Mt.Pleasant vs. CPA

mphstigerfan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. Pleasant uses the home field quite to its advantage.  Expect music to be blaring from the PA system and the fans to be rowdy.  Mt. Pleasant has a lot of athleticism, but it lacks CPA's experience.  If CPA doesn't turn the ball over, then CPA is a winner.  I'm not convinced that Mt. Pleasant can contain a really good passing attack.  Also, it hurts the Tigers a bit to have played somewhat inferior competition all year.  I feel like CPA's schedule has been much more difficult.

Robjim -- I'm somewhat familiar with CPA, but I don't know that much about DCA.  I'm planning on watching them play this week.  What types of things can I expect to see on offense?  I hear they have a lot of athletes.

Thanks

825422004[/snapback]

I'm no robjim but i can try to answer your questions as best I can. Offensively DCA is pretty balanced, although i would say with senior RB Chris Wooden they are more dominant on the ground. Wooden is one of the best backs in 1A and has the size to run through defenders when they're actually there. The back up runnin back Fields is also a threat, but these 2 must attribute much of their success to one thing. Their offensive and defensive line is one of the best I've seen in 1A, led by Mark Thompson (not sure if he plays defense). DCA's QB Fenwick is pretty tall and fairly skinny; an accurate lefty with the ability to run for long yardage when he gets in the open. IMO Austin Garrett is probably their best receiver, and just the fact that his brother is on the Real World makes him that much better (just a joke people). I look to see DCA score at least 28, and if Wayne Co. can beat them after that (which wont happen) then they aren't as good as people think they are. Should be a fun game to watch. Hope i answered some questions for you.

Mt Pleasant better be prepared for the cheap shot artist #10. Ive seen him play 4 games and he manages to take more cheap shots than any high school team I've seen play. I think some of the Huntland kids managed to get him back with legal blocks. Hitting people in the back after the play is not playing hard, its playing dirty. GO TIGERS

Well first of all, let me get this off of my chest. MP has it's share of dirty players and has played against them the past 3 years. It's nothing new in region 6A. If lil ole #4 wants to play dirty then he'll get his GUARANTEED! MP hits you between the wistle and hurts you just as bad as CPA. Those boys sent a message through FRA about being physical between the wistle WITHOUT the help of the refs. It wasn't very many plays that a boy from FRA wasn't getting up slow. Jamarcus Webster and #5 ate #3's lunch all night. If MP shuts down the pass then they will win hands down. I don't think CPA can run on MP, and I don't think CPA can stop #4, #3, #32, or #5. Should be a great game. GO TIGERS!