This year in AA

Jroc24

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson County will be stout this year. Coach Mike Ellis has done a good job of steadily building this program with younger players, who aren't younger anymore. With the addition of Tiffany Rodd, and maturation of Emily Dupree the Lady Mavs will be very big up front, and seasoned and deep in the 1,2, and 3 spots. This is going to be fun, and a banner year all-around for AC in women's athletics. :rolleyes:

Awfully Smug comment for u to make there SLEEP23, considerin your team was NOT PRESENT at the "Boro" last March!! I got 3 things to say to you!! 1st thing is, I'm not mad, I'm pointin out the "Idiotic Statement" you made!!

2nd thing is, YOU AND YOUR TEAM DONT WANT NONE!! AND 3rd thing, YOU better hope "HISTORY DOESN'T REPEAT ITSELF", b/c if it does, you and your team will be sittin at the house again, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!!

p.s. YOU DONT WANT NONE!!! :rolleyes:

p.s.s. Come to "The Barn" or anywhere else the Lady Mustangs play this year, and see the "DECENT" post we have named JANA CROSS, and the "DECENT" point guard we have named Paige Hannah, and the "Decent" Lights out 3 point

shooter(s) we have, Laura Birdyshaw, and Leah Stone!! Come watch all those "DECENT" players as you like to call them, and then comment on our "DECENT" team, and how history will "DECENTLY" repeat itself!! LOL, dont be hatin cuz yo POST SEASON dont be lookin as PROMISIN as ours!! :( thumb :D

Hey SPORTZTER1

I hope to see some of the Loretto games on Saturday at Columbia. I am looking forward to seeing a little inside/out action with Jana and "The Princess". Well, she is a Princess off the court anyway, more like a hungry Tiger when she crosses the white line. Good luck Leah and have a Great Year!!!

Yes, I know the spelling is different!!! :huh:

kw

Hey Devil, just how would you rank the AA this preseason??

825415140[/snapback]

Well i realize that alot of people believe that they have a legitimate shot at the "Gold" this year and there are alot of really good teams this year. I often read posts about teams that go 31-2, 33-0 during the season and there is no doubt with records like these that these teams are very deserving, however i will also add that if teams like David Lipscomb and Hume-Fogg didn't have to play the teams from 7AA every year in the regional tournament, they would have made the state tournament the last two or three years. I heard alot about Loretto last year, and i see there are alot of fans from that school on here this year. However i have said it in the past and i will say it again, no one plays basketball in AA like 7AA. Now having said that, i will admit that alot of teams have closed the gap (westview,gibson co., mcminn central, and walker valley although they are AAA in size and will be in AAA after this year) So here is my list of top 5 teams in AA this year.

#1 Upperman - Man that hurt! lol Very solid team, very well coached

#2 Walker Valley - very athletic, very talented can they get out of the substate?

#3 Smith Co. - Talent laden team but can they rise over the JC and LA?

#4 Westview - Well coached and always full of talent

#5 Hume-Fogg - Another well coached team that has paid its dues, real test will come in regional tournament

Edited by devilfanatic

Well i realize that alot of people believe that they have a legitimate shot at the "Gold" this year and there are alot of really good teams this year.  I often read posts about teams that go 31-2, 33-0 during the season and there is no doubt with records like these that these teams are very deserving, however i will also add that if teams like David Lipscomb and Hume-Fogg didn't have to play the teams from 7AA every year in the regional tournament, they would have made the state tournament the last two or three years.  I heard alot about Loretto last year, and i see there are alot of fans from that school on here this year.  However i have said it in the past and i will say it again, no one plays basketball in AA like 7AA.  Now having said that, i will admit that alot of teams have closed the gap (westview,gibson co., mcminn central, and walker valley although they are AAA in size and will be in AAA after this year) So here is my list of top 5 teams in AA this year. 

#1  Upperman - Man that hurt! lol Very solid team, very well coached

#2  Walker Valley - very athletic, very talented can they get out of the substate?

#3  Smith Co. - Talent laden team but can they rise over the JC and LA?

#4  Westview - Well coached and always full of talent

#5  Hume-Fogg - Another well coached team that has paid its dues, real test will come in regional tournament

825416366[/snapback]

Mr. Devil sir.....from what I have seen, Loretto is for real. I will be watching them closely this year. Don't forget their road to the state tournament is not as difficult as it is for teams from 7AA, so they have a great chance to be there at the end.....

devilfanatic

I have no problem agreeing with you that 7AA is where it's at, but I also know first hand that Loretto is for real.  It will not stun me if the Gold stays in 7AA but I think Loretto will have something to say about it before that last horn blows in the 'Boro'.

kw

825417531[/snapback]

I am sure that Loretto has a great team, i took a look at their schedule and it should be a pretty easy road for them to the buro' this year, I just wish i could watch them play some of the teams from here as every team except for one or two is capable of playing in the buro' and i mean no disrespect to your district or region but the top 6 here would probably make it out of that region and that is not an exageration, i am not saying the top six would beat Loretto but they would have a good chance to make it out of the regional tournament, for sure the top four would.