Toughest gym to play in

balla44

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarkrange fans are always out in full force and walking into any gym with 7 gold balls in the trophy case and enough all-state playeres jerseys retired to fill 4 or 5 closets makes it even more intimidating. The old Celina coal pit was also an interesting place to visit and hitting the wall was out of bounds in Gordonsville back in the day. I agree with all teh comments.

The old Gleason gym was pretty tough. I remember when Ashley Mc played there they didn't lose a home junior high or high school game in 7 years. Bradford had an 18 point lead one night starting the fourth quarter and lost on a last second Mcelhiney shot.

825413195[/snapback]

I believe the Lady Bulldogs only lost 18 games or so (if I'm not mistaken) while playing at home during Randy Frazier's tenure - 19 years. That's a pretty darn good home court advantage.

Of course, Randy begins year #20 in the new facility in a few weeks.

Edited by sportsradiotn

• 2 weeks later...

2 or 3 people has already posted this and I'd have to agree that our gym in Summertown is prolly a pretty tough gym to play in for an opposing team.. growing up there though, I love the gym and the atmosphere and playing on the court... I've heard alot of people say in the past that during big games when the gym is packed it feels like the crowd is right on you and you feel boxed in because of how close the walls are to the court... plus if you've been to big Summertown games you know our student section as well as everyone else can get pretty loud and rowdy.

I think that Columbia Academy's "THE PIT'' is a tough gym to play in. Just like Summertown, you feel boxed in. And when its packed, you feel like the fans are right on you. Plus the sidelines are right up against the walls. There's hardly any room to throw the ball in. When you do throw the ball in, you have to turn sideways. :rolleyes:

Edited by BUCK65

The old gym in Celina and the clarkrange gym give people fits.They are both small and hot and stuffy.Both hold alot of tradition and alot of history. Ive been to both many times and it was usually the home team that got the best of the other.Both are/were great places to put alot of fear in opponets eyes,and mess with you even more because of all the long, curvy roads traveled to get there.

SG

• 2 weeks later...
I've been to Celina games and it is a tough place to play. RBS is a hard place to play in too. Never been to a Clarkrange game.

825434309[/snapback]

You should go Old School Baller.... you have never seen anything like a Clarkrange home game especially when they play Clay Co. or another huge rival team. Those two have got to be one of the best rivals in the state.

Edited by chsbball