Can the Dores turn around the football program?

AintSkeerd59

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
I have no idea how Vanderbilt can turn around their football program except for lowering academic standards for athletes. They need a coach who is committed to spending 10+ years shaping a brand new program. Right now I am not convinced at all that Bobby Johnson is that man. Thought?

825387944[/snapback]

i think bobby johnson could be the right fit if they just fire that idiot gordon gee or whatever the heck his name is

i think bobby johnson could be the right fit if they just fire that idiot gordon gee or whatever the heck his name is

825388036[/snapback]

student150.jpg

Gordo has a hornets nest on his hands. He's trying to move academia into the locker room with all the changes he's made to the tiers of power by virtually eliminating the Athletic Directors job and pooling the athletic department with the main body. Very, very idealistic viewpoint of how to get the student back into athletics.

There's only one problem that Gee's overlooked.

First, you have to have athletes before you can educate them B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have no idea how Vanderbilt can turn around their football program except for lowering academic standards for athletes. They need a coach who is committed to spending 10+ years shaping a brand new program. Right now I am not convinced at all that Bobby Johnson is that man. Thought?

825387944[/snapback]

Unfortunately for Vandy being set up the way it is, we will most likely never see a 10 year coach at that school. The entire set up puts coaches there in a very bad situation. Back during the preseason I had predicted that the Dores were going to come out the gate flat, but just never figured they would be that flat.

• 4 weeks later...

Vandy needs a different coach, somebody young, energetic, and disciplined that will step up and say this is the way its gonna be and if you dont like it, hit the rode, because we can find someone that wants to play! They need someone that will bring a new attitude to the locker room, an attitude in which the mind set is we are good and we are suppose to win! Instead Vandy believes when they walk out onto the field it is OK to lose as long as they give 110% and that shouldnt be there mind set. If Vandy would play every team they play with the intensity and passion that they play UT, you would see a big difference! Dont get me wrong they havent beat UT in 21 years, but they sure have given them some scares in those 21 years, just like two weeks ago!

• 2 weeks later...