Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

Honestly the '85 AE team doesn't mean a thing. I do remember Leroy Thompson. He now coaches one the little Falcon rec league teams.

I did a few comparisons myself & saw that although the Falcon defense may have given up more points than Smith Co. did - it really means NOTHING unless we played the same teams. The Falcons also put more points on the board this year, but you still can't compare that unless we played the same teams.

Bottom line. . . . . ya'll think you're more than capable of winning this game & you should & the Falcon faithful feel we can win, as we should. We'll just have to wait & see Friday.

GO FALCONS!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What it boils down to is who wants it the most? Fulton has strengths and Smith Co. has their strengths. The 4th round of the playoffs is about one thing......... HEART. Who will lay it all on the line to get to the pinnacle of high school football? Just to compare region 4 and region 2. Fulton beat a real good football team in Austin-East. Come on not one but two Mr. Football finalists in Albert Harris and Anthony McCalister. That says a lot in itself. Smith Co. is no sleeper they beat a very tough Livingston Academy team. Yes Fulton has the experience and the ring but they have to work and prepare hard for this game just like any other team. Now I live in Middle Tenn. and I have seen Fulton play three times in the last two years against Trousdale Co., Ridgeway, and Covington and you have to give them and their coaches props for being able to make it back with a different group of kids every time. Now does anyone really believe that if Smith Co. would have beat Macon Co. last year that they would have beat Fulton. I don't. Two names Demarcus Stevens and Justin Long.

I love it when the other team feels so confident. They think "we have seen fast teams before", there is a difference between speed and quickness. You are going to find this hard to believe, but you really havent seen a team as quick and fast as us, PERIOD. There is one guy that does not have blazing speed but will flat run you over. That is Tyronne Cobb, and you guys do not have one person that wants to go head up with him. Trust me, you are smart to get out of his way. Just ask any east knoxville team. The way our players run on the field, they just make the other team look like they are running in slow motion. If you guys are slow, you dont stand a prayer in this game. Consider it a victory if you just stay in the ball game

825446257[/snapback]

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. Cocky brag a little why don't ya. This Cobb boy you keep refering to never heard of him heard of his bro. I think if he was Jim Thrope we would have known it by now. These two teams remind me of 2 pro teams Atlanta Falcons- Vick hot he'll kill you ..cold just another player. NE Pats no super stars just gets the job done. SC just like NE no stars just gets the job done. COME ON DOWN FALCONS THE PATS ARE WAITING ON YA.

What it boils down to is who wants it the most? Fulton has strengths and Smith Co. has their strengths. The 4th round of the playoffs is about one thing......... HEART. Who will lay it all on the line to get to the pinnacle of high school football? Just to compare region 4 and region 2. Fulton beat a real good football team in Austin-East. Come on not one but two Mr. Football finalists in Albert Harris and Anthony McCalister. That says a lot in itself. Smith Co. is no sleeper they beat a very tough Livingston Academy team. Yes Fulton has the experience and the ring but they have to work and prepare hard for this game just like any other team. Now I live in Middle Tenn. and I have seen Fulton play three times in the last two years against Trousdale Co., Ridgeway, and Covington and you have to give them and their coaches props for being able to make it back with a different group of kids every time. Now does anyone really believe that if Smith Co. would have beat Macon Co. last year that they would have beat Fulton. I don't. Two names Demarcus Stevens and Justin Long.

825447529[/snapback]

Very true. But the Falcons this year are not the same as last year. Conversely the Smith County bunch is better than Macon County was last year. Who wins? I don't know but it will be a good game.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Defense wins championships. With SC's D it will be tough to do anything. Their D is the toughest I have seen in a long time. I am a MC fan and I know that our D was good last year, but SC D this year is as good if not better than ours was. Trust me I have seen SC play a bunch this year and they always come ready to play, their coach does a good job. Good luck Owls and show them that speed isn't everything!!!! I hope you go all the way to the Boro and take it home. I have faith in you guys!!  SC 14 Fulton 13......  Also I wish that everyone would stop calling SC small and slow because they are not. Quit putting them down so much, look how far they have made it.. GO OWLS    thumb

825447127[/snapback]

What???? Their own fans are calling the team small and slow. It is their little strategy!

Edited by tsmoke

All this talking between us means nothing. Fulton can sit at their computers and type all the stuff about they want to. We can also do the same and sit here and bad mouth each other all the way up to Thursday night. The thing is this Fulton you are the CHAMPS of 3A and have been to this game for the third year now and like someone said earlier with three different teams. You have the experience:advantage Fulton. SC has a good defense and most of you people say very good, I would to but we have not yet faced a team with this type of speed. Our defense is good though. We have a very good chance at beating you people. As do you too. The thing is we are not going to roll over die for you, you are going to have to step on the field friday night and be ready to play ball. Cause I will bet anything that we will be ready. the key for us is to not be intimadated by you people and by your speed. We cannot be thinking in the back of our head oh my goodness the guys are fast. Or we are already beat before the coin toss. If we can play our game and not give up the big play, you Fulton people will see that we are not that bad and that we can play with. If we can make you keep lining up and snapping the ball we will be in the game. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully the BIG OWLS will pull it out!!! Go Owls!!

P.S. Please believe that you are going to come in here and roll right over us.

i never knew we were goin to roll right over you. i havent said we would but maybe our fans have. the only thing ive really said is were fast. as ive said previously im on the team and look forward to playing in your hole and im not doubting you. we lost to lenoir city earlier in the year and i think we learned our lesson on not overlooking teams. i look forward to friday night and will give all i have to beat you. win lose or draw if i give it 110% thats all that matters and thats really how most of us players feel.

k walker i did get those emails thanks.

((((((((((Someone tell my wife to release me for just two and a half hours to come to this game..c-sections cannot hurt that bad.......I will bring the baby if the QueenBee will find him a nice little corner in that stand to keep him warm. All he does is sleep anyway!!! HELP A DIE-HARD FOOTBALL FAN OUT!!!!!!!!)))))))))))))))

825447214[/snapback]

Congratulations on your new baby...and well...most Smith Countians try to keep their small ones away from me...they think I might be a bad influence...sheeeeeeesh...I don't see what the problem is...none of my "proteges" have ever been in jail...(that their mama's know about anyway!!!)...So surrrrrrrrrrrrre....I'll find a nice warm corner for your wee one...but know that what I whisper in his little ear will come back to haunt you YEARS from now...just ask that red-haired basketball coach we have...his little one HATES basketball!!!!!!...good girl!!!...