South Doyle High

77kcoRaeB77

Be patient with coach Hutchins and he will take that football program to places they only wished they could go to in the past. He is knowledgeable and is truly a players coach. It takes time to rebuild a program.... especially one that has been in such a mess like SD has been in the past few years. GOOD LUCK Hutch your old TRIBE supporters are pulling for you! GO TRIBE!!!!

Edited by TribeFan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having Coach Duncan as your athletic director will pay more future dividends than you can imagine.  Look at what he accomplished at Powell.  The Cherokees will have a good future ahead of them, just be patient.

825371135[/snapback]

the man is right. its like a loaded gun the 2 of them will turn things around. Have faith in Duncan. He does know a little about winning, and he would not have brought Hutchins in if he didnt think he could win.

You are right about Swafford.  He was a disgrace to the school and the coaching profession.  Him losing his job had nothing to do with politics.  It was about his behavior and poor judgment.  He NEVER had a winning record a SD.  Coach Ward had several winning seasons including a region championship in the 90's.

825363237[/snapback]

Swafford had a winning record....we went 6-4 and then lost in the 1st round of the playoffs......and econ.....there are more than 3 good athletes on that team...there r plenty.....i agree that a lot dont play....but there r more than 3....and bender is right......things r turning around as we speak....maybe a W really soon....GO KEES!!!

johnpaul I got a ? for ya ......If South Doyle is the slowest team in Ktown, then that would mean Halls has a little bit of speed correct? Now onto the joker that claims SD has several players with 4.4 speed and all... With that kinda speed how on god's green earth did the Halls receivers get soooooooo wide open play after play against guys with SD's speed deamons?

johnpaul I got a ? for ya ......If South Doyle is the slowest team in Ktown, then that would mean Halls has a little bit of speed correct?  Now onto the joker that claims SD has several players with 4.4 speed and all... With that kinda speed how on god's green earth did the Halls receivers get soooooooo wide open play after play against guys with SD's speed deamons?

825371778[/snapback]

there are guys on this team that run 4.4's now whether the stopwatch timing them is accurate is another ?? but i saw guys last winter running 4.5's on the track... You can believe what you want but its true. Just because you can run fast doesnt mean you can guard everyone.. people make mistakes , just because justin gatlin is the fastest man on earth doesnt mean he could play defensive back thumb

Coach Hutchins will get the job done at South Doyle. He is a good man, and he definitely relates to the players well. He has experience in the big games as a player, assistant at Jefferson County, and head coach at McMinn County. Oh yeah, not to mention he has a chemistry degree; the man is no dumby. Hutchins has also coached within several offensive and defensive systems at Jefferson County and other schools in South Carolina, so he has an appreciation for doing what works. Give the man a chance, and he will succeed. That's all he knows.

In responding to Swafford. I played against his teams, and they were the dirtiest teams I have ever played in any sport. They were going for knees when they tackled, and one kid even punched another in the face several times and was ejected. This isn't your typical high school football atmosphere, and I would hold Swafford accountable for all of it. I can remember Swafford coached teams coming to cheer against another team in order to get into the playoffs! Who does that? ONLY A COACH THAT CAN'T GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS WITHOUT THE HELP OF ANOTHER TEAM'S LOSS! You have a winner now. Let him do his thing. He'll get you to the playoffs.

Coach Hutchins will get the job done at South Doyle.  He is a good man, and he definitely relates to the players well.  He has experience in the big games as a player, assistant at Jefferson County, and head coach at McMinn County.  Oh yeah, not to mention he has a chemistry degree; the man is no dumby.  Hutchins has also coached within several offensive and defensive systems at Jefferson County and other schools in South Carolina, so he has an appreciation for doing what works.  Give the man a chance, and he will succeed.  That's all he knows. 

In responding to Swafford.  I played against his teams, and they were the dirtiest teams I have ever played in any sport.  They were going for knees when they tackled, and one kid even punched another in the face several times and was ejected.  This isn't your typical high school football atmosphere, and I would hold Swafford accountable for all of it.  I can remember Swafford coached teams coming to cheer against another team in order to get into the playoffs!  Who does that?  ONLY A COACH THAT CAN'T GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS WITHOUT THE HELP OF ANOTHER TEAM'S LOSS!  You have a winner now.  Let him do his thing.  He'll get you to the playoffs.

825374030[/snapback]

I don't see anything wrong with the boys going and cheering for another team; it just shows they are into the playoffs. There are a lot worse things kids can be doing on a Friday night than cheering for another team to back into the playoffs. I've seen the Tennessee Titans cheer for other teams to back in. That's just football.