Gallatin at McGavock

wavemachine

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to McGavock. They just wanted it more. As GWave has already stated you can't win turning the ball over. It is also very hard to win with a one dimesional offence. We will have to continue to eat our words for a while longer but enjoy this while you can. We don't give you too many opportunites.

Congrats to McGavock and their new coach. They were well prepared for us.

Thank you to all you Gallatin folks. We again showed what we are made of by taking it with class.

By the way...Feliz...of course I haven't responded in two days. I don't work on Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by Wireman

Hey guys. This year's Mcgavock team is the best it has been in a few years. McGavock had a very hard week of practice and they just played better than Gallatin did on friday night. and all of you saying that McGavock won because of turnovers just need to be quite. Turnovers are a part of football. Its not like they cheated or something. Mcgavocks defence laid major hits on those fumbles. and Gallatin didnt even trade tapes with McGavock. that is a very stupid mistake.

Everyone watch out for the Raiders this year. They are a good team.

No other team has BIG 25 discipline like the Raiders. :angry:

Edited by BigBubba76

I think all of you who have jumped on the McGavock bandwagon are insane. Anyone who believes that McGavock will go any farther than the first round of the playoffs is crazy. I have a feeling that Antioch will bounce back this week and beat the raiders... So what does that say for them then? Are they still better than Gallatin then? Because I am pretty sure we beat Antioch. Anyway, McGavock is still a metro team that will probably never see a state championship, while Gallatin is a team that makes it to the playoffs consistantly.... Year after year. So all you McGavock and metro supporters- go buy a case of GWave's "shut up juice".

First off, I'll give props to McGavock for playing a very good game. It was evident that they were much more prepared for the game than the Wave was. Gallatin was obviously not ready to play. Don't know if I should blame it on the coaches or the players, or both. Not swapping tapes had something to do with it I am sure.

Secondly, if you are Gallatin, how are you not pumped to the gills to play this game. I saw no fire in the team! There is no excuse for the level of play I saw Friday night by the Wave. I was very disappointed! They looked like a totally different team than the one that played Antioch. All the talk, and then no backing it up.

Third, if they continue the rest of the season like this, they'll be lucky to win another game. They will see the wing-T again this week, and Hendersonville will definitely exploit the lack of defense if they watch the McGavock tape. HL will probably have more speed than McGavock.

On another note, I don't really understand the coaches not swapping the tapes. I understand the bitterness toward McGavock, but you have to have your team prepared for every opponent.

Another thing, Gallatin has to be the WORST come from behind team I ahve ever seen. It has been that way since Lassiter got here. The DO NOT have to offensive ability to overcome a big lead. They need to work on the passing game to atleast give the kids a chance to come back. You can't overcome a 21 point deficit by running the ball up the middle!!

Sensation,

I agree 100 percent. Gallatin's clock management is atrocious. My biggest question goes unanswered...WHY ISN'T MACFARLAND GETTING MORE SNAPS!!!!!

We have scored on nearly every series he is in. Nothing against Shipley. I would love to see him back at receiver and the offense opened up a little. GWave was on the money Fri. night. If we are going to continue to run, run, run, then go back to the power I and get a lead blocker in front of Harris. A word of advice, be patient GreenWave fans and remember how many soph's are starting. Coming off a big win against Antioch we should have guarded against a letdown. McGavock was just ready for us.

Edited by Wireman