Huntingdon Mustangs VS Milan Bulldogs

trogdor13

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

No, Huntingdon's coaches are the best in west tn after defeating an athletically superior Milan team last year and doing it at a school with far less numbers, i'd say its time to nix our "TRADITION" of feeling inferior.  Don't be the typical Huntingdon fan that assumes milan has the best everything. Both these teams will have the same gameplan. Ram the ball down your throat until the other team breaks, thats west tn. football. I can't wait. I'm picking Huntingdon by 3 td's.

825443219[/snapback]

DearOldDad,

you are insane if you think that Huntingdon's coaches are better than Milan's. How many state championships have Mansfield and his boy's won or gone to. That's what I thought, think before you write that kind of mess.

:D

DearOldDad,

you are insane if you think that Huntingdon's coaches are better than Milan's.  How many state championships have Mansfield and his boy's won or gone to.  That's what I thought, think before you write that kind of mess.

825447144[/snapback]

They've played for two, won one. Milan has played for two under Morris and won two. Huntingdon very rarely can match milan talent wise on the field but still, they compete every year with them. Smaller enrollment (we only get them from inside our city), less athletes, yet still we come, and we come for you.

I"ve been to a many Milan/Huntingdon games and it's ALWAYS brutal. Whoever gets on here and says one team is going to blow the other one out just doesn't know what the #%*& they are talking about.

Expect a classic because you have athletes, tradition, coaching, gold balls, and that winning attitude on both sides.

825445704[/snapback]

9yr.oldChamps.. I appreciate your insight to the game. I know you're a big Bulldog fan and I always like what you have to say regarding each game. Over the years I've seen some great players on both sides during this game. You may disagree but one of the best backs to come out of Milan was Earnest Fields. Against Huntingdon one year Tucker had him run the ball it seems like 30 times in a row. Ha! The 1994 Big Push game at Milan that goes into overtime to see Milan win 22-21. The controversial game in 1998 in Huntingdon where Kidd moves at wideout and Milan scores and then goes on to win the championship. The 1996 game which H'don won and the Milan postgame show announcers said Huntingdon was taking out their frustrations. Great players, and great games, tough wins and heartbreaking losses makes a great rivalry. I'm sure we'll see another classic this Friday night. We're excited...

who cares if the players wanna add a little something to the way they look while playing. if its not gonna hurt anyone and it makes the players feel good then who cares. everyone out on the field is there to play and to be seen play and to play good(dont know if that made much since). if they weren't then, at least for these two teams, the coaches wouldn't let them on the field.

So just watch the game and enjoy!

825446752[/snapback]

I agree. good post. go stangs!!!

Impartial Observer here again,

Those of you who understand and accept that the Huntingdon/Milan matchup has become a great rivalry over the years and still respect each other and can discuss this game in a civil way have my congrats.

Under no circumstances will this game be a blowout! Milan has struggled to be the team they are this season at this point. Most folks in this area are amazed at what Milan has done so far this year. Most expected Huntingdon to be almost a clone of last season's Mustangs and they seem to have struggled during the season but, appear to have found THEIR own identity now. Both programs can be proud of where they are at right now. There are a lot of us out here who would be VERY happy to be in the same position.

This Friday night will just be one more chapter in the seemingly endless book of matchups between these two schools. My hats off and my best goes out to both schools this week. I still have a prediction for this game but, I'll save that 'till most of ya'll have left for the game as I said in an earlier post.

Go BIG Friday night, Chris!!!!!!!!!

ooooooooooooooH,  You Milan fans are so easy.  In the first meeting last year the Mustangs set the trap and the Bulldogs bit. When it came to the game that really mattered the Mustangs prevailed. 

This year here we go again.  I've always heard that lighting never strikes in the same spot but this Friday night I will be there to see it happen.

I was at a yard sell  Saturday in Milan.  state Championship shirts for sale. $.025

Couldn't sell it.  what a laugh..  Ha.Ha.

Same as last year.. Mustangs win  34

.Milan............  21

Can't stop BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Huntingdon has everyone Healty

825445154[/snapback]

The only booooooooooo that anyone is gonna here friday night are the booohoooo's coming from the Huntington stands........ Milan D will hold Huntingtons O to less than 200 yards thats THAT goodluck though. That is goodluck scraping BOO's remains off the field.

Edited by kjcuts

The only booooooooooo that anyone is gonna here friday night are the booohoooo's coming from the Huntington stands........ Milan D will hold Huntingtons O to less than 200 yards thats THAT goodluck though. That is goodluck scraping BOO's remains off the field.

825447853[/snapback]

Your a real big man huh? Are you big enough to reveal your identity so we can all see if you can walk the the walk to go along with all your talk?