Best Band in the State?

PartyMan22

ok dont get me wrong here. DB has a good band, and it might be the best band at marching and performing halftime-shows. but DB's band does not get their team that pumped up. They do not play enough. They also need to play more updated music, but if u want to know of some bands that get the crowd and players pumped up, go to west tn.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok lets seperate the two............

(1) Best halftime show musically.........who sounds the best.....

(2) Who has the most STYLE and PIZAZZ........Tennessee State and Florida A&M style BABY!!!!YESSS!!!!!!!!

825436849[/snapback]

1. Maryville has a great band. I love their shows. The best band is Dobyns Bennett. Other great bands are Clinton and Oak Ridge.

2. When it comes to hip hop bands you have to go with Melrose. Austin East is good also. I remember the 1st time I saw AE play at Maryville in 1983. They were playing Freakazoid. I remember the drum major break dancing. That was awesome.

like someone said theres two different kinds of bands.... Grambling and Florida Atlantic "type" bands and then classic marching bands....

Siegel High School and basically Oakland before siegel opened have had the best band for the past 10 years. Siegel has lost one competition, 2nd to Houston, in the history of the school, (two years 8 contests ha) and that was because of a scoring error that was found after the event... (or at least thats what the bands kids say) and shaggyJ the only thing blackmans band is is annoying...their music is terrible all they do is dress up like hippies and play 70's music that and have a hidious sounding girl yell in a microphone lol .....give me Olivia Newton John before disco.

umm... What bout our Mid-State Bands ... Overton has a pretty good actual band, and Pearl-Cohn def. has the best show band or w/e u wanna call it. Last year at WH our band was embarassed by Pearl-Cohn getting a standin ovation. Now we are trying to compete and we are doing some final fantasy crap at halftime... FINAL FANTASY?????