Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geesh, most rbs that played Warren Co only played  most of the 1st quarter and got 150- 180 yds. Why would Price play him more against Sweetwater and Grundy Co? Dude, you need to let go of your obsession. The season is over for CC. Try not to down other rbs to build your man up.

825443780[/snapback]

look man i'm am not trying to down other runningbacks like i have said before jake will never play another game of highschool football so why would i care what people like you think of him i am just stating my opinion when asked, he will however be playing college football next year will miller? i haven't seen his name on any major prospect list but i have seen jakes. thumb

Guest region4fan

No, Gaston won't be playing college football next year.

He is just a JUNIOR...another year to break and set records! trust me unless things change...he will be a lock for Mr football.

look man i'm am not trying to down other runningbacks like i have said before jake will never play another game of highschool football so why would i care what people like you think of him i am just stating my opinion when asked, he will however be playing college football next year will miller? i haven't seen his name on any major prospect list but i have seen jakes. thumb

825443860[/snapback]

Nope, not in college next year. You can watch him in Region 4 again! Gaston is a JUNIOR this year.

I do know that Fla State is interested in him though!

but, thats still good news for OR... weve played the full 48minutes before...

Riverdale hasnt had to play 48minutes of hardcore football since-apparently the championship last year

825443817[/snapback]

That is the good news I suppose. The BAD news is they have TWO complete offensive lines that can start anytime this year.

The also have a complete defense line that does NOT have to play both ways either.

48 minutes of football in a game is fun for them after 2 hours a day of hard pratice.

I am looking forward to all of y'all coming down and watching a good game this Friday. Y'all drive safe.

Nope, not in college next year.  You can watch him in Region 4 again!  Gaston is a JUNIOR this year.

I do know that Fla State is interested in him though!

825443870[/snapback]

he's a jr. that changes things a little because i never looked it up and i was told he was a sr. he does have potential to be "great" but i feel he needs to bulk up

I am sure that Gaston will take your advice to heart and immediately start taking Creatine. :lol:

Anyone.......is everyone healthy for both teams?

And OR....do they predominantly pass, run, or mix it up?

825443908[/snapback]

Oak Ridge has added a passing game that is effective. They really started doing this recently. Their QB is pretty quick, has an awesome arm and can roll out well. Spencer is an awesome rb as well. Oak Ridge did not pass much last season either. Riverdale did not see much passing from Oak Ridge last time they played

Inappropriate12 I said this Oak Ridge team is special this year. Let me try to explain. There is an intangiable force, a feeling, an air about them or whatever you want to call it. It is something you can see and feel and still you cant say what it is. You cant put a finger on it but it is there and there is no denying it. Ask anyone that has been around this team and I think they will agree. Its not a cockiness, It's not an arrogance, It's not a confidence or even a swager It is something else, almost mystical.

Now to take my statment and turn it around to suggest I was saying the Riverdale kids aren't special is a cheap shot.

I read that Riverdale starters almost never play past the third quarter. a point spread aganist opponets of 589 to 63. 43 quarters without a point being scored on your defense wow those sure are impressive stats. Now I ask you what does that really say? Oak Ridge was averaging 52 points per game until game 6 or 7.

We scored 60 points in game one and 70 in game two, our starters didnt play but maybe one series after halftime in either one of those games. People were accusing us of running up the score when our JV was playing most of the 4th quarters. Now that my friend sounds like pretty impressive stats too doesn't it. Thing is both of those impressive stats say the same thing. The competition wasn't impressive. My point is this you are only as good as your competition. Our region had three undefeated teams going into week eight. 4 teams were ranked in the top 7 in the state. Even before the playoffs Oak Ridge had played 4 teams in the top ten statewide. At this point we have played six games aganist teams in the top ten. Our starters have played 243 min of football in the last 6 games. So go ahead and brag about your impressive stats meanwhile we will be hard at work planning our gameplan to come down there and show ya'll what a little competition is all about. Win or Loose everyone will know the mighty cats were in town.