Memorable Games

THSVikings2004

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OT win over Riverdale occured in 1996, Jeff County lost to Brentwood academy in the 5A championship game 28-7.  Can't remembber who Jeff County's QB was that season.

825438551[/snapback]

I was on the sidelines as an underclassman that night...the most memorable game I have ever been a part of (being on the sidelines at MTSU in the state championship also ranks up there, though it wasn't exactly too exciting). The Jeff Co QB was Charlie Gilbert, the best QB Jeff Co has had in the past decade in my opinion--and top 3 in the history of the school, behind Taylor Quarles and Tim Sorrells.

2003 State semi's Huntingdon 34 Milan 29. A classic.

Ended Milans big year and Huntingdon go the Gold Ball..........Yeah

825430646[/snapback]

If I died tomorrow ( and I hope I don't) it was the most exciting, hard hitting football game i've ever witnessed. When I left the stadium I felt like i'd played four quarters. I wish I had a tape of that game, and i'm a bruceton native.

• 1 month later...

A more recent game would be the 2004 season week 10 game between Mt. Juliet and Clarksville NE. MJ won 6-0. It seemed as if God was on our side. NE had a punt return for a sure TD when all of a sudden the ball popped out and MJ recovered in the 4th. Also to seal it NE was driving when 388lbs. Michael Jasper tipped and then picked off a screen pass to basically seal the win for MJ.

Edited by mjballa10

i've seen some great games over the years (many of them trousdale county games) but the best by far has to be the macon county/smith county game a couple years ago.  macon had the best team they have had in decades and smith was thier equal. 

the hype and expectations that surrounded that game not only involved the teams but the whole countys!  there wasn't a person in either place that didn't know about the game.  macon has a history of futility on the football field the last 10-20 years but both teams were exceptionally talented and put on a display of defensive intensity that ended with a unbelievable 50+ yard field goal.  you could hear the roar all over town................if you werent' there, i'm sorry :rolleyes:

825690253[/snapback]

It was freaking awesome wasn't it? I think you could have heard a pin drop when you were waiting to see if the field goal was good or not. I still pull out the dvd from time to time to watch it still. I totally agree if you were not there "I'm sorry".

A 1997 game between Father Ryan and MBA.... i believe it was the first time they met... where Father Ryan won on a missed MBA extra point... 21-20 I think... I was a young one then, but I can remember how crazy Vandy stadium was that nite

And last year... the lowly Father Ryan team goes to Memphis to take on Christian Brothers on their Homecomming.... Ryan was down late in the 4th by 2 scores...but somehow fights back and kicks a field goal as the time ran out... to win by 1..

What a great game.  Our offense had struggled the entire game, and when Portland went ahead I was very worried.  Thankfully things went our way and we were able to pull out the win!

However, that game has to be my second most memorable.  The first was Smith Co. at Macon Co. in last season's playoffs.  The buildup for the game all week was crazy.  Very similar to this week as Fulton comes to town  :D  ... Anyway, even though it was a loss for us, the game was still great as Macon wins behind two unbelievable kicks in the final minutes.  A 75 yard (I think) punt, followed by a 50 yard FG on the next possession to give Macon the 10-9 win.  I'll never forget the atmosphere, the game, or Macon taking down the goalposts. :D

825450205[/snapback]

I agree. It has to be one of the greatest games of all time. I know it is in Macon County history. The crowd was great that night with people lined up 3 and 4 deep in the road surrounding the stadium because everyone could not get in. Great game by 2 very good football teams.

November 12 round 2 SC vs. Portland. Best game I have ever watched. SC led the whole game. Portland scored with 2 minutes to go in the game. Converted to fourth and longs to score and keep the drive alive. SC then got the ball back ran two or three plays. SC's qb threw a jumpball to #2 and him and #10 of portland went up and got it and made the catch in the end zone with 1 minute to go in the game. Put SC up 12-7. Portland go the ball back drove down the field and threw a pass near the 5 yard line going in and SC's corner made a game saving tackle.

THE END!!

825438095[/snapback]

I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

I must say the Ooltewah/Soddy game in 1994. Soddy was a heavy favorite in the game. It was Ooltewah's homecoming game and they lost two starters before the game. Ooltewah was led by Lammoth O'Neal. He rushed for around 250 yards against a defense that was said to be one of the best in Chattanooga. Ooltewah won the game in overtime. That win helped Ooltewah have one of it's first winning seasons in 10 years at that time. The stadium was rock'in that night. It was like the Ooltewah games now.

2003 quarterfinals Smith Co. vs. Macon Co. was a great game. There was so many people crammed in that stadium, they were standing in the endzones plus two rows deep outside the fence. Smith Co. led 9-7 with seconds remaining and Macon Co. kicked a 50 yard field goal with a couple ticks left. I think they converted on a 4th and 8 a couple plays before that on a sweep. That kicker had nerves of steel. I still can't believe he hit it to this day.

What is your most memorable game ever in high school football? Mine would have to be Tennessee vs. Elizabethton in 1997. If I remember correctly, it was snowing and both teams were putting on great performances. Tennessee High ended up winning 15-13. I believe that was also the year Elizabethton made it to the semifinals to face Maryville.

825427025[/snapback]

Yep, Elizabethton and the Witten Boys that year and Maryville spanked them but lost in the State Game that year.