Dobyns-Bennett vs. Ooltewah

DRDB

Oh I believe Ooltewah probably has plenty to be proud of as far as trophies are concerned. And I am glad everyone agrees that all this other nonsense talk means NADA! Lets just try and keep it somewhat rational from here on out.

Did you not answer about Williams because you don't know? I just never thought anyone gave a solid answer on your FB. Maybe nobody is sure at this point.

By the way, look up on the balcony of the new Alumni Field House and look for me on Friday! the view is awesome and it will be the first time they have let fans up there. An extra reason for me to make the trip to KTown. Are you going to the game Grad?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is right! You have got to be kidding? With Caldwell and Williams back, the owls have a good of a chance as anyone. The only tough team DB has faced is Oak Ridge and I think that Ooltewah plays their hearts out and are able to squeeze a victory!

Ooltewah- 19

DB- 17

825414352[/snapback]

OK so the only team DB has faced is Oak Ridge(who is one of the top teams in the state)so what they won......and another thing i dont know what you have been smokin but 2 players arent gonna make them suddenly change....oh yea by the way didnt the Owl get beat by Oak Ridge anyways????

-Roll Tribe

Oh I believe Ooltewah probably has plenty to be proud of as far as trophies are concerned.  And I am glad everyone agrees that all this other nonsense talk means NADA!  Lets just try and keep it somewhat rational from here on out.

Did you not answer about Williams because you don't know?  I just never thought anyone gave a solid answer on your FB.  Maybe nobody is sure at this point. 

By the way, look up on the balcony of the new Alumni Field House and look for me on Friday! the view is awesome and it will be the first time they have let fans up there.  An extra reason for me to make the trip to KTown.  Are you going to the game Grad?

825414710[/snapback]

Williams is a senior and knowing him, my money says he's in the game playing 100%! Even if he's not 100% he'll step it up!

I'll be at the game. Let me know where to look for you and maybe I'll see you.

You definately just showed your ignorance!  He was talking about you!

825414642[/snapback]

Duh! NO JOKE! GradfromtheNest, your not one of the Trash talkers. Your proud of your program and that's the way it should be. Just having fun :lol: but you do have a group that hop's on threads that have nothing to do about Owl football and talk trash. If you have never been to DB enjoy the ride. It's a great place for HS Football. Good Luck but Tribe going to pluck the Owls.

DB football has not choked, simply got beaten by better teams. Lost to Oakland in the semis, Oakland won the championship, Red Bank 2000 semifinals, DB gave the nationally ranked Lions (with Gerald Riggs) all they wanted at Red Bank in the pouring rain, it was Red Banks closest game, Red Bank went on to crush Riverdale the next game (championship game) on Riverdale's turf.  In fact go through our playoff history and you will see that when DB loses it is to a team that makes some noise, usually the eventual state champ.  The only year you might could argue that we choked was against Willian Blount in the first round a few years ago.  Here is a little known fact about that game, The Govs had an all around Star athlete (Reese or something like that) He had been hurt for about half of William Blounts games, guess what?  The Govs lost every game that they played without the kid.  Well he made his return against DB and basically was the most dominant player on the field that I had seen in 10 years.  Then the Govs go on to play Ooltewah after they upset DB.  Guess who did not play for William Blount?  Thats right, their star was injured in the last part of the DB/William Blount game and Ooltewah should be happy they never had to see the kid.  I think it was Reese McMahon or omething like that.  Anyways the Govs never lost a game when he played and he was incredible.  That was the one game that I felt DB let slip through their fingers.

825414546[/snapback]

Don't forget they lost to the mighty Karns Beavers and the wildcats of Oak Ridge.Central Bobcat

I reckin' it's time to through the nice fan stuff out the window. Owl fans, if you brought the Boobcat with you, take him back on your long ride home. This is the longest Road Trip in TSSAA 1st Round Playoffs. I am glad the Indians are doing the waiting and not the one's riding the horses.

The Ooltewah Owls score 7 pts last week in a must win game. They completed more passes to the opposition in the last 3 weeks than they did to there own team...

DB has more weapons than the US Army. We can hit big play after big play with big play players after big play players. #1 will take it easy this week, maybe it is a good thing that Lamon sets this one out. The Chopper's D is more than enough to stop a 1 dimensional offense.

#1 - 38

Boobcats favorite team - 07

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825413808[/snapback]

Hey Art Vanderbilt get ready for B'Ball cause it is going to be a long Winter for you without football,unless you want to travel and watch the Owls,Bobcats or Wildcats continue to play in the playoffs. Central Bobcat

I have seen both DB and Ooltewah this year when they played at Oak Ridge...here is the scoop....

DB has the edge in offense, speed...the Owls are very tough to run on inside, and will get after you on defense...if Williams does not play that could allow the Owls to pressure Ferguson more...the Owl offense is run oriented, but does not throw well, and the Owls have some good special teams work, they will block an extra point or field goal on you....the DB defense will give up some size up front, so look for the Owls to take it right at them, try to control the ball...if DB scores early and quick, its over as the Owls do not appear to be a comeback team....

DB 35 Ooltewah 10

PS: Coach Gatewood and Coach Clark are both extremely nice guys and good football coaches...but the Indians will move on to face a tough Soddy Daisy team, who are more able to match up with DB...

listen up, and listen up closely :angry:

i have seen both of these stellar teams play, and once again its coming down to 4 key components to get the win

1st we need a strong kicking game - advantage DB because of Matt "through the endzone" Mcmillan

2nd we need goo defensive pressure - again, advantage DB because of Cullen "the stubby kid" Conerly, and Alex "big arms" King

3rdly it will come down to recieving - another advantage DB because of David "skearles" Earles

and 4th and foremost a good line - once again advantage DB because of Casey "pancake" Salyer

soo, being the football "guru" that i am said to be, i am going to have to take Dobyns Bennett over the Owls

listen up, and listen up closely  :angry:

i have seen both of these stellar teams play, and once again its coming down to 4 key components to get the win

1st we need a strong kicking game  - advantage DB because of Matt "through the endzone" Mcmillan

2nd we need goo defensive pressure - again, advantage DB because of Cullen "the stubby kid" Conerly, and Alex "big arms" King

3rdly it will come down to recieving - another advantage DB because of David "skearles" Earles

and 4th and foremost a good line - once again advantage DB because of Casey "pancake" Salyer

soo, being the football "guru" that i am said to be, i am going to have to take Dobyns Bennett over the Owls

825415416[/snapback]

Overall, advantage DB.

Defense, advantage Ooltewah.