High School Rule

tyjacks

Thanks for all the input, I was looking for clarification on this TSSAA rule and its purpose. I really don't see how this brings attention to an individual as long as there is no offensive writing or self promotion. Is the is rule in the TSSAA rulebook? I just found this interesting that a ref made a player go out of the game, same as if their jersey was not tucked in properly.

Edited by tyjacks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? I want to see in writing this rule because I played ball my 11th and 12th grade year and started every game and i always had wristbands on, me and the other starting X reciever always had them on and we were never once told to. Someone give me some proof, then I will believe until then. Wear them, they give you character.

Who cares? I want to see in writing this rule because I played ball my 11th and 12th grade year and started every game and i always had wristbands on, me and the other starting X reciever always had them on and we were never once told to. Someone give me some proof, then I will believe until then. Wear them, they give you character.

825375499[/snapback]

I played Friday Night and while we were warming up one of the refs came up to my buddy and I and told us to pull the wristbands down to our wrists. However, when we traveled to Nashville and Chattanooga the refs said nothing so it might be just a Shelby Metro thing. Regardless, I think it is stupid to make players pull the bands down. All we are doing is emulating what we see on tv saturdays and sundays. Refs, relax and let us have fun.

Its just like the sock deal in the NFL and the shorts in the NBA. The TSSAA like most other leagues want all the players to look the same, and not draw attention to themselves in any way. I think the rule is BS, pretty soon guys won`t be able to wear gloves, or visors. Its just a bunch of old time football people who don`t want to see individuality or anything that even comes close to fitting with the culture of the day. I heard people complaining that players shouldn`t be able to wear gloves because it makes the player stand out, what is that?