Rebels/Panthers II

Rebel Nation

Okay, back to football talk....

Enough has been said of the matchup tonight. So let's talk about the things that cannot be controlled...like the weather. It's going to be wet and cool tonight. A cold, wet field played some role in helping end the MHS monopoly on the golden ball last year.

Think the conditions will have any impact on the game tonight?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big fan of Comedy Central huh? :lol:

The rain is supposed to stop before 7pm, but there are slight chances for more throughout the nite. The big difference is that we'll run the ball more. That will slow the scring down some. Powell really doesn't have a running game, so it certainly deosn't play into their favor at all.

Special teams might be key tonite. Rain can wreak havoc with your kicking game.

It really depends on when the rain stops Papa. If it tapers off by 4 or 5, the conditions will be much different than right now.

this game is going to be classified as abuse because we are going to make powell our (bad word). they are terrible.  ill have plenty of applications for carson newman with me at the game

825428635[/snapback]

I'll guarantee you one thing, the game will be close. The loser will be within 10 points of the winner.

Okay, prediction time (not that I think anyone's been holding their breath):

Last time these two met, MHS won 42-10.

Several factors will influence the outcome of this game:

Sloppy field conditions should lower the scoring.

Having met before should equip each team to be better prepared for the other.

Subsequent weeks of playoff games will reduce the playing time of starters should the spread grow beyond 14 points.

So, I say

MHS - 35

Powell - 17

I'll guarantee you one thing, the game will be close.  The loser will be within 10 points of the winner.

825428684[/snapback]

what are you smoking?!?!?! we will definately win by more than 10 points, that might be the worst prediction ive seen on here other than the morons who think powell will win. if we dont win by more than 10 points i will be extremely surprised. this game shouldnt even be close, we will dominate them just like we dominated them the first time. have a safe sad ride home kittens, maybe next year...but probably not

what are you smoking?!?!?! we will definately win by more than 10 points, that might be the worst prediction ive seen on here other than the morons who think powell will win.  if we dont win by more than 10 points i will be extremely surprised.  this game shouldnt even be close, we will dominate them just like we dominated them the first time.  have a safe sad ride home kittens, maybe next year...but probably not

825428810[/snapback]

There will be wet conditions which will go in Powell's favor. Maryville will have to run the ball more and powell's run D is defintely better than their pass D.

The higher you lift them, the harder they'll fall.

I agree with RebelRaider. There is no way this game should be close. Maryville's defense is one of the best I have ever seen, and their offense isn't godawful itself. this one could get ugly. In fact, I see a repeat of 2000 with Maryville and Alcoa in the Boro. Good luck rebels. I'm gonna say 28-7 Maryville because the subs will give up a score late.

papa

35-17 is what I think the score will be.

The rain will hurt Maryville some tonight because Powell is much bigger and Maryville is quicker. Rain always hurts the quicker team.

I just hope that Maryville can slow down Cody Watts and Lee Smith. They hurt Maryville in the 1st game. I hope Cade will be on fire like he was in the 1st game between Powell and Maryville.

I agree with RebelRaider.  There is no way this game should be close.  Maryville's defense is one of the best I have ever seen, and their offense isn't godawful itself. this one could get ugly. In fact, I see a repeat of 2000 with Maryville and Alcoa in the Boro.  Good luck rebels.  I'm gonna say 28-7 Maryville because the subs will give up a score late.

825428824[/snapback]

Thanks goob5804. Good luck to the Tornados.

Maryville doesn't play well on a wet field. Halls earlier in the year and M.W. in the play-offs last year. will this be enough for the Panthers to pull off a major upset. Who knows? Anyway with all of that money coming in from tuition students I am sure they can afford a tarp to cover the field. Even poor ole Knox Central was able to cover their field a couple of years ago when there was alot of rain. ;):D:(