Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

I'm not being sarcastic or anything...but please remind me who Reggie Cobb is...I know I've heard that name...but I just can't remember...ya know I'm getting old...

825447985[/snapback]

Queenie- you really need to get out more, esp. on Saturdays. Reggie Cobb was a Tailback for the Vols in the late 80s. He was a part of the vaunted "Cobb-Webb" backfield. He played at Knox Central and also played in the NFL for the TBay Bucs and the GBay Packers.

Edited by msmoker21

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is nothing more than just words on a message board...no substance!!!

825447941[/snapback]

I thought all of this was words on a message board :D .... Looking at how many points the teams you've played have given up, not just to you, but everybody, you haven't seen a defense like SC's. If you even try to compare this team w/MC last year, you're crazy. I'm not saying they are way better or anything, but they are not a typical run, run, run team like you're used to seeing come out of this area. They'll throw on you, run on you, whatever seems to be working for them. The big thing that's different from MC 03 is they have a handful of players who can change the face of the game, where as MC had 1 or 2. When they got shut down, MC laid down. That won't happen this time.

Off the subject, Watch out for the THP on your way down. Went to K-ville a few weeks back and they were everywhere!!! Nothing dampers a good road trip like having to go home and pay a ticket :o .

Queenie- you really need to get out more, esp. on Saturdays.  Reggie Cobb was a Tailback for the Vols in the late 80s.  He was a part of the vaunted "Cobb-Webb" backfield.  He played at Knox Central and also played in the NFL for the TBay Bucs and the GBay Packers.

825448003[/snapback]

But you see...I've never been a Tennessee fan...nor cared about the Bucs or Packers...

GO BROWNS!!!...

I knew I had heard his name...just couldn't put it together...got it now...

For a battle of the birds... My turkey-weekend prediction will be 27-14 Falcons.

There is no way that Fulton will score 27 on SC. They've only given up 96 points in the previous 13 games. That's only about one TD per game! I'm not sure you Falcons have ever faced a defense like the one you will see Friday.

:D

I thought all of this was words on a message board :D .... Looking at how many points the teams you've played have given up, not just to you, but everybody, you haven't seen a defense like SC's. If you even try to compare this team w/MC last year, you're crazy. I'm not saying they are way better or anything, but they are not a typical run, run, run team like you're used to seeing come out of this area. They'll throw on you, run on you, whatever seems to be working for them. The big thing that's different from MC 03 is they have a handful of players who can change the face of the game, where as MC had 1 or 2. When they got shut down, MC laid down. That won't happen this time.

Off the subject, Watch out for the THP on your way down. Went to K-ville a few weeks back and they were everywhere!!! Nothing dampers a good road trip like having to go home and pay a ticket :o .

825448005[/snapback]

Maybe I'll be able to say this without somebody feeling like they have to jump all over me for it. In all fairness....AE has one fo the best defenses in the state, definitely probably the best in 3a. Period. And you don't know how much it burns me to say that. But it's truth. The Falcons seemed to do alright with that the other night. There is not a defense that is tougher than AE this year....again being as fair as possible....there probably are a couple teams that may be pretty close. I think in the past few weeks the Falcon D has made a distinct name for themselves. They're playing outstanding! I don't doubt for a second that the owls have a good defense. But to say we haven't seen a defense like that is not accurate at all. Your taking the numbers WAY too seriously.

GO FALCONS!!!!

33cuz- I think you know what I mean...people will get on the board and say about anything...some of it is nonsense and really doesnt relate to the game. Comparing a High School team to an NFL team is nothing more than throwing "words on a message board." In other words, the statement didnt really relate to the argument about the matchup.

Maybe I'll be able to say this without somebody feeling like they have to  jump all over me for it. In all fairness....AE has one fo the best defenses in the state, definitely probably the best in 3a. Period. And you don't know how much it burns me to say that. But it's truth. The Falcons seemed to do alright with that the other night. There is not a defense that is tougher than AE this year....again being as fair as possible....there probably are a couple teams that may be pretty close. I think in the past few weeks the Falcon D has made a distinct name for themselves. They're playing outstanding! I don't doubt for a second that the owls have a good defense. But to say we haven't seen a defense like that is not accurate at all. Your taking the numbers WAY too seriously.

GO FALCONS!!!!

825448017[/snapback]

Not gonna jump you man, but I don't take anything seriously, much less WAY too seriously, just like to get on here and chat a little. Not being smart, but explain to me how AE's D is so good if they gave up 20 or more points 4 times?

HEY YA'LL...know what????????...Fulton is gonna be soooooooooooooooo tired...from already playing the best...Yiiiiiiippppppppiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee....Glad the OWLS only had to play these weak teams in our Region....cause our small...slow....skeered...boys...will be refreshed!!!!!!!!....

GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!

825448021[/snapback]

Apparently I was wrong.....looks like ya'll SMith, Macon, Trousdale...whatever you are....people don't know how to speak to people in a civil way..........ever! Not to mention some of the rudest I've ever met. All I can say is we'll see...leave it at that.

See ya at the game Falcons!!!! Have a good, healthty week of practice and a safe trip to Smith County! We're behind ya all the way!!!

See ya on the 50 KWalker......get those vocal chords ready......hope you and the fam have a good Thanksgiving!!!

As ALWAYS.......GO FALCONS!!!!

Edited by PiGeOnS4LiFe

I don't think that most Knoxville area teams are known for their defense especially. The teams up there put up way too many points for defenses to be really all that good. Fulton is however one of the most sound defenses in the area. Thats why I believe they are where they are and have been lately. Defense wins big games and championships.

I don't doubt for a second that the owls have a good defense. But to say we haven't seen a defense like that is not accurate at all. Your taking the numbers WAY too seriously.

GO FALCONS!!!!

825448017[/snapback]

I'm not taking the numbers seriously at all. They are just a fact about what the SC defense has done this year. I've seen this defense and IMO, (and everybody has one), I don't think the Falcons will be able to move the ball as easily as their "speed" thinks they will. It will be determined Friday night on the field whether I'm right or wrong.

:D