Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

now that dun up and made me angry....whats up with that coacht .... why u hatin on my posts.... alright we got problems now......

825448619[/snapback]

PD, that was my bad, I was trying to hit delete on a bad post and hit delete instead on your's. Then when I realizied I hadn't deleted the bad one, I did it again. Duh! Accept my apology, your posts were fine. But once they are gone, they are gone. Sorry again.

robjim

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shew, you guys had me worried.  If he plays it'll be smooth sailin.  What % do you think he'll be by Friday?  And for that matter, what % will Byner be?

825448848[/snapback]

AB says he's good to go. Says he feels no pain and is completely ready.

I asked Tallent straight up about his percentage and his reply was "I can run on it now. I get to practice Wednesday and hopefully it'll be good by Friday."

Even better...somebody censored on of mine, but it's cool.

Moving on, The safety question from before....I don't believe that we have created or have been stopped for any safeties this year. I don't see y'all backing us up into the endzone and getting 2....also, I don't see safeties being a very good indicator of what kind of punting we have because, for some reason we end up punting from around the 30 or 40 everytime....it's coincidental and nothing more.

Bro- now remember, you're talkin to two kids who really really want on the field. Don't mistake their "willingness" to play for "gospel fact".

Edited by dmoyers1

THS fans -

I was away from my computer for the better part of yesterday and have spent a great deal of time getting caught up from page 23 to where we now stand today. I agree with what someone said earlier about a lot of this chatter on here being useless and repetitive. Sure it has served to entertain some, but it has offended others. Either way, it's done now and I wouldn't have it any other way because it just is what it is.

I do want to say though, on behalf of all the MHS fans (and I'm quite certain that I do not have their universal approval to do so), say that NO ONE here thinks your team is "worthless." Honestly, that is a just a word that a lot of folks at Maryville high school use these days. In much the same way that the word "gay" is used to describe many things other than homosexuality (i.e. "I don't like playing basketball...that's gay."), the word "worthless" is used to connote any number of disparaging things.

(Now I am speaking on my own behalf again)

The truth of the matter is, however, that while we might not deem you worthless we certainly suspect that you are probably not as good as we are. The same is true for Central. Clearly they are not "worthless" or "terrible" as they came within a couple of plays of beating us. But are they as good as us? No. Have they been as good as us over the past few years? No. But have they been our toughest competition? Yes. And does that count for anything to the MHS fans? Yes. Absolutely. We'll get disgusted and call them names, but at the end of the day we know they're the closest thing to us that we've seen in awhile and we're mostly just irritated at how ignorant it is to infer or plainly state dominance in the face of repetitive failure. But we respect Central. We probably mostly believe that they are the toughest team we'll see in the East this year. Sorry.

But I say all that to say that to say that we're not all jerks. We don't think your team is terrible...at all. Many of us just think (based on prior experience and limited knowledge of your program) that you'll learn a great deal about playing at the next level Friday night and that we'll move on.

Listen You don't need to know who THS has they haven't been tested all year look at their schedule!!!! Their conference is one of the worst in the state. Maryville slaughters the Vikes in this one, it thumb thumb was a fun ride seniors but you all will be exposed in this one. If Maryville leaves their starters for more than 2 quarters i'll be surprised. Maryville wins 55-7

I'm don't "doubt" the boys' desire to play. I do doubt that Tallent will see much time, unless it becomes necessary. Kinda like what we saw last week with AB. He came in late to give a boost AND more importantly, to throw the defense.

I think the two at 70% are better than most. Tallent is a Chris McCord with better east/west skills. AB can do it all. Most people discount his ability to run over folks too...I've seen it, he is capable. I know you agree....

When did THS adjust in the playoffs?  THS didn't adjust well against Mo. West and barely won.  THS had trouble adjusting against Sullivan East--they were losing when they were fortunate enought to recover a dropped punt.  There was no need to adjust to a subpar Elizabethton team that layed down early.  If Tennessee comes out and gets way up early, they have a good chance to win.  If it is close at the half, watch out THS.  Remember that the wing-t is not a good offense for coming back.  You have to get the lead early and then chew the clock.

825448113[/snapback]

They completely dominated Sullivan East bud. They won 54-0. They adjusted their offense before they needed to against SULLIVAN SOUTH..in fact, they weren't in the wing t until the second half. They came back and scored two touchdowns in the 4th Quarter.

I can tell you weren't at the THS vs. Eliz. game. The cyclones didn't lay down early. 15 of their 18 points were scored in the second half.

THS is also capable of passing, so don't think they will be in the wing t the whole time.

I agree that the wing-t is outdated and one dimensional.  But you can win a 4A state title with it.  For example, Hillsboro last year.  But Hillsboro was absolutely loaded for three straight years--they probably could have run most any offense and still had success.  In 2001 they were 14-1, in 2002 they were 14-1, & in 2003 they were 15-0.  Two sate runner-ups and one state title--their only two losses in 45 games were both to Maryville.  If Tennessee is as loaded as Hillsboro was, they have a shot to go 15-0.  Anybody think they are that loaded?

825448186[/snapback]

yeah, hillsboro won the state championship last year with the wing-t and they even had their best back out of the game. and the other two years that they lost was to Maryville, and guess what, they ran the wing-t. Maryville is dominant against the wing-t as that fact proves.

papa,

i think THS is worthless, dont speak for everyone now

vikefanatic you must know vikingnation, both of you seem to think everyone is homosexual when you are really trying to cover up your own personal problems.  its ok man there are self help groups

825449293[/snapback]

It’s a funny thing that when someone brings up something about homos you’re the first to answer! :lol: