BEST RETURNING WRESTLERS

TS4500

I am not being hard on Gessler, for one I am a Gessler supporter. Now don't get mad since you are obviously a Farragut supporter. But if we will think back to 2 years ago I am quite sure Gessler beat Dix in the conso rounds at 135 to put him out of the tournament. Gessler went on to get third that year, but Dix has done something since that Gessler has been unable to do and that is win the big dance. I am guessing that Max will go 160 this year and might get a shot at Borneman again at Father Ryan. Whether it tunrs out good or bad for him atleast he will get another shot before the state tournament. This wouldn't happen if Borneman goes 152 which I am not sure but wouldn't think he would since I remember him struggling with weight last year at 152.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not being hard on Gessler, for one I am a Gessler supporter. Now don't get mad since you are obviously a Farragut supporter. But if we will think back to 2 years ago I am quite sure Gessler beat Dix in the conso rounds at 135 to put him out of the tournament. Gessler went on to get third that year, but Dix has done something since that Gessler has been unable to do and that is win the big dance. I am guessing that Max will go 160 this year and might get a shot at Borneman again at Father Ryan. Whether it tunrs out good or bad for him atleast he will get another shot before the state tournament. This wouldn't happen if Borneman goes 152 which I am not sure but wouldn't think he would since I remember him struggling with weight last year at 152.

825394915[/snapback]

Mildo, take a Chill Pill.

I've been watching Max before he ever got to High School. My family has been in future Champions and AAU. Both my boy's have been State Champs in both.

I enjoy watching Max wrestle but I was cheering for Ty Cody last year because of some of the Nasty and Arrogant :lol: things said on this board about Turner.

I knew Turner would have a better chance against Max then Ty but I no Ty and his Coach and Family our good folks and don't talk trash on this board. :o Last year at the senior nationals I saw young men who were undefeated in their High School careers go out and get beat in the first round. This is why it is one of the Greatest High School Sports out there.

They all put their jocks on the same way. I just couldn't figure out why there was so many Turner hater's posting from your area. PS Turner got into the Third round of the Nationals and received a Collage Wrestling Scholarship. I hope Max can do as well if invited to represent his State.

No Mention of Barnett from Germantown, i believe he got 2nd in state beating top werstler.. joel konz. I worked with barnett all summer and worked with konz a lil this summer. Barnett has his head on straight this year and nobody has considered him as one of the best in state? he is strong quick and has the technique to be nasty this year.

No Mention of Barnett from Germantown, i believe he got 2nd in state beating top werstler.. joel konz. I worked with barnett all summer and worked with konz a lil this summer. Barnett has his head on straight this year and nobody has considered him as one of the best in state? he is strong quick and has the technique to be nasty this year.

825397468[/snapback]

It is a mistake to not acknowledge Barnett. He'll be a top ranked wrestler and will probably deliver. There is another wrestler about the same weight by the name of DeAntonio Johnson that no one should overlook.

NOW...

I'm telling you, Franklin is loaded guys!! Just to name a few besides Ortiz and Heacock doing well... Bradley Felix along with his brother Kelly, Joel and Bond could all go undefeated. This Kirn fellow cold clean house all season and finish the top dog... watch out in the upper weights for him. Yes, this could mean at least five championships for Franklin.

We're just itching to take on this group, pick ourselves back up, study films and prepare for the regionals.

Soms

It is a mistake to not acknowledge Barnett.  He'll be a top ranked wrestler and will probably deliver. There is another wrestler about the same weight by the name of DeAntonio Johnson that no one should overlook. 

NOW...

I'm telling you, Franklin is loaded guys!!  Just to name a few besides Ortiz and Heacock doing well... Bradley Felix along with his brother Kelly, Joel and Bond could all go undefeated.  This Kirn fellow cold clean house all season and finish the top dog... watch out in the upper weights for him.  Yes, this could mean at least five championships for Franklin.

We're just itching to take on this group, pick ourselves back up, study films and prepare for the regionals.

Soms

825398053[/snapback]

did'nt one of those felix boys drop out of wrestling last year about mid season? Are you saying they are both back this year?

did'nt one of those felix boys drop out of wrestling last year about mid season?  Are you saying they are both back this year?

825398234[/snapback]

Bradley Felix, the older brother, didn't compete last season for personal reasons. He worked hard in the spring and should be back at full force this year.

Franklin will be a solid team this year. They very well could be the team to beat. Just don't count out Bradley, Cleveland, Clarksville and Soddy Daisy.

Edited by CoachDelgado

I too should have mentioned Andrew Barnett... I know how hard he has been working this summer. He will be a force this year. I am just interested in seeing what weight he is going to be at...

We have certification this weekend so then we will know where we will be placing our wresterls... I think it is the final date for Reigon 8 so several folks like Barnett and Borenman should know thier weights after Saturday...

Soms - Calm down buddy. It's a long time till February. Franklin's going to be pretty good and I think they are the team to beat, but 5 champions. That may be a stretch.

825398286[/snapback]

I'm calm and quite content with my prediction which you may save and stick in my face in February.

One more observation you may be able to appreaciate, Steve... I do believe the Bears new young squad will be better than last years team by next season, 2006. With the surprise of soph. Morris up from 103 to what, 130 and not wrestling after Christmas,2003? ...And his being about equal to soph. Creagan, it should be interesting plus the return of Super Soph Spain, the prospects should look good for Laxton to have another very strong team once again.

soms

PS: Isn't Barnett planning on going 140 again?

Edited by Sommers