most feared wrestler

wrestlingcoach

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stovepipe,

I'm guessing you're recalling David Kennedy wrestling the Germantown hvwt in the state duals when they were in Memphis. David's arm was NOT broken. He tried to stop the kid from doing a head lever and the Germantown kid just lifted his arm up really fast and temporarily dislocated his shoulder. This snapping his arm over his knee business is bringing me to tears (I needed agood laugh).

Keese Nelson wasn't mean, just a great athlete with the best hips in the business.

Charles didn't have a mean bone in his body.

Michael Spencer from Kirby....not popular with his opponents

...David's arm was NOT broken. He tried to stop the kid from doing a head lever and the Germantown kid just lifted his arm up really fast and temporarily dislocated his shoulder...

825393417[/snapback]

Aww. I'm disillusioned. I liked stovepipe's version much better.

"Just 'cause it's a tall tale don't mean it ain't true." :lol:

Anybody old enough to remember back around '77 when MBA had a big guy named "Gault"? I have no idea what his last name was. His mother, from whom he apparently got his stature, would sit near the edge of the mat and, with shoes in hand, pounding the gym floor as she bellowed in a deep voice, "Goooo Gault!" Gault was an ominous sight by himself, but the two of them were completely intimidating. After I graduated from high school, Gault and his mom were some of the things I missed most about high school wrestling. By the way, if Gault is still out there and happens to read this, “I mean no disrespect there Big Fella”.

If I were a wrestler these days, Kelley Felix would get my vote as scariest wrestler. I've enjoyed seeing him wrestle for many years. I won't say he tries to injure his opponents on the mat, but I don't think he's too broken up if he causes a little pain now and then.

Anybody old enough to remember back around '77 when MBA had a big guy named "Gault"?  I have no idea what his last name was.  His mother, from whom he apparently got his stature, would sit near the edge of the mat and, with shoes in hand, pounding the gym floor as she bellowed in a deep voice, "Goooo Gault!"  Gault was an ominous sight by himself, but the two of them were completely intimidating.  After I graduated from high school, Gault and his mom were some of the things I missed most about high school wrestling.  By the way, if Gault is still out there and happens to read this, “I mean no disrespect there Big Fella”.

If I were a wrestler these days, Kelley Felix would get my vote as scariest wrestler.  I've enjoyed seeing him wrestle for many years.  I won't say he tries to injure his opponents on the mat, but I don't think he's too broken up if he causes a little pain now and then.

825393474[/snapback]

Galt Baker, '78 MBA grad. I believe he placed in the state back when heavyweight was unlimited. He was 6'4", about 230. Still is and lives in Nashville. His mom passed away a few years ago and during her church service the preacher said "you may not understand, but please remove your shoes and grab them by toes. Now please pound them on the floor." This went on for about 45 seconds, growing louder and louder, before he said stop and put your shoes back on. He never explained but there were quite a few wrestlers in attendance and not a dry eye in the bunch.

Resha looked like a 152 wretling 119.  McTorry was not that mean he just played around until he got bored, then pinned or teched you.  Nelson was scarry, Didn't he bite someone during his region tournement his sophomre year.

Any wrestler wearing a face mask was scarry.

825393184[/snapback]

Last years 152 State Finalist (Chad Turner) from Farragut is the cousin of the Resha's. Small world. He wrestled aggressive.

Edited by rigger101

I never really enjoyed wrestling Kevin Johnson from Chatt. Central in the early '90s. His brother, Ricky, was no slouch either. Personally, I think their mom would just throw some raw meat down on the floor at dinner time and whoever got the most won.

I've heard guys talk about and grew up watching the fear Lionel Langford from Cleveland could put into your heart back in the late '80s. He won most matches before he set foot on the mat. He had a really good stare-down. Looked right into your soul.

I never really enjoyed wrestling Kevin Johnson from Chatt. Central in the early '90s.  His brother, Ricky, was no slouch either.  Personally, I think their mom would just throw some raw meat down on the floor at dinner time and whoever got the most won. 

I've heard guys talk about and grew up watching the fear Lionel Langford from Cleveland could put into your heart back in the late '80s.  He won most matches before he set foot on the mat.  He had a really good stare-down.  Looked right into your soul.

825393921[/snapback]

Ricky, Is a great guy. He was my son's Sunday School Teacher in the Mid 90's and involved with youth wrestling in the Harrison, TN area. thumb