Dobyns-Bennett vs. Ooltewah

DRDB

You are full of doo-doo not whoo whoo

825416066[/snapback]

Lord have mercy, don't go sending him back to the Oak Ridge thread, we didn't do that to you all!  Thats just plain mean, or to be PC, thats cruel and inhumane!  Send him to the Maryville thread or something, but PUHLEASE not the Oak Ridge thread.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL - ROLL WILDCATS ROLL thumb

825416081[/snapback]

Haha, this thread is getting rough! Go Owls! thumb

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owl fans,

Who passes the most in Region 2? How did you do against them? What coverages did you run against them? Are you predimonately a zone or man coverage team? Who most effectively slowed your running game (I realize Farragut doesn't count with all the injuries)? What did they do to slow you all down? How many passes do you all want to throw a game, staying within your practiced offensive scheme?

Thanks

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk,

Soddy-Daisy throws the most of anybody in 2-5A and Ooltewah eneded up winning that game. Ooltewah ran multiple coverages against them, but Soddy ended up throwing for 275 yards. Soddy didn't have a running game that night (only 60 yards). We'll see see on Friday nignt. It's hard to say who slowed down the running game, Ooltewah had it's worst 2 running games the final 2 weeks of the season, but Caldwell was hurt both of those games. Hopefully this is an honest answer to your questions. Grad could also answer your questions, too. I'm not sure how much Ooltewah passes this week, but usually they like to have a balanced attack, and that usually didn't happen this year.

After the last two weeks, I'm not even going to comment on the pass...let's just hope they can this week! As for the run, I don't think DB will contain it enough to keep Ooltewah from scoring...BUT..can Ooltewah contain the DB pass enough to keep them from scoring...that is the question!!

Ooltewah's run was effective in the game against Soddy, and then in the first half against Oak Ridge, Caldwell had 80 yards. When he was handed the ball, the Owls moved the ball consistently...the problem was turnovers..they'd gain 25 yards or so and then cough up the ball..that can't happen in the playoffs!

Edited by GradfromtheNest