Friday Night Lights

secretasianman

I heard the author make a comment on TV last Saturday about the city of Valdosta, GA just finished a 6.5 million stadium pretty much for their highschool football team.  Is this a fact, and how did they get the money for that?  I have been through there a few times and there dosn't seem to be much there.  I know they have had a lot of good seasons, but dang!

825369483[/snapback]

jwinston..there was a thread on this a couple months back..this stadium is impressive..Here is the link to see the pictures..Valdosta Stadium

And Remember the Titans is my favorite Football movie..

well besides Waterboy lol!(But that was foozball wasn't it?..My momma said..My momma said I couldn't play no foozball and girls are the debil!!)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to espn.com and the site has a special feature on the movie. The actual 1988 events as seen & written by the author are compared to the "reel" events depicted in the movie. It also has some interviews, where they are nows, etc. with some of the former players. I tell you this as I tell my classes...you can't beat the 80's and the generation that grew up during this time. (Please excuse me there...the WWII era citizens are the "Greatest Generation" if I could steal the tribute from Tom Brokaw) The book & I bet the movie will make me think about my playing days & make me want to pull out "Glory Days" by Springsteen or "I Go Back" by Chesney.

Edited by fuzby

Knute Rockne-All American for all of us "old timers" was a great film. Yes it's corny, but hearing the late great Ronald Reagan say "go out and win one for the gipper" and hearing Coach Rockne testify before congress about why America needs football are great moments in the film that make it worth watching.

Greatest football book of all time: TOUCHDOWN FOR TOMMY.

It is the only book that Lipscomb Middle School coach Kevin Temple ever read from cover to cover.

Edited by tackle

Great Football Movies-Varsity Blues, Remember the Titans, Necessary Roughness, Any Given Sunday, Radio, The Program, and The Junction Boys

Great Baseball Movies-Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, The Sandlot, and all the Major League Movies

Great Basketball Movies-Hoosiers, Blue Chips, and The Sixth Man

Great Golf Movies-Tin Cup, The Legend of Bagger Vance, and Happy Gilmore

Great Hockey Movie-Miracle thumb