Maryville Best Team in State!

LoyalRebFan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer:  Nobody pay any attention to this thread.  It is the opinion of a few extremely rabid maryville fans and is not supported or endorsed by Maryville fans on the whole, the team, or the city of Maryville in part or in whole

Seriously, Maryville has an excellent team this year but you're only stirring up trouble by this thread.  Personally I think maryville could play any team in the state and stay close, but you just can't make such rash statements like that after the game against central.  Everybody knows that Maryville has been the best team in their division more consistently than any other team in the state the past few years, and that's enough for me.  Besides, Riverdale has been laying smackdowns like the Maryville-Central game all season long.

825397849[/snapback]

These kinds of posts are what keep things on the board interesting. Since we can't play each other, what's the harm? Maryville has a great program, and there may be years when they are the best team in the state. This year, I have to rate the Warriors #1 until someone beats them. DB and OR certainly have a chance to do that, or at least I hope they get that chance.

Disclaimer:  Nobody pay any attention to this thread.  It is the opinion of a few extremely rabid maryville fans and is not supported or endorsed by Maryville fans on the whole, the team, or the city of Maryville in part or in whole

Seriously, Maryville has an excellent team this year but you're only stirring up trouble by this thread.  Personally I think maryville could play any team in the state and stay close, but you just can't make such rash statements like that after the game against central.  Everybody knows that Maryville has been the best team in their division more consistently than any other team in the state the past few years, and that's enough for me.  Besides, Riverdale has been laying smackdowns like the Maryville-Central game all season long.

825397849[/snapback]

I agree with your post 100% I don't understand why some of my fellow Maryville fans would start a post like this. This thread does nothing but gives the Non Maryville fans reasons for bashing Maryville.Maryville is 4A. All I care about is winning the 4A title. I will worry about 5A when Maryville does go to 5A one day.All I am worried about right now is 4A.

After Friday night's massacre, I don't see anybody giving Maryville a problem this year on their march to the 'boro.  In fact, after we win the 4A title, we might just hang around another week and whip the 5A champions.  Dobyns Bennett and Riverdale are no doubt good teams, but they would not hold a candle to this year's Maryville squad. 

4A State Championship

Maryville  56

Melrose    3

5A State Championship

Riverdale  24

Dobyns Bennett  21

The 16th week:  Overall State Champions    :huh:

Maryville  49

Riverdale  0

825397768[/snapback]

Let me give you a clue. Maryville likes playing in 4a and would probably choose to play 3a if they could. If Maryville wants to claim the mantle of best public school in the state then they would volunteer to move up to 5a, but you see, they don't, cause they like where they are.

So if you want to make the claim, urge your program to move up. People who like to talk smack about the upper classifications and not back it up with a move up are usually cowards, all talk and no action, like I believe you are. Go support your team, your 4A team, and be happy to contend for the 4A championship. Leave the other classification out of your posts, or be a man and petition your school, your coach and your administration to move up and be worthy to boast. Right now, for those with a brain, realize your claim is baseless and pitiful, because you know that your team will never have to back it up, and that, my pitiful friend, is as cowardly as it gets.

Maryville could not beat Riverdale in my opinion period.

But, if Maryville would just move up to 5A, then we wouldn't be having this conversation every year. I believe all you would have to do is inform the TSSAA and petition for the chance to do it, and as long as any of the teams didn't object then it would be all set. Then you could warm up on those teams around you like Oak Ridge, and Dobbins Bennett,(That are much better teams than you give them credit for being) to get to play Riverdale and other midstate powers, then we would see who is better, so you see it's all up to Maryville to step up to the plate. None of us can move down, but, you can move up and play!

Well after looking at the TSSAA website it looks like the new Maryville enrollment is now 1316 students, (We, Lincoln Co., only have about 1200 students at the high school but, since the TSSAA counts freshmen that bumps us up to 5A, we don't have freshmen at the high school, they go to another school and have their own programs.) so, you are very close to being 5A anyway, so, go ahead and move up and beat the rush. :huh:

Don't even talk about Oak Ridge dominating us this pre-season.  We lost to you guys by 2 points.  About those years before that.  What happen in those scrimmages, but thats the past.  Theres no way soddy or the owls could hang with Maryville.  DB and Riverdale are really good teams.  Those games would be interesting but if Maryville played OR right now to there potenial they would crush you guys.  I have news for ya too.  What do you think are whole defense is? Juniors!!! So don't say you owned us because thats a bunch of bull and it was preseason.

825397926[/snapback]

I don't guess that you seen OR play a very good Ooltewah team Friday did you?? OR would hand Maryville their behind...and make them like it!! thumb And i'm not even going to go into how bad Riverdale and DB would hammer you all!! For that matter it will surprise me if Maryville even beats Melrose!! :(

I don't guess that you seen OR play a very good Ooltewah team Friday did you?? OR would hand Maryville their behind...and make them like it!! thumb And i'm not even going to go into how bad Riverdale and DB would hammer you all!! For that matter it will surprise me if Maryville even beats Melrose!! :(

825398385[/snapback]

Why do u say that. We have one of the best QB's in the state and two awesome running backs. The best O-Line in the state and a really good defense. So I think we can beat Melrose at Murfreesburo

Too bad I have seen all 3 play and you are wrong brother.  Riverdale would get you and probably DB this year.  PS Knox Central is overrated.

825397798[/snapback]

Bud's right on this one. I respect ya loyalreb and usually agree with you, but Riverdale would chew us AND Central combined up and spit us out.

You need to listen to these boys who know Riverdale well, like bud etc. Bud is a BIG DB fan and can tell ya, Riverdale is for real. You'll get a glimpse of that when we go to the boro this year thumb

and yes bud, Central is waay overrated.

We'd give Oak Ridge a game they don't want. What do you think of Maryville/DB Bud?

Edited by dmoyers1

Why do u say that.  We have one of the best QB's in the state and two awesome running backs.  The best O-Line in the state and a really good defense.  So I think we can beat Melrose at Murfreesburo

825398406[/snapback]

Two words...SPEED KILLS!!! By the way does Melrose still give out those gold cleats?? and what do they have to do to get them??