JCS@USJ

ctshizzle

I am neutral on this game. The first one was a classic. It seems as thought JCS has the one factor that is needed this time of year.....hunger. I know USJ has hunger too, but I feel as though JCS is ready.

I don't know what to do about Friday night football this Friday night. I go to diferent games this week. This week I want to see this rematch, but I would also like to see the Huntingdon Camden rematch. Milan will have a good game, but too far to drive.

All I can say is.......

I love this time of year. Good luck to both teams. If I come, I'm looking for a good-un.

Will this be replayed on television? That might help me decide what to do.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa man, JCS might as well have played the West Tennessee School for the Blind and Deaf. They have played crap teams all year and don't stand a chance to a 1A team who has been running over 4A teams all year. The road has been hard, the journey tough, the blood sweat and tears have stained the field but USJ seems to prevail every week. It is a guarantee that they will continue to do so. There is no doubt USJ comes out on top, not only this week but you will see them on the 50 yard line at Murfreesboro on the 3rd of December holding a gigantic trophy and laughing in the faces of the Eagles. My prediction 21-7.

whoa man, JCS might as well have played the West Tennessee School for the Blind and Deaf.  They have played crap teams all year and don't stand a chance to a 1A team who has been running over 4A teams all year.  The road has been hard, the journey tough, the blood sweat and tears have stained the field but USJ seems to prevail every week.  It is a guarantee that they will continue to do so.  There is no doubt USJ comes out on top, not only this week but you will see them on the 50 yard line at Murfreesboro on the 3rd of December holding a gigantic trophy and laughing in the faces of the Eagles.  My prediction 21-7.

825433208[/snapback]

Whoa now, don't forget that according to the stats on this website JCS's strength of schedule is 5th compared to USJ's 47th. Remember, USJ had the easy route in the playoffs playing teams below .500, while JCS beat a very good Bruceton team and an even better West Carroll team that only had one loss (to JCS, of course). Yes, USJ did beat Northside (4A) and Southside (3A), but JCS whooped the former in the Jamboree (21-7) and the latter in a pre-season scrimmage (49-7), if you remember that far back. USJ got beat in almost every aspect of the game the last time they played JCS and they know it; those who don't are in denial.

This game will be much like the first: intense and close. Look for another huge crowd now that several area schools are out of the playoff race.

And by the way, even if USJ gets past JCS this time they won't get past DCA or Mt. Pleasant. That's a fact, and you can hold me accountable for saying that too.

Whoa now, don't forget that according to the stats on this website JCS's strength of schedule is 5th compared to USJ's 47th.  Remember, USJ had the easy route in the playoffs playing teams below .500, while JCS beat a very good Bruceton team and an even better West Carroll team that only had one loss (to JCS, of course).  Yes, USJ did beat Northside (4A) and Southside (3A), but JCS whooped the former in the Jamboree (21-7) and the latter in a pre-season scrimmage (49-7), if you remember that far back.  USJ got beat in almost every aspect of the game the last time they played JCS and they know it; those who don't are in denial.

This game will be much like the first: intense and close.  Look for another huge crowd now that several area schools are out of the playoff race.

And by the way, even if USJ gets past JCS this time they won't get past DCA or Mt. Pleasant. That's a fact, and you can hold me accountable for saying that too.

825433413[/snapback]

I'm rooting for JCS. 7-0

great try on the come back...but the Jamboree doesn't mean crap, no scrimmage means anything. Say what you will but USJ has the W like it or not. They are 12-0 and preparing to beat a 10-2 JCS. The only reason they have played fairly better teams in the play offs in the first place is because they got BEAT in regular season. Not to mention if you stop and think about it USJ beat Bruceton who isn't good, and USJ didn't have the luxury of embarassing West Carroll. The denial lies in the minds of people who think JCS won. All you had to do is look at the scoreboard to see who came out on top, no matter how bad it pisses you off. JCS would be a joke playing USJ's schedule. So destiny is inevitable and you will see soon enough. have a great day.

