Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

Falcon's Dont Give A HOOT About All the HYPE

Photoman - GREAT Post!!  Keep them coming...very entertaining!!

RockingChair - Same type of analogy (Pats vs. Stl in the Superbowl) that Macon County fans used last year.  Do I need to tell you what happened to Macon in '03.  When you compare your highschool team to the Patriots (an NFL team), it is nothing more than just words on a message board...no substance!!!  Besides, the Patriots were the NFL champions...Did we mention that Fulton won the State Championship last year.  How's that for your comparison?!?! 

To LA fan that stated "Falcons better be glad Livingston didnt beat Smith Co, because they would give us a beating."  Step slowly away from the Crack Pipe.  Dont worry, you will get yours in '05.

Here are the facts, not the inconsistent rhetoric that is being spewed by much the Smith Co. faithful:

-  The fans can get on here and talk smack until the cows come back home to Carthage and it dont mean a thing...the players and coaches are ultimately going to decide this battle and the Falcon's most definitely are not overlooking anyone.  We are too experienced in the Playoffs to make that mistake.  Also, although this team is relatively young, they still know how to win in the playoffs and what it takes to win the BIG game!

-  People have asked "what makes Knoxville teams so special."  This is the biggest no brainer of all...the last 3 years the team that won the East Tn side of the bracket has went on to the title game.  Anyway, this has nothing to do with Knoxville teams and everything to do with the fact that in recent year the Falcons have been a very SPECIAL program!!!  Our boys have brought it strong for 3 straight years!!

-  Over here in KTown, we too can play a little "Johnny Ball" and can also knock you in the mouth...but, at the same time, we can run around or we can run by you, as well.  The key for the Owls is going to be, not only to contain the speed, but also their ability to control the line of scrimmage.  A tough task, but if accomplished, the can stay in the game.  But then again, dont let us get to the outside or stretch it deep...then it could be a long night for the Owls.  Containing the Big Plays will also be a big factor.

-  Finally, one can not overlook the fact that Smith Co has given up 4.3 points per game in the playoffs.  Now matter what the teams or talent level being played, esp. in the playoffs, that is remarkable.  This game will be closer than people think and should prove to be a great matchup. 

But dont forget, until someone proves that they can take us down, the Falcons are still the Champs!!!

825447941[/snapback]

i love the way a guy thats name is m SMOKER is tellin someone else to step away from the crack pipe...youll get your come friday night....if u even play... thumb

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I was wrong.....looks like ya'll SMith, Macon, Trousdale...whatever you are....people don't know how to speak to people in a civil way..........ever! Not to mention some of the rudest I've ever met. All I can say is we'll see...leave it at that.

825448028[/snapback]

OK, I had no intention of getting back in on this post, but this comment gave me a good laugh. Do you want to talk about the hospitality issue or football? I go to a high school football game somewhere just about every Friday night. Have for the last 10 years. ONLY ONCE has my car been broken into. That would have been the welcoming committee when Trousdale made their last trip to Knoxville I suppose that handled that??? Amazingly enough I can't recall such a warm reception at any other game. Then there was this team that came to Trousdale County and actually started a fire in the bleachers one year. My mind must be slipping because it surely was not one of those CIVIL Knoxville teams. Shall we continue???? We can still go into that odd smell that surrounds, no CONSUMES, the visitor side bleachers...and eventually the field....during those home games in East TN. Not a recreational activity expert, but that was not the grill Birdman.....better stick with arguing football, you guys have a better chance on that issue. :huh:

Good luck Owls!!

I hope you guys know you just started something now. The little comment about you guys play as a team and we just have individuals. I dont know about the players but I know from experience last year that would burn me up. You guys are just asking for it now. All this trash talking, we dont have to result in that. We are not talking trash when we say that our boys will win. We are just merely stating facts. I never even heard of Smith County before and I already dont like you guys. Matter of fact, from experience with Macon County and Trousdale players, and now fans of Smith County, you guys really are really like another breed. I think our fans know what I am talking about. I mean Macon County trashed our guest locker room after the game last year. Well dont worry, after we just crush you guys, we will leave the locker room in one piece. Guys, fulton players, I hope you know that they are saying we are just a couple of players, take it personal boys and dont let up. Get 'em fulton

825448281[/snapback]

Maybe you should refer to the above post also. You guys are going to be entering a battle of 'character' unarmed.

Why is it that all I ever read is everyone poking shots at each schools fans. I want to read about football. Come on guys lets keep it calm on here. We don't need a South Carolina/Clemson game going on friday night.

P.S. - Please don't refer to Smith, Macon, and Trousdale all as one community. We don't refer to Fulton, AE, and Anderson County as one community. You need to go back to school and take geography classes or something. Thanks

Edited by glover

WOW!!! Looks like I got some people's attention!!! Must have hit a nerve with some!!!

KWalker - Thanks for the backing on the Cobb accusation. If they would stop and read the previous posts they would realize that someone actually asked about Reggie, so I obliged with the info. And I never heard one Fulton fan say that Tyrone was going to be a factor because he is Reggie's brother...Besides, his strength is on Defense!

This bunch should be working for the papers, with all the mis-quotes! Now on to the victims!!!

Maxout- Never smoked anything...except for a few of your's and other 4A fans on these boards. I'm Actually a former Alumni/Player for the Falcons and also a Proud fan. First initial M, last name Smoker. Like Jeff Smoker Backup QB for the Rams...good lead-in to the next victim...

