Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

I meant to say Sullivan South rather than East--my bad.  You say they came back and scored two TDs in the 4th quarter because of great adjustments.  Was that comeback due to adjustments? I heard there was a fumbled punt by South that led to an easy THS score?  And then South quit.

825449353[/snapback]

They came out in the Wing T in the second half, at first it wasn't successful but it was still getting more yardage than their shotgun formation.

It was fourth down, Nathan Miller was set to punt. The score was 17-16, two touchdowns early in the third quarter by South. Nathan punted it and the Sullivan South favorite, Arnold, was back at the 12 yard line to return it and he muffed it and it escaped his hands again and Tennessee recovered the ball at the three yard line.

Then, Marcus handed it off to Carleton Bell and he ran in for the score. THS went for two and the recievers were covered so Nidiffer ran it in for himself to get the two.

On Sullivan South's next possession they pass but due to pressure from Zack Morton, Brandon Cole throws it away and they get a intentional grounding penalty. Then, they execute a run good for three or four yards then go with the pass again but it gets picked off by Ryan Hite, I believe, at about midfield.

THS has a running play good for a few yards then they give it to Major Canty and he breaks two tackles and runs forty three yards for the touchdown. Extra point kick makes it 31-17.

THS kicks it off and on Sullivan South's final possession they throw another pick and then with about 1:30 to go in the fourth quarter I was hoping they would run or pass an easy twenty more yards for another touchdown but they take a knee three times and it's over.

Sullivan South didn't have time to quit. I have a feeling if THS was beating them by fifty points they still wouldn't quit. Remember, Sullivan East was beating South late in the 3rd Quarter by the score of 31-7 and South almost came back with the final score of 31-28.

Edited by THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and talked to the coaches about him.  He played very little in the 2nd half because he had no stamina.  That is partly why he threw all those ints.

825449542[/snapback]

He threw 3 in the first game vs. West! Give it up, man!

P.S. Did Rouse have the flu too?!

He threw 3 in the first game vs. West!  Give it up, man!

P.S.  Did Rouse have the flu too?!

825449574[/snapback]

That was last year man, plus he had the worst game of his high school career. You know how many INTs he has had this year?? DO YOU?? The same as in that ONE game + 1. Now that aint better so you better look out for FLASH. Cause you never know where he's goin baby.

Thats all and thats it.

That was last year man, plus he had the worst game of his high school career.  You know how many INTs he has had this year?? DO YOU?? The same as in that ONE game + 1.  Now that aint better so you better look out for FLASH.  Cause you never know where he's goin baby.

Thats all and thats it.

825449577[/snapback]

Worst game? I was referring to 2 games he played as a junior in which he threw 7 ints. vs. Morristown West. You're right, it was last year, but I do know where he's going, baby: the post, slant, the post-corner, or to one of the backs out of the backfield. It's not smoke and mirrors, and it's not complicated.

I'm curious if these are pretty accurate stats about this year's Maryville team so far.

TEAM STATISTICS MARYVILLE OPPONENTS

First Downs: 186 104

Punts - Number: 17 62

Punts - Avg. Yards: 253.0 303.0

Fumbles - Number: 25 18

Fumbles - Lost: 16 15

Total Tackles: - -

Penalities - Number: 41 46

Penalities - Yards: 314 295

Time of Possession: - -

3rd Down - Attempts: - -

3rd Down - Conversions: - -

Rushing - Attempts: 343 261

Rushing - Yards: 2427 904

Rushing - Long: - -

Receiving - Catches: 110 70

Receiving - Yards: 1758 833

Receiving - Long: - -

Passing - Completions: 109 71

Passing - Attempts: 194 166

Passing - Int: 3 14

Passing - Yards: 1750 835

Passing - Long: - -

Passing - Pass TDs: 23 3

Worst game?  I was referring to 2 games he played as a junior in which he threw 7 ints.  vs. Morristown West.  You're right, it was last year, but I do know where he's going, baby: the post, slant, the post-corner, or to one of the backs out of the backfield.  It's not smoke and mirrors, and it's not complicated.

825449599[/snapback]

My bad I thought you were attacking my boy, if you were we would have problems.

My bad I thought you were attacking my boy, if you were we would have problems.

825449615[/snapback]

I'll say whatever I want about your boy, but I won't talk ignorant smack: he's obviously got talent. I think TN high will lose this game, they don't know what it is to be in this situation.