It seemed to me that last time USJ played very conservative, almost like they were just trying not to show JCS too much; counting on meeting them again in the 3rd round. In my opinion, if USJ opens up their offense like they did last week; JCS will not hold them to only 100 yards total offense again. Likewise, don't expect JCS to squander multiple scoring opportunities again. Should be a great game.

great try on the come back...but the Jamboree doesn't mean crap, no scrimmage means anything. Say what you will but USJ has the W like it or not.  They are 12-0 and preparing to beat a 10-2 JCS.  The only reason they have played fairly better teams in the play offs in the first place is because they got BEAT in regular season.  Not to mention if you stop and think about it USJ beat Bruceton who isn't good, and USJ didn't have the luxury of embarassing West Carroll.  The denial lies in the minds of people who think JCS won.  All you had to do is look at the scoreboard to see who came out on top, no matter how bad it pisses you off.  JCS would be a joke playing USJ's schedule.  So destiny is inevitable and you will see soon enough. have a great day.

825433865[/snapback]

Try playing DCA and West Carroll and see who has a perfect season. USJ could not take DCA; they are just too big, too fast, and too good.

Easy on the language there, fella. Bruceton is better than you think, and just because a team has a record below .500 (think Riverside for instance) doesn't mean they are devoid of skill or capability. Bruceton put up a good fight against JCS in the first round, but they collapsed in the fourth quarter and blew it. Don't be so cocky because USJ won by six points in the last meeting, because it just might come back to haunt you if USJ loses this time. Never say never! After all USJ could go home at 12-1, and even if they win, THEY WILL NOT BEAT THE WINNER OF THE DCA/MT. PLEASANT GAME!!

Hmmm, as far as JCS playing USJ's schedule, I think they would fare much better than you think. You can say that scrimmages don't mean a thing, but they give you a good idea of what to expect. I don't think JCS would destroy a team like Southside in a regular season match, but they haven't played each other outside of scrimmages. Look for JCS to play more area teams at higher levels in the future, like USJ has for several years, because they are getting better and better every year.

I think buschman had a good point when he mentioned that both teams were very coservative in the last matchup, even though JCS should have gone for a field goal. JCS wasn't cheated out of a win, but their players deserved it.

By the way, good luck to USJ in 2A; it will be challenging playing powerhouses like Milan and Huntington. One thing I do know, even though they are very good teams, they can be beaten by a team of USJ's caliber.

I have a question....I didnt get to see the last meeting between JCS/USJ, but I was at the 99 game that went into OT.....was this years game better than the 99 OT game?.....and to the HUGE OVER CONFIDENT USJ FAN......at least JCS wasnt the first team to loose to Trinity in Jackson, and it was in the play offs too....sorry i know that was last year, but i had to throw that in there...and schedule wise....they play most of the same teams...they are in the same conference...and the teams USJ played this year are having down years...and JCS led off with the number 1 team in 1A in DCA this season

I find it funny for those that are saying "if USJ wins there is no way that they will beat DCA or Mt. Pleasant." So what does that mean if JCS wins...they will beat DCA or Mt. Pleasant? And nice cheap shot on the Trinity game. Don't really know why that was said. When the other Jackson 1A schools have played in 3 state football championships, let me know. But no matter what it will be a good game Friday night, hopefully as good as the '98 quarterfinal game between JCS and USJ, my senior season. Go Bruins.

Well I never would have brought up the .500 teams in the first place if it wasn't your argument. Just because you feel inferior every time doesn't mean you can jump ship. I am also sorry for using the word "######" did not know it offended anyone, but let's stick to the task at hand. JCS has a great team the only problem is they are just simply not good enough. USJ deserved to win the last match-up which is the exact reason that they won. Anyone who gets in the red zone four times and doesn't score just doesn't want it bad enough. They got stopped on the six inch line on more than one occasion and that just won't cut it playing the Unbeatable Bruins. Let DCA or Mt. Pleasant take care of themselves. The matter lies here in Jackson where two schools hate each other and it is about respect. Respect is not given, respect is earned and it will be earned this Friday night. USJ can play with anyone in this state but that is not the matter at hand. Position to position USJ is stronger. Heart to Heart USJ will come out on top.

P.S. It's not cocky when your that good.