Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 points is not a blow out!

Riverdale, I enjoyed a good game last night at Tomahawk. The place was packed and if you could hear any of the OR fans over your own packed side of the field, you would know we are enthusiastic fans..especially on the road.

Folks can talk "what ifs" all day and the game is done. Riverdale won and was the best team last night in the final call. I would like to see accurate final stats. From what I could tell, the balance was not one sided and was fairly balanced.

Except...a neat little pass down the middle to your wide open man..good play call!

Except...a pass that could have been a td but your man intercepted it.

Except...a fumble that could have been a fumble but an alert player took it to the endzone.

Certain plays made the score what it was and I must credit those young men for making those plays turn as they did.

We will play you again..oh my, got to end the losses to Riverdale! In the meantime, I expect you to win the state this year and know you will go for tough.

East Tn does have 3 teams going to state..not too bad!

God Bless and Peace to all. Dart.

I would like to see accurate final stats. From what I could tell, the balance was not one sided and was fairly balanced.

Here is what the Tennessean has:

Box Score: Riverdale 42, Oak Ridge 28

Game statistics

First downs Rushes Passing Pass yards Fumbles Punts Penalties

Oak Ridge 13 29-86 12-21-2 211 0-0 5-33.2 5-45

Riverdale 10 49-203 3-5-1 184 3-1 2-35.5 5-35

Here is what the Tennessean has:

Box Score: Riverdale 42, Oak Ridge 28

Game statistics

First downs  Rushes  Passing  Pass yards  Fumbles  Punts  Penalties

Oak Ridge  13  29-86  12-21-2  211  0-0  5-33.2  5-45

Riverdale  10  49-203  3-5-1  184  3-1  2-35.5  5-35

825455171[/snapback]

Thanks for your stats.

I asked because the Knoxville paper had this:

Rushes RD 29-167 OR 48-265

Passing RD 211 183

The clue was the OR passes of 4-7-1, and I was there knowing of two interceptions by RD. They showed RD at 12-21-2. Something was “rushed to get the press rolling”.

Of course, the paper was in the mailbox when we got home at 2:30 and stats were likely rushed.

When the Monday local OR paper comes out the stats should be correct. Anyway, great game.

If you were at the game then i dont think that stats should matter. riverdale won. but oak ridge made a statement.  Great game to both teams.

825455190[/snapback]

You are right..the stats don't matter in the end. It is just nice to know how each team did in specific ways. This is not a point of contention at all...I just want to see how the figures show compared to my emotional views during the game.

It was a very exciting game..was great to be there! As we all know, politicians use stat all the time...ours is deciced on the scoreboard regardless of yards gained or lost. Stats do not show heart, either. Lots of heart in that game last night.