Southside Vs Lexington

reasons256

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southsides defense is very strong, but unfortunately our offense has not been playing up to par. We give the ball up too much, and since Douglas got hurt we can't seem to run the ball effectively. If we can keep from turning the ball over, our defense can keep us in the game. If we can score 14 and not turn the ball over I think we can win it.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Keep in mand this is for first in the region. It's at Lexington this year. two years ago SS played lexington for 4th place in the region and lost 16-13 on a last sec fg. They still have the same kicker this year. Think if SS doesn't turn the ball over hey have a great chance on winning. They are giving up 4-5 points per game this year on D, but the Offence isn't running the ball. They have openned it up alittle throwing the ball. Last week Mosely ran the ball hard for his first real action of the year and Alex Hayes really came up big against Mcnairy. I would like to see him get 10-15 carries this week. Lexington will be the best Offence SS has played all year, tey can run ad pass. Ty evans is a great QB, SS will have to get after him all night. I think Southside will win this tough game 21-20 and win the region Go HAWKS!!

SS has a very respectable D but this is a very very high powered offense your up against, like he said ty can run and throw , hes also throwing to one of the best receivers in the STATE Kevis Buckly, Cedric feilds is gonna run hard and fast, sharing the ground attack with him will be Johnathan Deberry, Blake Booth, and Quadrus Buckly. We see it like we have no choice but to win we haven't played great these last couple of games but we're winning, we'll try to change that friday , we have instructions to put you down hard and fast. I see our defense stopping you and our O showin up big.

SS-7

Lexington-21

SS has a very respectable D but this is a very very high powered offense your up against, like he said ty can run and throw , hes also throwing to one of the best receivers in the STATE Kevis Buckly, Cedric feilds is gonna run hard and fast, sharing the ground attack with him will be Johnathan Deberry, Blake Booth, and Quadrus Buckly. We see it like we have no choice but to win we haven't played great these last couple of games but we're winning, we'll try to change that friday , we have instructions to put you down hard and fast. I see our defense stopping you and our O showin up big.

SS-7

Lexington-21

825399826[/snapback]

Thats alot of talking from a team that has not won a region championship since when? Yea, I would say our defense is respectable. You will too when we stuff your little offense. Get ready dog.....the HAWK is in the air!!!!

South Side has the best defense in West Tennessee. That's what it comes down to. Is Mosley the guy that got his foot cut up? If SS would have had Douglas and that guy healthy the whole year things would have been different. I don't think people realized just how big of a loss Douglas was for SS. That guy is a hoss.

South Side has the best defense in West Tennessee.  That's what it comes down to.  Is Mosley the guy that got his foot cut up?  If SS would have had Douglas and that guy healthy the whole year things would have been different.  I don't think people realized just how big of a loss Douglas was for SS.  That guy is a hoss.

825400611[/snapback]

Lexington hasn't won the region since 1984 i beleive , but we don't live in the past do we? It's 2004 and we think we're due for a title. SO you come into our house Friday night, and you take the title away from us OK. IF you can , i'll be thoroughly impressed. Yea you have a great D, but I'm sure you'll notice ours ain't bad, the difference is we have an offense.

GOOD LUCK...............

Edited by daffron_33

Guest catfish-hunter

I was just reminding myself of a few weeks ago when all of you Southside fans were screaming "FIRE JERRY HAYES". You guys remember doing that after the loss to Liberty don't you? I would like to say congrats to coach Hayes for another excellent season and to his team for sticking with it through the toughest of times. Even when your fans were screaming "FIRE JERRY HAYES" you guys continued to play hard and now after beating Crockett & McNairy yall have the opportunity to win a region 6-3A title. Best of luck to you guys in the playoffs because I for one know that we stole a victory away from yall in last year's playoffs.

I beleive that the key to this game will be Lexington's offensive line versus South Sides defensive line. If Lexington can provide good protection for their quarterback, it could be a tough night for South Side. However, Liberty was able to apply very good preasure against the Lexington QB in their meeting earlier this season. That was not one of his better games if memory serves me correctly. If South Side can do the same, South Side wins this game.

If Lexington manages to strike first in this game, that could be enough for a Lexington victory. The defensive ends and outside linebackers will have to step up big for Lexington. If they can contain the South Side running game and force them to run between the tackles, I feel that they will be able to neutralize the speed advantage that South Side has. While the South Side QB has improved since taking over the position, he is not going to beat Lexington with his arm. However, he is more than capable of beating Lexington with his legs.

Somehow, I have a feeling that a big special teams play will loom large in this contest. McNairy got back in the game against South Side with aspects of their special teams play and one of South Side's scores in the game last week was set up by special teams play. The advantage in the kicking game is heavily in favor of Lexington in this contest.

All in all, it should be a great game!