Boyd Buchanan vs Coalfield

reaction

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching this Boyd team all season long for the first time I have been won over by the BUCS and coach Akins.....This team could compete and be successful in any classification in Tennessee..1A,2A,3A,4A,5A dII.....Coach Akins and his crew now how to adjust ,to make the necessary changes to beat teams in the second half..and the kids believe in him and his staff......Good luck to the rest of the Bucs opponents cause they are gonna need it!!!

GO BUCS

825443227[/snapback]

If boyd is so good and they can compete and be successful in any classification.Than tell me why did they get beat by Baylor (5-5) 25-28 and almost get beat by East Ridge (5-6) 34-29. And the only teams they have beat bad is South Pittsburg (3-7) and Copper Basin (3-8) Howard (4-7)?

Edited by CMS25

I wouldn't call Boyds lose to Baylor a 5-5 team a bad lose. They play in the super 7 with MUS, Mcallie, MBA too name a few. All great football teams. They also beat good Walker Valley, FCS, Watertown, Whitwell, and GP teams. Most of those teams are 3A, 4A, or a good 2A teams. Name that many good teams that Coalfield has beaten. None thats what i thought. Greenback, Midway those two teams couldn't stay on the field with any of those teams except maybe Whitwell. Mark my word you won't be able to stay on the field with Boyd.

Boyd 49

Coalfield 7

P.S. you guys made a nice run, be proud but the Bucs are a better team. Thats not a personal opinion its just a proven fact.

GO BUCS

well keep them healthy and we will see what ya got how about that...  thumb

825444404[/snapback]

Keep worrying about DCA boys. You've already beaten Coalfield on paper.

We have had a nice run. My last word on the subject and it is gonna be hard considering the over confident, arrogant statements comming from this bunch. Kinda like listening to Wartburg and how good they are.

Have a good game. Expect a crowd from the podunk little town in the Emory River Valley.

Edited by CYJacket

I wouldn't call Boyds lose to Baylor a 5-5 team a bad lose. They play in the super 7 with MUS, Mcallie, MBA too name a few. All great football teams. They also beat good Walker Valley, FCS, Watertown, Whitwell, and GP teams. Most of those teams are 3A, 4A, or a good 2A teams. Name that many good teams that Coalfield has beaten. None thats what i thought. Greenback, Midway those two teams couldn't stay on the field with any of those teams  except maybe Whitwell. Mark my word you won't be able to stay on the field with Boyd.

Boyd 49

Coalfield 7

P.S. you guys made a nice run, be proud but the Bucs are a better team. Thats not a personal opinion its just a proven fact.

GO BUCS

825444400[/snapback]

What i was saying is he said they can compete and be successful with (ANY) classification 1A,2A,3A,4A,5A. So you all are saying they could stay on the field with teams like Oak Ridge. Fulton..Thats funny. I would be proud being a private school and maybe beating Coalfield. But you know i believe if Coalfield has a good game and don't turn the ball over then i say Coalfield by 7....And by the way i've not heard any Coalfield fan say they could beat any team or any classification.

Edited by CMS25

In no way am I trying to be arrogant...I am just telling you the facts on Boyd....not trying to take away from Coalfield in any way! This Boyd team is something special to see. Drew Akins, Mr.Football finalist Matt Peardon,Matt Henley,Robert Coleman,Tripp Wingo,Daniel Atchley,Weston Perry,The Whole Offensive and Defensive lines,Special Teams....They all execute very well, and a lot of times at halftime they are telling the coaches some of the adjustments they need to make...It's gonna be a good game.I am sure of that and hats off to Coalfield for making it this far..Can't wait till Friday night in the swamp!! And yes it really is a swamp!!

I know one thing is for certain, Boyd will get to try their hand at the Class AA level next year. It has just been a few years ago when the Bucs were the whipping boys of East Tennessee, but Coach Akins has done a tremendous job at building that program into one of the top in the state. Boyd players, fans and coaches don't need to worry about who to watch for on Coalfield's team or even what they do offensively or defensively, heck you are better at every single position. The coaches are far superior, the fans are way more intelligent. Heck even the newspaper coverage is second to none for Boyd University (after all the Coalfield boys get crappy coverage in their local podunk newspaper—had to throw that in there). Gosh, your field is even called the Swamp. I might need to get the word out to the Coalfield community to not make the trip down to the choo Choo City and watch their boys take the beating of their lives. B)

But I have a feeling that the Coalfield team will overcome the insurmountable odds and get on the bus Friday and step onto the Swamp and play the game. Football is a funny game, the ball makes some funny bounces sometimes, and sometimes the heavy favorites (Boyd U in this case) tend to take things for granted, and upsets do happen. I give Boyd their due, they are a great football team and should be the big-time favorites (I called my guy in Vegas and he said the line opened at 38 1/2), but the players and coaches for each team will decide the outcome on the field. Best of luck to the Jackets, the only remaining public school in the Class A playoffs, as they try and make some more history Friday night.

I think Coalfield thrives in that underdog role. I know Boyd is a great team, but anybody can beat anybody on a given night. Keep calling for a blowout, because that is just what Midway and Greenback thought the last two weeks.

825442787[/snapback]

Thats actually exactly what was said last year about CAK vs Boyd except CAK had to get through Cloudland too. Point being, no one compares to Boyd in the east. Its truly a sad reality but lets just say that i expect the Boyd OLine to be telling the Coalfield DLine where the ball is going in the second half. Boyd by 30