How about the Camden vs. Chester Co. game?

lionsfan37

i was around when my kid played and although he was not a freshman i made a few of the games. the fresh qb that was under center when melvin and bijohn were fresh was the weak link in the chain. if they would have had a qb they would have probably went undefeated. the kid was a total fish out of water. he had no arm and absolutely no running ability. he had the deer in headlights look every time he droped back for a pass. this kid probably had no future in the quarterback position wuith the phenom will jones coming through. but what i do not understand is with all of this athletic ability this kid seems to have why could he not have been a d 1 wide rec . with a experienced qb already in the system i would have wanted my child to just help the team in any way he could.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrsmith,

What you have posted is wrong. If your opinion leads to "sour grapes" from 2 years ago, then so be it. However, you have no right to post my name on a public site over inaccurate events. You have slandered me and this program since you were associated with it. Your son is a great kid and it was an honor to be around him on the field and in the classroom. But what you have said is untrue. If you wish to complain further contact me personally, and i'll try not to act "immature" about it. This is my alma mater, and I will work as hard as I can to build our program. But, you don't make the job any easier by publicly degradeing our athletic programs due to decisions that didn't go your way.

-COACH JEFF CUPPLES

I'm really sorry to learn about these injuries.  Jake is a great kid and I wish him the best with his recovery.

With a bit of sour grapes here, I'll say that Chester County had a very fast and athletic backup to Jake two years ago who was turned off of football by Jeff Cupples.  The freshman QB during the 2002 season went to state in the high jump as a freshman (by the way, the only Chester County athlete to EVER go to Spring Fling) and knowledgeable football coaches will tell you that the greatest single measure of athleticism is vertical jump.  He also ran a very fast 200 meters his freshman year.  However, when Coach Cupples told him during the fall of 2002 that there was no way he would have a chance to beat out Jake in the future, he lost interest in football.  Even though he might never have beaten Jake out (and Jake was certainly a better QB when he was a soph and the backup was a freshman), I couldn't imagine a coach making the sort of statement that would completely discourage a kid by telling him that he would never be good enough to take a starting position away from another player.  I always thought coaches tried to encourage battles for starting positions in order to motivate both players.

This former Eagle moved to Texas after that freshman year and no longer even plays football due to this unbelievable experience with the Chester County coach.  If things had worked out differently, Chester County might have a very fast, quick and athletic QB that could have stepped in when Jake was injured and then led the team next year.

By the way, Mason is also a great kid, very intelligent with a good arm, but the problem with speed and quickness showed up when he was the 8th grade QB.  If he can work on improving his speed and quickness during the offseason, he should be able to have a good year next year since next year's senior class has some good athletes.  Too bad he won't have the fastest kid in the school, Jerrin Wilson (probably misspelled his name), as one of his running backs.  Coach Cupples alienated him also and turned him off to football with the favortism he showed toward another running back/defensive back.  Wilson's speed could have taken a lot of pressure off of a QB and he's a great kid also.

Well, best of luck to the Eagles against Camden and in 2005.  Even though I think Coach Cupples has made several mistakes over his first three years based on immaturity and inexperience (e.g., the quote he gave the newspaper in the fall of 2002 in which he said there were good athletes at Chester County but he just needed to get them to come out for football, thus belittling the talents of those players who were on the team that year), I believe he can build a good program at Chester County.

825400600[/snapback]

And if frogs had wings.....

Thanks LionPride...couldn't find another thread and I thought surely the Lion Faithful have not forgotten about a Region game!...I'm just late as usual...LOL...Go Lions!...I see this as a big game because Chester co will be fighting for its play off life.... But I think Camden will beat them as bad as they want to...Go Big Black! thumb

I think Chester is prepared to play like their Playoff life depends on it! On paper, Camden should roll, but they just won't agree to play them on paper!

:lol:

I think this will be a dawg-fight early. If Chester gets some breaks & has some success early, it could be a very close game. If Camden takes the ball & scores & stops & scores, well, you really couldn't blame the Eagles for putting the JV team in & start workin' on the 2005 Edition of the Eagles...

Either way, I am looking forward to the game Friday night. A great bunch of fans, excellent facilities, and a hard-hitting Region 6AA football game! I hate to see them go up to AAA!

Coach Cupples, keep up the good work & best of luck...(except THIS Friday)!

;)

GO LIONS!

www.camdenlions.com

Edited by kennyc

There's been no talk about this game that I've seen...is it unimportant to both teams??...do Chester co's injuries and struggling season make this a gimme for Camden??...just wondering what everyone's thinking this week

825402803[/snapback]

the lions will be ready , no doubt! but this may be a dangerous game for camden . chester co. plays dirty.... i have seen the game films, if camden gets up big , watch out for some cheap shots by chester co. the camden coaches need to let the refs know at the start that it is a important game for both sides , and to watch for the dirty stuff that may , i did say may, go on . camden should win this hands down . but it is chester co. playoff game win they in , lose and its see you next year in 3a. camden 42-chester 13

How is the Camden vs. Chester Co. game going to go? Does anyone think Chester Co. can pull off an upset? Just curious to what people are thinking.

Go Lions :justwrestle:

825396908[/snapback]

[/quot

e}well this chester co's playoff game right here . camden should win this, but thats the reason they play the game. if camden over looks this team , it could mean a big upset. the lions have all the tools to go all the way this year , all they have to do is focus. it is a shame that chester co has had all these injuries that have dropped a good team to just a hard playing team . good luck in 3a next year , but the last game in 2a will be a loss to the lions 42 - 13 . Go Lions !!!