Maryville Best Team in State!

LoyalRebFan

After Friday night's massacre, I don't see anybody giving Maryville a problem this year on their march to the 'boro. In fact, after we win the 4A title, we might just hang around another week and whip the 5A champions. Dobyns Bennett and Riverdale are no doubt good teams, but they would not hold a candle to this year's Maryville squad.

4A State Championship

Maryville 56

Melrose 3

5A State Championship

Riverdale 24

Dobyns Bennett 21

The 16th week: Overall State Champions :unsure:

Maryville 49

Riverdale 0

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever started this thread... It's not a bad thought, but Riverdale is an extremely talented team... As much as I love Maryville Football, I'm not so sure they would stand toe to toe with Riverdale. Maybe GQ cud pull a rabbit out of his hat but fortunately for us, we dont have to play them! And Tennessee High needs to do some proving before they start talk of state championships... Who have they played this year?? Exactly, no one! no doubt they are a good team, but we'll see how well they do come playoff time. And if maryville does play them, it'll be in the 4th round of the play offs, not the third.

Disclaimer: Nobody pay any attention to this thread. It is the opinion of a few extremely rabid maryville fans and is not supported or endorsed by Maryville fans on the whole, the team, or the city of Maryville in part or in whole

Seriously, Maryville has an excellent team this year but you're only stirring up trouble by this thread. Personally I think maryville could play any team in the state and stay close, but you just can't make such rash statements like that after the game against central. Everybody knows that Maryville has been the best team in their division more consistently than any other team in the state the past few years, and that's enough for me. Besides, Riverdale has been laying smackdowns like the Maryville-Central game all season long.

Oak Ridge totally dominated them in pre-season. What short memory you must have. Before you start I know it was scrimmage game foremat and supposedly your best running back didnt play but those are excuses not reasons. The truth is Oak Ridge dominated with pure talent. We play maryville in middle school and JV and have been beating this class since our Juniors were in 8th grade. We lost 30 seniors last year so that scrimmage was the first time many of them had been on the feild as a varisty player. And this team is 90% juniors. Oak Ridge, DB, Riverdale the Owls and Soddy could all beat Maryville. The funny thing is Maryville being in 4a to begin with. Like I said we totally owned them in pre season and truth be told Maryville only has approx. 100 students less than Oak Ridge. SO take that noboby can beat us stuff somewhere else or wake up from your dreaming or what ever it takes to bring you back to reality.

Don't even talk about Oak Ridge dominating us this pre-season. We lost to you guys by 2 points. About those years before that. What happen in those scrimmages, but thats the past. Theres no way soddy or the owls could hang with Maryville. DB and Riverdale are really good teams. Those games would be interesting but if Maryville played OR right now to there potenial they would crush you guys. I have news for ya too. What do you think are whole defense is? Juniors!!! So don't say you owned us because thats a bunch of bull and it was preseason.