Maryville Best Team in State!

LoyalRebFan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rebelnation

Actually football alone isn't good enough for this Rebel Team. This is our "official" 2005 schedule:

Manchester United

Boston Red Sox in best of 7 series (all in New York)

European Ryder Cup team

500 lap race with Lil E, Gordon, Kurt Busch & Rusty Wallace at Britsol

Tourney against the Lakers, Heat and Mavericks in LA

Post Season

semi finals against New England Patriots

Finals against 1972 Dolphins/1984 Bears mixed team

We figure to win the final by 4 TD's.....there you go smart butt :o thumb

Actually football alone isn't good enough for this Rebel Team.  This is our "official" 2005 schedule:

Manchester United

Boston Red Sox in best of 7 series (all in New York)

European Ryder Cup team

500 lap race with Lil E, Gordon, Kurt Busch & Rusty Wallace at Britsol

Tourney against the Lakers, Heat and Mavericks in LA

Post Season

semi finals against New England Patriots

Finals against 1972 Dolphins/1984 Bears mixed team

We figure to win the final by 4 TD's.....there you go smart butt  :o  thumb

825401412[/snapback]

I'm sure the Tennessee High Vikings have first dibs on the 500 laps at Bristol!

Maryville, has an oustanding program, Geroge Quarles is a top notch coach and the kids that he gets out of Blount, Knox and surrounding Co. are very interested in playing on a state champion football team each year. But the fact are years end and year out Maryville only has to beat Central, Mo West, Tn High and some years Cleveland. If they moved up and started loseing some games the kids that come from other areas to play at Maryville might go to another school.

Riverdale has the same problem, in Murf. Tn they have built 2 new schools, that have good HS programs, Oakland, always has a good program. But as long as Riverdale keeps winning they get the best players in the area to go to their school.

The TSSAA needs stronger guidelines on kids moving around to play where the best teams are.

Maryville, has an oustanding program, Geroge Quarles is a top notch coach and the kids that he gets out of Blount, Knox and surrounding Co. are very interested in playing on a state champion football team each year. But the fact are years end and year out Maryville only has to beat Central, Mo West, Tn High and some years Cleveland. If they moved up and started loseing some games the kids that come from other areas to play at Maryville might go to another school.

Riverdale has the same problem, in Murf. Tn they have built 2 new schools, that have good HS programs, Oakland, always has a good program. But as long as Riverdale keeps winning they get the best players in the area to go to their school.

The TSSAA needs stronger guidelines on kids moving around to play where the best teams are.

825401473[/snapback]

it's not 1984 move where you want to.

Someone put an end to this thread quick!!!  I am sick of reading about Maryville this and Maryville that.  If they are so good then why aren't they scheduling real teams???  Knoxville Carter has lost 6 games,  Knoxville Halls has lost 5 games, Heritage has won 1 game!,  and so on and so on,  the only team thats any good that they beat was Alcoa

Let's see them play teams like Melrose, White House and Stratford,  lets see what their record looks like then.  Its easy to be undefeated when you play Cupcakes.

825399804[/snapback]

The Maryville Schedule plays region opponents every year (halls, carter) even if they are weak. That accounts for six games. Traditionally, Maryville has played the other 3 blount co. schools (Heritage, WB, and Alcoa). That leaves one open spot (MoWest which has been a really good team in years past). If Maryville moved up to 5A that would open up a couple of games to schedule others, since WB and Heritage are in 5A. But the playoffs is what matters and since 97, Maryville has made it to state 5 out of 7 times, losing to Central in the 3rd round in 99 and MoWest last year in the semi's. No other school in 4A, and maybe only Riverdale in 5A has been that successful, so obviously scheduling is not a big concern for a team that can consistently make it to the championship.

Good post playa!

It's all about the W and MHS brings that one home.

5 pages ago I chided whoever started this thread. I still think it was unnecessary and that it would do no more than bring out the MHS haters. Well, now that the haters are out I have to come back in defense of my team. The Rebels get it done. I'm not saying they are the best in the state. I'm not informed enough to tell you how they make schedules. I don't even know the rules about moving up to 5A or moving addresses to play for the team you want to play for. All I know is that it's a great program filled with wonderful kids who love football and that they play their hearts out every Friday night (and sometimes on Saturdays in the boro) for a great bunch of fans that loves them....and more often than not they walk away victorious. That's all that matters to me.

Maybe because they don't want to travel because they know that they will lose.

Or maybe because Maryville is unstoppable and would annihilate Riverdale. And AMACK, you dont just MOVE up to 5A because you want to, its all based on the capacity of the school, geez! And even if we did what difference would it really make? Riverdale who? I look forward to the day if Maryville ever played Riverdale so we could put an end to who obviously rules TN football.

P.S.- We schrimmaged Oak Ridge in the pre-season and gave them a little taste of what it was like to play the best team in TN. So dont even try to put them on the same level with Maryville.

"P.S.- We schrimmaged Oak Ridge in the pre-season and gave them a little taste of what it was like to play the best team in TN. So dont even try to put them on the same level with Maryville. "

I thought Oak Ridge gave Maryville everything (and maybe a bit more) they wanted in that scrimmage.

Actually Oak Ridge won.

Edited by bud

Or maybe because Maryville is unstoppable and would annihilate Riverdale.  And AMACK, you dont just MOVE up to 5A because you want to, its all based on the capacity of the school, geez!  And even if we did what difference would it really make?  Riverdale who?  I look forward to the day if Maryville ever played Riverdale so we could put an end to who obviously rules TN football.

P.S.-  We schrimmaged Oak Ridge in the pre-season and gave them a little taste of what it was like to play the best team in TN.  So dont even try to put them on the same level with Maryville.

825403272[/snapback]

Baseless claims made by a few confused Maryville fans. I feel sorry for the fans who support a good Maryville program that has to read the boasts of a couple of cowards. Never have to back 'em up. And, yes, you can move up classifications "if you want to". What difference? How 'bout a few losses.