DB INDIANS VS SODDY DAISY

ArtVandalay

Hey Smoke.... It is time you left the Sandy City and drove 7hrs to watch DB play this year. Tailgate before the game. Leave Friday morning and you make it with ease!! You don't want to miss this game. Both teams will be in shotgun and letting it fly! I gotta think, the team that does have the better ground game results will win this one. May be the best game in the State this Friday Night.

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i mean i think this game is goin to be a very good hard fought game but i think db comes out and wins by 14.....35-21 i think that havin lamon back is a big boost to our offense and if we play like we did against them hooters then it will be hard to win but i dont think we will be that sloppy again on offense and our Defense will be dominating as usual im glad they are a passing team cause then us Dbacks can get some action

Roll Tribe

Being a former Soddy Daisy Trojans i am going to have to go with my team. I think that it is going to be hard for soddy to beat db at yalls stadium. To answer and earlier question Soddy Daisy is about 15 minutes from downtown Chattanooga! I think this will be a fun game to watch with both teams airing the ball out. I also agree that whoever controls the ground game will win this one! The big question will be if Soddy's secondary can control Lamon Williams and the rest of your receviers. I haven't had a chance to see yall play but you don't get a number 1 ranking if you aren't a good team!!!! Soddy will also have to great receivers that DB will have to deal with. Like i said it should be one heck of a game and i am looking forward to watching the game up there. I have heard great things about the atmosphere at yall's stadium.

Trojans........38

Tribe...........35

I think this one will be a toss up.......Good Luck Trojans and Tribe!!!!! thumb

this should be a great game...i think it will be a high scoring game with all the passing thats going to be goin on. Gary Orr finished the regular season with about 2100 yards through the air.. his two main recievers,rickets and atchley, had 40 and 38 catches respectively..the the defense for Soddy hasnt allowed more than 26 points all year(and that was to a great Oak Ridge team) so again i say... this will be a "slobberknocker"!!!

GO TROJANS

One more thing, Duran Duran was HUGE, and he had a good arm on him (by the way, does he play baseball?  IF not, why?), but he definately folded under pressure.  3 of the 4 INT's came when he was rushed to make a throw when the Ooltewah linebackers blitzed.  And he just made a bad throw on the run.  Another thing, does DB not have a kicker?

825420048[/snapback]

Yes....DB does have a kicker. It is kind of a standard for football teams to have kickers in this modern era! HAHA seriously, they do have a pretty good kicker but I heard coach clark state after the game that due to the fact that Ooltewah had blocked so many punts and field goals he decided to take chances with the O and let the defense hold if need.

G. Riggs Jr played LB all night against DB that year in the semis and played it well... great ball game in a driving rain storm....water standing all over the field.  That is Coach Weathers only win over Coach Clark.  DB had won the prior two meetings. 

Be an interesting game Friday night. 

Coach Weathers is a great coach, but this is his first year in the Soddy program.  Regardless, I'll take my chances with Coach Clark and his staff against anybody, anytime.

825422093[/snapback]

I wish Riggs would play that way for TN. I was there that night and thought he was one of the greatest players I have ever seen.

I guess the "retired" reference may be to the fact that he drew retirement income from Tennessee while he was coaching in Georgia. 

825422053[/snapback]

Yes, an obvious reason why he retired. He snags money from tennessee retirement supplement, and then grabs the teaching/coaching pay from georgia. Though he was coaching the little rascals in georgia, he was making twice as much. It isn't uncommon to see teachers and coaches retire, then flock to georgia for more pay.