How 'bout them Vols!

bhsOL

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UT is in the drivers seat of the SEC East right now with the victories over UGA and Florida. As long as they dont slip up and lose to someone there not supposed to it looks like the SEC Championship game will be a rematch between the Big Orange and Auburn. Watch out for South Carolina though even though they lost to ole miss today there still a dangerous team. Ainge and Schaffer both have really impressed me but as much as i would love to see them both there i have a feeling Schaffer will transfer.

Edited by doubleplay96

UT is in the drivers seat of the SEC East right now with the victories over UGA and Florida. As long as they dont slip up and lose to someone there not supposed to it looks like the SEC Championship game will be a rematch between the Big Orange and Auburn. Watch out for South Carolina though even though they lost to ole miss today there still a dangerous team. Ainge and Schaffer both have really impressed me but as much as i would love to see them both there i have a feeling Schaffer will transfer.

825374625[/snapback]

i would if I were him. you know, with marcus vick being in all kinds of trouble, and randall being gone soon, you think he may consider going to V. Tech? Maybe he'll go to MTSU! that would be awsome.

Guest Oakland
i would if I were him. you know, with marcus vick being in all kinds of trouble, and randall being gone soon, you think he may consider going to V. Tech? Maybe he'll go to MTSU! that would be awsome.

825374631[/snapback]

in a perfect world that would happen, but until middle can consistently win games, it just wont happen

Middle has some of the same problems as Vandy. Can't recruit. They get a few good players and have to coach their tails off to compete. By the 4th quarter, there's not enough fuel in the tank to close the deal. Neither will fix their problems UNTIL they bring in WHOLE regimes of coaches with credentials of champions and excitement. That's the only way. You have to believe things are changing at a university for a player of Top Twenty Five calibur to even give a look to those schools or they would be wasting their time.

I'd be willing to bet that the amount of coaching effort per coach at Vandy and MTSU would be close to double that of a UT. When you have premier athletes all the way through the bench, it's hard to beat with 5 to 6 good starters and the rest just fill ins.

Vandy losing to Rutgers last night was ridiculous. With a 27 to 3 lead, the announcer (not Willie) said that "Vandy has gone to a man to man defense." "Vandy is making a statement that if we can't beat you now with man to man, then we don't belong in the SEC."

Well, hello, there you go. Guess what all the rest of the world knew but nobody at Vandy would listen. That game last night put the final nail in the coffin for spectators. It's a shame that Cutler and a few others can't bail out. If I were them, I'd stick to my studies.

I would like to hear what redtwin has to say about the game. from my standpoint, i was confident the vols would go up to athens and show them what's up. i'm really proud of our players, especially eric ainge, gerald riggs, and omar gaither who had a heck of a game on defense. our destiny in the sec east is ours to win or lose.

Great job by Chavis. The weak UT secondary was well coached this week and the changes between the Auburn game and the Georgia game were awesome. Credit to the Chief for seeing that we can't play mantoman against receivers yet led to the victory. Also great job by the D line and O line.

Everyone is talking about how UT couldn't beat Auburn if they play again. Well, remember in 2001, a darn good UT team destroyed LSU in the regular season and they turned around and beat us in the SEC title game and we would have gone to the National Title if we won. Anything can happen and it can happen to Auburn too.

Since Florida lost, they now have 2 SEC losses and no chance at a SEC title. For the east that just leaves UT and GA. If UT doesn't lose any more SEC games, they are in the title game. If they lose one more and GA doesn't, GA is in. If GA and UT each loses one more, UT is still in because they beat FL and GA.