Maryville vs. William Blount

RebelRaider

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Govman! That wouldn't be a pretty sight.

As a Rebel fan I overlook no one. I will never forget my junior year in 1980 when Maryville was 7-0 and ranked #1 in the state. Maryville had just drilled South Young 40-0. We Rebel players watched film of South Young beating Powell 17-0. Powell looked awful on tape. Powell beat Maryville 7-6 on a rainy field. I learned that night you never overlook anyone.

Rebelron and others,

What is the deal with William Blount? I thought all along they were probably overhyped, but right now they are not even competing. With the talent they have at running back why can't they generate more offensive? Is the defense that bad?

Given the state of things (and Maryville staying focused) I say 42-0, Maryville.

And Stars & Bars, don't forget this, WB has a very strong girls' cross country team !!! (The personal P.A. system is classic ... it wasn't a Mr. Microphone, was it?)

Gov-Man my little twin daughters would not let me have their "Mr. Microphone."

As bad as the P.A. announcer was at the game Thursday night and in the past up there, (totally unlike the great P.A. announcer at W.B.) I wanted to make sure the fans on our side got a fair and unbiased report of what was happening on the field. Additionally, I wanted to also reiterate to everyone from Mairvul about the excellence of their girls cross-country team, since we had many weather related late arrivals.

Since W.B. too has a good girls cross-country team, you can personally count on me my friend, to enlighten everyone of that fact come Friday Night.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

I just wanna know where is aj carson, i havent heard a thing about him, does he even touch the ball on offense , from what i have heard he is getting burnt bad at safety, i bet he is regretting leaving jeff. co now. and what about the great scott meadows , the reason he moved to wb is bc of all the talent , im just waitin on some of that talent to win their first game. wb fans dont get to use to meadows if he sees an area team with some talent he will be gone just like that. i used to think he was a good coach but now ive got him figured out.

Govman,

Just wondering if you made the trip down to the Nest. If you did, after Friday night, give a comparison of Ooltewah, Soddy-Daisy, & Maryville. Justb curious of how these teams stack up.

825349567[/snapback]

thorough,

Did not get down to Ooltewah on Monday ... sounds like they're are an awfully good football team. I was real impressed with Soddy when they played here in week 2. I'm imagining that Ooltewah and Soddy is gonna be a heck of a game.

I've watched Maryville play three times (Carter, Alcoa, & Mo West). They were pretty darn impressive against Mo West in every phase. I'm not sure if I'd say that Maryville is overall as "big" as Soddy. The Soddy boys looked huge to us up in the press box when they played at Blount. But it's hard for me to imagine that anybody is any more a "complete" as team as Maryville. And some of Maryville's offensive schemes are equal to that of a lot of major college teams.

Coach Meadows and staff have definitely got an incredibly huge task of their hands to get ready for Friday, even to the point that the Govs can even compete. I just hope that the true WB folks will realize that "Rome wasn't built in a day" and even though the program has been on a little bit of an upswing in the past few years, to get to where we really want to be might mean "hitting the bottom" before we can head back up.

We'll see.