Franklin at Germantown

BigSneaky

Just incredible! It'd be very hard right now to convince me that Franktown doesn't have the BEST fans in the state!

825451911[/snapback]

Dude said it would cost $100 to drive to Germantown and back? What the heck does he drive?!? Assume an over-the-top $20 for lunch/dinner/snack, so that's $80 in gas for 410 miles, round trip.

Right now, gas is in the $1.80 range, so he's saying it'd take him 44 and a half gallons of gas, which is 9.2 miles a gallon?! Quit driving a friggin' Hummer!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not tryin to start talkin mess about Franklin just cause we lost....that's a waste of time and effort on my part...what's done is done.  It just makes me mad when this kid who never steps on the field runs his mouth and tarnishes a rivalry that's had so much tradition and class throughout the years. 

Despite what's said...I'm still pulling for the Rebels to take it to the Boro.

Also wondering if there's any news on Dawson Bryant.  Will he be able to go on Friday night?

Region4Fan...that was a definitely blow to my psyche, but in the spirit of Thanksgiving we'll just let it go.

825452173[/snapback]

Dawson was practicing today, and has his jersey sewn up and helmet reassembled, ready to play! GO REBELS!! Only 25 hours away!!! Rebel fans, lets make the drive out to support these guys, they deserve it!

Guest region4fan
I'm not tryin to start talkin mess about Franklin just cause we lost....that's a waste of time and effort on my part...what's done is done.  It just makes me mad when this kid who never steps on the field runs his mouth and tarnishes a rivalry that's had so much tradition and class throughout the years. 

Despite what's said...I'm still pulling for the Rebels to take it to the Boro.

Also wondering if there's any news on Dawson Bryant.  Will he be able to go on Friday night?

Region4Fan...that was a definitely blow to my psyche, but in the spirit of Thanksgiving we'll just let it go.

825452173[/snapback]

Sorry BruinT50....thought you were slamming on Rebel27, and was taking up for my boy.

I was pleased to see a great attitude at practice today. Coaches made sure it was all business. Also pleased to see some pass plays gone over repeatedly. Seems like we have been relying on Darrien Waters an awful lot lately, and quite frankly I'm tired of these low scoring games. I think it has all been a ploy by D Nowell to lull the opposition to sleep. I look for us to open up on GTown.

Everyone talking about how big the Red Devils are upfront. That really doesn't seem to matter this year like it did last year. I am willing to believe that GTown is held to less than 150 yards rushing and one score.

Turnvers were almost non-existant last year for Franklin until the GTown game and then two of the most costly all year killed us in the second half. If Franklin takes care of the ball, the points will come.

Franklin 24 Germantown 7

Hey FHSReb12....by "we" do you mean the guys that actually play? I'll have to admit...Hotard and Leach played big on D and Mikrut and Waters definitely broke off some nice runs...but I have to say that my MVP award goes to you...for having 2 of the finest field goal snaps I've ever seen on a high school field.  And you definitely receive bonus points from me for not blowing the game for your team with your ###### poor extra point blocking.    Yea...close that mouth, Kick Team All-Star.

825451444[/snapback]

Are y'all still in the playoffs? Oh yeah, thats right, we knocked you out last week. Sorry

It'll be hard to keep Dawson out of that game tomorrow night. I hope for his sake he's healthy and cleared to play. It would kill him if he can't.

BDD has once again proven to be a very wise man. Let's just not open up too much... save some of it for next week! ;) But next week means nothing if we don't make it past tomorrow night so nevermind.

I hope everyone from Franklin has a great and safe drive to Germantown tomorrow night and an even better one on the way back to Franktown. Franktown is indeed an attitude and I think Germantown will see this less than 24 hours from now...

GO REBELS!

Sadly, no. As I posted earlier, I'm here at my parents' in Sarasota, Florida. Be assured though I wll be seeing a high school football game tomorrow night.

And of course I support Lipscomb. I played baseball with Mr. Binkley's (field reporter on the radio) son Chris when we were tiny. I just didn't think y'all were better than us last year, that's all... or whatever it was that we aruged about last season.

Glad to hear that we saw some passing plays in practice. By runnin the ball that much we should have some play action open so i would love to see it. With Shannon derricks and john hewit as well as titus as speedy weapnos id think we would spread it out a lil more. Im takin the road trip and am poised to see a BIG WIN FOR THE REBS!... i just dont want to look apst these guys. We wont tho as we still get NO respect.