Rockwood @ Alcoa

RHSfootball1

I played Rockwood five times in my high school career and they beat us a whopping one time. That just happened to be against one of the worst alcoa teams in years in my junior year. But i know the past doesn't matter that much but the present does. Look back through the season and see how many teams have come within even 20 points of alcoa. You will only find one and that is prolly the best team in the state and the only team to beat alcoa this year. It is ridiculous to think you even have a chance. but hey, it is football and you never know what is gonna happen Any Given Friday.

Alcoa-35

Rockwood- 14

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you folks that say Rockwood hasn't played anyone like Alcoa has, let me remind you that were in the same district so we have 5 common opponents. We have played 3 out of region teams that made the play-offs, Alcoa has played 2. Our out of region opponents record was 26-24, Alcoa's was 23-27. Heritage, South Doyle and William Blount combined for a 4-26 record. Records are out the window Friday night. It will be different from week 6. It will be a battle!!!!!!!! Go tigers!!!!

We believe!!!!!!!

One team----one heartbeat

Yea but none of your non-region games happened to be against the best team in 4A.

Alcoa will when this game with speed and good night passing from Joei. Alcoa's receivers and Dustin Lindsey will be making the defense look silly all night by burning the secondary, and running over and beating Rockwood defenders to the outside.

Alcoa- 41

Rockwood- 13

LIVE from Sao Paulo Brazil, 2nd largest city in the world I think.  I say....ah heck 14-10 Rockwood, thats right the Rockwood fan 5000 miles away from home picked it.  Actually prob not gonna happen, but hey i gotta chear for my team even when i am on the side of the world where the toliets go the other way.  BTW that toilet thing is overrated, only gave me 2 mins of fun.  O well, i had a change to send some EMAILS and get on the Internet while here at an internet cafe, so i figured id check on my team, not bad in the Quater finals and 11-1, im inpressed Rockwood, and even if you don't win this weekend, then hey cheer up you had a heck of a season.  I might be able to check what happened next Wednesday...but not sure so you can say hi but i prob won't read it.  Anyway, yall enjoy it up WAY WAY north.  O guess what i can taunt you guys..ahhahaha I can speak Portuguese you guys can't...unless you can...then we are tied.  Well I still got a lot more to learn, but its coming.  Anyway enjoy the final part of Football season...here its Futebal all year round, and its so freakin HOT.  100 degree Christmas this year....woohoo.  I might not be on for my final 22months here..but o well.  Chao guys..e Eu gosto de Futeball Americano.

825436820[/snapback]

Good to see smothing from you. Glad your doing well.

Go Tigers

Sorry, people, but the Camden Lions will win it all.  Just thought I'd let you know.

825437484[/snapback]

You're smokin!! Camden wouldn't beat Rockwood, Alcoa, or David Lipscomb!! Sorry but it's the facts...i feel sorry for the Camden D to have to tackle Dustin Lindsey!!! thumb

Edited by wouldntyoulike2know

You people on here talk a lot of trash. Alcoa and Rockwood both have good teams but Alcoa has an all-around O with Lindsey and Love to run the ball and Lanxter, Green, Bell, Warren, Sommers to cath the ball. Rockwood as Pendergrass and Harvest. If Rockwood's running game gets shut down it is game over for them no matter who the opponent is. I think we (the Tornadoes) will come ready because we want another shot at DL for the defeat they put on us in the 2003 season OR Goodpasture for the final second punt block that led to a game winning TD against the Alcoa team it 2001. I think we are ready. Go Alcoa!!

But i know the past doesn't matter that much but the present does. 

Exactly! This is what you people do not understand. You all keep bringing up " Oh Rockwood doesnt play any good teams except Alcoa and they got blasted by them and Rockwood dont play teams like Maryville." How long ago was Alcoa vs. Maryville? Week 2 or 3? But yet just because Maryville is a 4A team, they are being brought up for every excuse. Everybody on this thread knows the people that do have class and the ones the dont have class. I'm not mentioning any names, but most of the are on Alcoa's side, making Alcoa look like stuck-up team and get way ahead of theirselves. I'm not calling Alcoa that by-far, I'm just saying most of the Alcoa fans on this thread make the team look that way. Heard some talk, very possible that the coaches are letting Moffitt play Friday. So that is very good news for Rockwood. Tigers, do good in practice for the rest of the week and be well-rested for Friday and prove these Tornadoes wrong! Go Tigers!!

it was like all the rockwood fans disappeared after they talked SOOOO much about how they were going to kill alcoa last time. Then magically they came back for this thread and not surprisingly, they're saying the same thing they said last time. If alcoa wins again that means rockwood fans will not be posting on this board again until August 2005 (go alcoa for that reason alone).