Maryville wins 56-10 against Knox Central

Rebel96

rebelraider...get a life. Central fans are not afraid to show their face. To hear you , Grandgoody76 and Dmoyers1 talk, you all were the reason Maryville won. And you wonder why people think so little of fans like you. Yes, Maryville beat Central soundly. Hats off to the boys on the Maryville team. Good luck. To the boys at Central..learn from this loss and come back stronger.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was busy this weekend, as I've said, and my mom called me at halftime and told me the score and I told her that if Maryville put up a touchdown after halftime then Central would quit and it would be a landslide, guess I was right. I think thats a lack of discipline. I have NEVER seen Maryville quit, no matter how far down they get, they will fight to make a game look close, I can't think of a game where they ever got beat big, other than the 28-0 loss they took in 2000 to Heritage, but that was a VERY young team. Maryville is the real deal I think, look out Tenn High and Melrose!

I am one of the guys who thought the game would be close. On the news or during sports talk Coach H from Central showed little respect for the Rebels. Maybe he'll learn to use all that talent he has over there. I thought Central had loads of talent but really only used three-four guys like I thought they would and posted earlier that a scheme like this would not work. Central has over 60 kids and maybe 15 got into the game, that’s a joke. Daddy should let some other kid play DB, and not his starting QB. Central simply ran out of steam and the turn-overs Central had had little effect on this game.

Both teams were physical but Maryville did what it normally does, it wears another team down. Central had their tongues hanging out in the 3rd QTR. Great game by the "D" of Maryville and the front four chased Helton all over the field and he was hit almost on every release. A great job by these kids. #56 was somewhat dirty but even his attitude hurt his team. Maryville showed class and won like champion ions. When was the last time Central had thier butts handed to them like that? I guess that average of 11 points is bigger now?

Clinton Next.

Edited by FBEmeritus

What an awesome performance.

It all starts up front and our O-Line and D-line wore 'em out. This O-line may not have a Brandon Waters, Nick Black, or Chuch Prugh, but these cats can flat Git 'Er Dunn.

The D-line played great containment on Helton last night and I thought the Smith's, Killebrew, and Gary Tucker were excellent. Next year's front seven maybe one of the best in MHS history, loosin' only Jeffrey Smith and Parnell.

On a side note, I was almost late to the game last nite. First, my garbage truck broke down and I had to find another means to get my 9 foot 1961 Model Airstream trailer down to tailgate. Luckily, Rebelsman lent me his big ridin' lawn mower to pull her down to my favorite tail gatin' place, Broadway Barber Shop. I had the usual pregame meal of beans, taters, sweet onions and sweet tea, while Big John had his fancy fixins of calf meat. I then put in a big chaw of 'backee and watched my Rebels beat the Bobcats like Don Sentell's boys beat the teams who forfeit and won't play him anymore.

After the game, some dude from Knotsvul had some t-shirts and caps fer sale real cheap. I bought a few t-shirts to polish up my garbage truck. I want ol' Nellie to look good whiles I'm recruitin' over in north Knotsvul. That t-shirt salesman had a sweet little ride though. A orange Dodge with a big Rebel Flag painted on top and the thing I loved best was the horn played "DIXIE." Man what a ride. Could you imagine that thing painted Red and Black with a little metal flake mixed in the clear coat? Another thang that really looked good was the way that t-shirt salesman was dressed. Susie would have been impressed. He looked like Colonel Sanders to me, but someone else said he looked more like Colonel Parker.

All in all, it was a great nite for the Mairvul Rebels and maybe not as good fer those dressed like Rebels.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

I am a Rebel fan, but one thing I did like that Central did was walking out as a whole team hand in hand for the opening coin toss. That was intimidating as heck! Then in the first quarter, when Clement got hit hard over the middle. I thought they broke his back, and I thought we might have somebody actually give us a game last night. . . . guess not though. Congrats Rebels--props to Clement, Thompson, Tallent and the whole crew. Bring on the Dragons!

I am a Rebel fan, but one thing I did like that Central did was walking out as a whole team hand in hand for the opening coin toss.  That was intimidating as heck!  Then in the first quarter, when Clement got hit hard over the middle.  I thought they broke his back, and I thought we might have somebody actually give us a game last night. . . . guess not though.  Congrats Rebels--props to Clement, Thompson, Tallent and the whole crew.  Bring on the Dragons!

825396070[/snapback]

Oh was that for intimidation? I just thought everyone on their team voted for themself for captain. :lol:

What a great win.  Zach Helton impressed me none. He threw 2 interceptions. I knew this would be a blow-out.  In the other Maryville-Central topic, I predicted 49-17.  Now I'm just waitin on people like Newman and Aeroadrunners to get on here and doubt Maryville and say that we will probably be tested by Clinton.

825396137[/snapback]

I don't know why roadrunner even bothers with our threads. He ought to just thank his lucky stars that AE does not have to play us.