Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words for the Owls of Smith Co.: track meet. That's what it is gonna be. They are fast. No doubt about that but if you don't give up the big play you'll have a chance. In 01 when TC beat Portland and played AE in the semis the score was 7-7 at halftime. They only gave up one bomb for a TD but in the second half they gave up huge plays and it ended up 33-7. AE wins state. In 02 TC did not give up a big play. Fulton scored 6 pts in regulation. The problem that year was that we only scored 6 too. Their team speed bottled up T.T. Ya'll thought he was fast and he is. Heck he ran a 4.4 but they had about 7 guys on their defense that ran about 4.5s and balanced it out. Defense is what gave us a chance to win. In 03 MC didn't play defense. They were big and slow and the speed ate them alive. TC had pretty good team speed in 02 and although Fulton was probably a little faster it didn't make that big of a deal b/c we did not give up the big play. MC did. Don't give up the big play and you will have a chance to win. However their team defensive speed helps them not to give up the big play so it will be hard to win.

The big play is the only thing that concerns me about this game. I don't feel like Fulton can cram the ball down the Owls throat. Nobody has been able to yet. They better hope they can make the big plays or they will be in a dog fight in the HOLE. I wonder who else beat them besides AE. You say they were held to 6 pts. twice must have played a bad game or something,

Im from East Tennersee, an usely pull fur East Tennersee teams when they git this far in the playofs, but Im pullin fur the boys from Carthrage.  I lived in Smith Cownty when I wuz a wurkin at Hartsville Nuklear Plant ages ago, an fell in luv with the place.  So go hooters. thumb

825446721[/snapback]

:D That's great... I love that :D

I've said it before and I will say it again, Defense wins championships. With SC's D it will be tough to do anything. Their D is the toughest I have seen in a long time. I am a MC fan and I know that our D was good last year, but SC D this year is as good if not better than ours was. Trust me I have seen SC play a bunch this year and they always come ready to play, their coach does a good job. Good luck Owls and show them that speed isn't everything!!!! I hope you go all the way to the Boro and take it home. I have faith in you guys!! SC 14 Fulton 13...... Also I wish that everyone would stop calling SC small and slow because they are not. Quit putting them down so much, look how far they have made it.. GO OWLS thumb

Edited by madcow123456789