Rocking Chair- The post read, "Similar to the analogy that Macon fans used last year." Similar, meaning not exactly, but somewhat the same...Macon fans used the Pats vs. Rams Superbowl to compare a team built on Speed (US) getting beat by a team that played with little flash (Tigers), but still got the job done. Speaking of the Owls...ur, I mean, the Patriots...they had quite a few little speedy guys playing last night (Patten, Branch and T Brown are some of the faster receivers in the league). Guess that Patriots comparison kind of goes out the window...but it sounded really nice!!!

M Vick..that was actually last year (QB J Long). We have another guy...not as flashing, but he can get the job done.

Also, I sense a bit of stereotyping coming from your camp...Some of your insinuations and innuendos are borderline. Let's keep those personal ideologies to yourself. Also, I dont know how you can make such assumptions (i.e. that we are cocky and arrogant) about a team that you havent even followed, probably have never seen play, much less, people you have never met.

Time to prove more Nay Sayers wrong!!! Get'em Falcons!!!

OK, I had no intention of getting back in on this post, but this comment gave me a good laugh. Do you want to talk about the hospitality issue or football? I go to a high school football game somewhere just about every Friday night. Have for the last 10 years. ONLY ONCE has my car been broken into. That would have been the welcoming committee when Trousdale made their last trip to Knoxville I suppose that handled that??? Amazingly enough I can't recall such a warm reception at any other game. Then there was this team that came to Trousdale County and actually started a fire in the bleachers one year. My mind must be slipping because it surely was not one of those CIVIL Knoxville teams. Shall we continue???? We can still go into that odd smell that surrounds, no CONSUMES, the visitor side bleachers...and eventually the field....during those home games in East TN. Not a recreational activity expert, but that was not the grill Birdman.....better stick with arguing football, you guys have a better chance on that issue. :huh:

Good luck Owls!!

825448346[/snapback]

You're kidding, right! You did not seriously just post this! First of all, Trousdale has NEVER been to Fulton - we had NOTHING to do with your car getting broken in to. Secondly, what about the great reception Fulton received when we came to Trousdale a couple of years ago?! All those nice slurrs on the signs "welcoming" us to your nice little town - NOT! Heck, they were even on the business marquees. And we've already been through the fire issue I don't know how many times, but to clear it up again. You got to remember, we're city folk, we're not used to the cold country. One of our fans brought a little personal heater to the game and a fire broke out in it. The fire was put out, no damage was done. It's not like they went and set a fire over on the home bleachers, it was right in the middle of our fans. If anyone was in danger it was us - not YOU! And as for teh "odd smell" you say consumes the East TN visitor bleachers. Can't help you there bud - you've not been to Fulton & I don't know what goes on at other schools.

Glover - I'm with you - I thought this was a FOOTBALL board, not a fan/school bashing board.

Seems that I remember some post game actions by Fulton players and fans at Trousdale Co. that made any insinuation and innuendo fit just fine. I'm also sure that you, a Fulton fan, has been the first to bring up such on this thread. Why get so defensive when someone mentions the only break-in he has ever experienced at a hs game was in Knoxville? Or were you "refer"ing to the odd smell comment? Seems that maybe, just maybe, you guys want more than anything to play that role. We could go on, but that would not be a good direction for this thread to go, now would it?

GO OWLS ! ONE GAME AT A TIME !

This game will give a new definition to the "Battle of the Birds". I don't think ti can touch the intensity of the Fulton/AE version though.

GOOD LUCK FALCONS!!!! Show'em how we play ball.....remember what you've been taught

T....together

E....everyone

A....achieves

M....more

One man team?.......far from it!

GO FALCONS!!!! WE READY!

WOW!!! Looks like I got some people's attention!!!  Must have hit a nerve with some!!!

KWalker - Thanks for the backing on the Cobb accusation.  If they would stop and read the previous posts they would realize that someone actually asked about Reggie, so I obliged with the info.  And I never heard one Fulton fan say that Tyrone was going to be a factor because he is Reggie's brother...Besides, his strength is on Defense!

This bunch should be working for the papers, with all the mis-quotes!  Now on to the victims!!!

Maxout- Never smoked anything...except for a few of your's and other 4A fans on these boards.  I'm Actually a former Alumni/Player for the Falcons and also a Proud fan.  First initial M, last name Smoker.  Like Jeff Smoker Backup QB for the Rams...good lead-in to the next victim...

Rocking Chair-  The post read, "Similar to the analogy that Macon fans used last year."  Similar, meaning not exactly, but somewhat the same...Macon fans used the Pats vs. Rams Superbowl to compare a team built on Speed (US) getting beat by a team that played with little flash (Tigers), but still got the job done.  Speaking of the Owls...ur, I mean, the Patriots...they had quite a few little speedy guys playing last night (Patten, Branch and T Brown are some of the faster receivers in the league).  Guess that Patriots comparison kind of goes out the window...but it sounded really nice!!!

M Vick..that was actually last year (QB J Long).  We have another guy...not as flashing, but he can get the job done. 

Also, I sense a bit of stereotyping coming from your camp...Some of your insinuations and innuendos are borderline.  Let's keep those personal ideologies to yourself.  Also, I dont know how you can make such assumptions (i.e. that we are cocky and arrogant) about a team that you havent even followed, probably have never seen play, much less, people you have never met. 

Time to prove more Nay Sayers wrong!!!  Get'em Falcons!!!

825448414[/snapback]

well, i will say this...dont come in to this game thinkin SC is like Macon last year..they were a cinderella team....the owls are the real deal...as were the wildcats...the owls were just a better team on that night.....SC guys will stop you around the corners and the middle will be jammed all night...your in for a rude awakening my friend....the owls are gonna soar!!!!

Edited by QueenBee