Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think clay county has the best shot at the championship.As long as they got the guards hitting i see them winning region,and playing temple at home and beating them.I also feel rich will come big when they need it.I say pickett county gets beat by jackson county in district.Because u see at pickett county everything goes there way but wen jc and pickett go to upperman its going to be all jackson county.

Didn't Clay County loose to Unaka, Cosby beat Unaka by almost 30.

Im not sold on Cosby, they have played a jv schedule.

Just because we beat everybody by 40 doesn't mean we play a weak schedule. Cosby is in a solid (not great but solid) district with Rockwood an Midway being 2-3 behind cosby the 1A out of district comp is Hancock and , Unaka two traditionally strong teams and everyone else has been 2A or 3A which with the exception of Pigeon Forge we have handled relatively easily. Just because you can't manhandle everyone you play doesn;t make your schedule any better than ours.

So Union City is the best team in your district. You said it.

Our situation is different from Middleton's.We did lose to U.C.by a larger score if you look at it that way..but Humboldt beat U.C. and we beat Humboldt twice so that gives us the lead..lol.......I,m just messing with you MTown..I know Middleton has a great team and if we play,I believe it will be a great game....If we do play you guys,,look me me up and I'll show you around the gym at Lake Co..

Just because we beat everybody by 40 doesn't mean we play a weak schedule. Cosby is in a solid (not great but solid) district with Rockwood an Midway being 2-3 behind cosby the 1A out of district comp is Hancock and , Unaka two traditionally strong teams and everyone else has been 2A or 3A which with the exception of Pigeon Forge we have handled relatively easily. Just because you can't manhandle everyone you play doesn;t make your schedule any better than ours.

Well, lets look at some facts. Last time i look Cosby was 89th in strenght of schedule on here. There are only 105 teams and at least 1/4 of them are aweful, so they play bad schedules to keep from getting embarressed. I dont see how a contender should play the 89th toughest schedule it doesnt make since, you wanna play hard teams to make you better.

They combined record of their oponents is 249-315, which isnt very good. No one is saying Cosby is a bad team, only they havent played a really hard schedule.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

Well, lets look at some facts. Last time i look Cosby was 89th in strenght of schedule on here. There are only 105 teams and at least 1/4 of them are aweful, so they play bad schedules to keep from getting embarressed. I dont see how a contender should play the 89th toughest schedule it doesnt make since, you wanna play hard teams to make you better.

They combined record of their oponents is 249-315, which isnt very good. No one is saying Cosby is a bad team, only they havent played a really hard schedule.

85th thank you very much :thumb: We have to play Greenback TSD and Grace Christian all twice because they're in our district thats half of that 315 right there. Drop those three off our schedule and its as strong as anybody's. 75% of our out of conference games are against bigger schools in our area. The better 2A and 3A schools in our area WON'T play us for fear of gettin blowed out by a small school.