Motown were also impressed with Swain County this year too.

JC4life, I’ll tell you what this 1A bunch from Swain isn’t your typical 1A football team.  Swain is loaded this season and since the Morristown game Swain has put up 77 points to 7 on two 3A schools here in North Carolina with one more 4A school on the schedule in two weeks.  By the way the 7 points giving up were on the scrubs too.

So please don’t make it sound as if losing to Swain was an embarrassment for it wasn’t.  Matter of fact that game could have easily went the other way in the second half but the ball bounced in Swain’s favor.  A Swain fumble recovered by Swain on the one-foot line was probably the biggest play in the second half.  Motown recovers they score the tying points and I don’t think Swain had the juice to hang with Motown for an overtime game.

I’m dang proud of what Swain accomplished and I feel it’s wrong of some to use that game to rub it in towards Motown.  Matter of fact this bunch from Swain this year could hang and defeat many a solid football team no matter what classification they are.

Yes, you could say I’m also a Motown fan for the Swain fans were well treated at Motown last year.  And I’m sure many of the fans of Motown were also impressed with Swain County this year too.

825329827[/snapback]

My purpose was not to offend Swain,but the fact is if Jefferson Co were to lose to a 1A school Mo West would use it as ammo to attack us(heck they used Rhea Co which is 4A).I`m sure Swain is a fine school,with a good football team. You have no idea how big a smile I had when I saw that you guys beat Mo West.

My purpose was not to offend Swain,but the fact is if Jefferson Co were to lose to a 1A school Mo West would use it as ammo to attack us(heck they used Rhea Co which is 4A).I`m sure Swain is a fine school,with a good football team. You have no idea how big a smile I had when I saw that you guys beat Mo West.

825329856[/snapback]

Swain Co. is a class act and was a more than gracious host, even feeding the entire team and coaches after the game. To imply the entire team ("they") would use your performance against Rhea Co. as "smack fodder" is out of line. Looking forward to Friday night.

JC4life, I’ll tell you what this 1A bunch from Swain isn’t your typical 1A football team.  Swain is loaded this season and since the Morristown game Swain has put up 77 points to 7 on two 3A schools here in North Carolina with one more 4A school on the schedule in two weeks.  By the way the 7 points giving up were on the scrubs too.

So please don’t make it sound as if losing to Swain was an embarrassment for it wasn’t.  Matter of fact that game could have easily went the other way in the second half but the ball bounced in Swain’s favor.  A Swain fumble recovered by Swain on the one-foot line was probably the biggest play in the second half.  Motown recovers they score the tying points and I don’t think Swain had the juice to hang with Motown for an overtime game.

I’m dang proud of what Swain accomplished and I feel it’s wrong of some to use that game to rub it in towards Motown.  Matter of fact this bunch from Swain this year could hang and defeat many a solid football team no matter what classification they are.

Yes, you could say I’m also a Motown fan for the Swain fans were well treated at Motown last year.  And I’m sure many of the fans of Motown were also impressed with Swain County this year too.

825329827[/snapback]

KFS, Swain Cty has a great program this year. I believe by the end of the season everyone will know Swain Cty could hold its own with most 4A and numerous 5A teams. Fans were gracious and knew their football. It sure was a long RAINY drive home though! Good luck in the weeks to come!

First off to say that this isnt the biggest rival (minus East vs West) of either team is a rediculous thing to say.

This is the most hated and bitter rivalry for the teams because so many people know each other from both schools. Kids from Maryville dont know anyone from West and vice versa. Being in neighboring counties these two schools have alot in common and one thing being they hate each other.

Last years game was a great game, hard fought on both sides. West rebounded incredibly after the loss and did what we SHOULD HAVE DONE by getting to the Buro. Even though I hate most everyone from West with a burning passion you have to give them props for what they did last year. A perfect game was the only way they could have brought home the hardware.

Back to this year, no matter what you say BOTH teams lost a whole lot of talent from last year. Shockley, Rice, Goforth, Pee Wee and others for West. Parker, Scooter, Jeff and T Money for us. I think this years game will go alot like last years just sloppier. This will not be a defensive struggle though it will be a game full of big offensive plays.

Jeff Co. pulls it out 28-21.

Let people trash talk, bragging rights are what this rivalry is about. We beat West, West got to State. Thats all.

Let people trash talk, bragging rights are what this rivalry is about. We beat West, West got to State. Thats all.

825330207[/snapback]

Very true,this game is a measuring stick for both teams,and is all about bragging rights.Until Mo West moves up to 5A(or things change with the TSSAA) thats all it will be about.My advice to anyone coming to game.....GET THERE EARLY The stadium will be packed long before game time,and like last year,it will have the feel of a playoff game.

Mo-West fans, how about giving me an update on the team, names, positions, etc.

Do they run the ball most the time etc.

825331203[/snapback]

Chuch Myron's article in the Citizen Tribune will let you know the bread and butter of Morristown West's offense this year... Bradley James and Darius Ewing

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=...id=159389&rfi=6

Any news or updates from the Patriots (game plan, personnel, etc.)?

825331279[/snapback]

Right now everything is beeing kept in the dark (as it should be) With things as the are now,Mo West has no idea what we will be doing.When they watch film they will see two totally different games,with different personnel.We could decide to go with the power game like we did against Rhea,or we could go at them like we did CC.Not to mention all the plays Coach U is holding back :huh: