rocky top

BHSbruins08

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like it or not....it will be played a lot tonight in Knoxville after UT just knocked off rival Alabama.

825396868[/snapback]

I used to hate Rocky Top and UT. However where I work at is about 90% UT fans and every Friday and Saturday they play Rocky Top at least a dozen times a day and its so cool the way you can feel everyone get pumped up.

Actually, does Rocky Top even qualify as a fight song?  No.  I just got back from the Dickson County-Brentwood game, and at one point during the 2nd quarter, Dickson County had the nerve to play that song.  I'll admit, it's a good song, but it's kinda overrated.  Anybody agree/disagree?  Post comments here.

--Adam brown

BHS class of 08

825395527[/snapback]

What is wrong with you?I love to hear rocky top.I always expect it when our team scores a touchdown!

Dude, I may be the worse singer ever, but Rocky Top is the best song in the land, and I belt it out at the top of my lungs, and start dancin and the whole 9 yards everytime it is played. Where else can you find 100000+ grown people singin the same song with no reserves?

BTW, Rocky Top count is a good way to tell if Tennessee wins or loses the game.

UF- 47 times

Bama-34

Auburn- 17

I bleed orange, I have not missed a home game since I was 7, I almost cry whenever I see the pride of the southland forming the T. Ask anyone at my school who is the biggest UT fan, and they will tell you. I live and die with Tennessee, through the up's and down's. I can't stand folks to talk about my school, my state, my team, my fight song... you get the point.

Hello, I realize you can have your own team, but talk about them, and don't worry about us...

P.S. to the bama fans out there ...

AROUND THE BOWL, DOWN THE HOLE, ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! :blink:

What about them Vols?

Man i cant disagree any more. I love going to a Vols game and hearing the band strike up Rocky Top. The part after everyone sings and the drums hit, it gives me goosebumps everytime. I think if you have been to a Vols game then you would know the greatness of it.

TnVols23 love the quote, that Georgia, Florida, and Alabama so far this year. Another meeting with Auburn will be in the near future and i think we will be able to get them. Dont count on Ainge throwing 5 more picks. BTW does anyone else think that Schaffer (sp?) will transfer to another school after this year?

Unfortunately, I see a Schaeffer transfer coming quickly. I hate it, because he is such a good QB and athelete, but I am 100% behind whoever can lead our program to the most wins these next 4 years. Tennessee has a chance to do some very special things these next 4 years, because think about it, our window of opportunity is just getting bigger, because of how young our team is. UGA- After this season, the decline will begin. UF- Until they get a coach, the decline will keep getting steeper. Auburn- loses everything after this year. Plus, we have an early Top-10 recruiting class, ranked by Unapproved Website.

As for the Auburn rematch, I completely agree with you, Ainge will bring his all, and the defense WILL BE READY. I think everyone in the country was caught by surprise by this Auburn team, and especially the Vols.

News Flash: From my own memory, this is the first time since 1998 that we have beaten UGA, UF , and BAMA in the same season... and we ALL know what happened in 1998. Before that, it was during the Johnny Majors era, and pre-Spurrier.

Love Tennessee, hate UT, Love Vanderbilt, I like the song until they play it for the 50th time...it does get annoying.

BTW.....UT really doesn't have a chance at a Nat'l Title....and i'll tell you why.

1) The BCS is just what it is if u take away the "C"...BS!!!

2) Nobody wants to give the toughest conference in the nation(the SEC) any credit

3) I really don't see them getting by Auburn in the SEC championship, and Auburn will run the table in the SEC and get shafted by the BCS who is all about kissing USC and OU's anus!!!

4) The BCS should be done away with and gone to a play-off system in my mind. only the winners of the conferences are allowed to compete for the Nat'l Title. and therefore put in the playoff bracket.

Edited by dlu07

Dude, I may be the worse singer ever, but Rocky Top is the best song in the land, and I belt it out at the top of my lungs, and start dancin and the whole 9 yards everytime it is played. Where else can you find 100000+ grown people singin the same song with no reserves?

BTW, Rocky Top count is a good way to tell if Tennessee wins or loses the game.

UF- 47 times

Bama-34

Auburn- 17

825397164[/snapback]

47 times is way too much; they need to cut it in half. Yeah, I can see how you'd get pumped up because the song is upbeat and all, but most of the people on this board are Tennessee fans. Repetition is boring, and they play that and maybe one other song (or do they?) over and over and over and over again until you want to scream, like maybe that would stop them.

In other words, it's called BIAS. I'm sure if we went to Coach G, everyone would say that "Glory Over Georgia" was the best fight song ever. It's just not fair.

As for bleeding orange, that's just plain obsession. If you love the Vols so much, then just pitch a tent outside Neyland and live there. How about you talk to Phil Fulmer about letting you sleep in the locker room? Better yet, you could sleep with Smokey every night in his doghouse!

Edited by ctshizzle

IF ONLY YOU KNEW. I was at the strip at 8 this morning tailgating. I have been talkin about this game all week. I have a orange and white checkerboard room. I have tennessee pictures on my phone, my computer and everything. YES, I bleed Orange!

825397268[/snapback]

Hmmmm... I think you need to click on that banner at the top of this page, because Sigmund Freud would have a field day with you. Do you dream orange? Are you obsessed with Oompa Loompas (oh wait, that's Texas orange).

What have the Tennessee Vols ever done for you, other that swallow your wallet? Does the University of Tennessee send you birthday/Christmas cards? How about Peyton Manning? Tee Martin, perhaps?

I'm sorry, but being obsessed with something like that isn't good for your mind. After all, how depressed are you after a Vols loss?

Unfortunately, I see a Schaeffer transfer coming quickly. I hate it, because he is such a good QB and athelete, but I am 100% behind whoever can lead our program to the most wins these next 4 years. Tennessee has a chance to do some very special things these next 4 years, because think about it, our window of opportunity is just getting bigger, because of how young our team is. UGA- After this season, the decline will begin. UF- Until they get a coach, the decline will keep getting steeper. Auburn- loses everything after this year. Plus, we have an early Top-10 recruiting class, ranked by Unapproved Website.

As for the Auburn rematch, I completely agree with you, Ainge will bring his all, and the defense WILL BE READY. I think everyone in the country was caught by surprise by this Auburn team, and especially the Vols.

News Flash: From my own memory, this is the first time since 1998 that we have beaten UGA, UF , and BAMA in the same season... and we ALL know what happened in 1998. Before that, it was during the Johnny Majors era, and pre-Spurrier.

825397187[/snapback]

I knew either Ainge or Schaeffer one would transfer after this season. You can never keep two all-american qb's and expect them both to stay. Especially true freshmen. I just figured Ainge would be the one to go, but Fulmer finally came to his senses and started him a few times and got him comfortable taking the snaps, and now he's formed into a very collected qb. I wonder where Schaeffer will go though?