Northeast TN Top Ten

chill

VikeFanatic,

Now, I agree with you that Science Hill, Boone, & Tn High should be ranked ahead of D-B, as the Indians only have one returning starter from last year (Ryan Blackwell)...but, Thomas Harrison was not the only thing the Indians had last year (by far our best and obviously one of the best in the state)...Walker Throp defensive player of the year in NE TN - all district & all-region; Jeff Morrison Mr. steady - 1st team all-conference; Jamie Creech Mr. excitement all-region; David Begley and Phillip Tritapoe solid post players; and the aforementioned returning starter Ryan Blackwell all-region solid on both ends of the floor...and let's see, Conference Champs, 2nd in district, 1st in region, won substate, second consecutive trip to the state tournament...pretty solid team...

But, again, I agree that the Toppers, Vikings, and Trailblazers should all be ranked ahead of this young D-B team...the Tribe will play hard all year, it's the type of kids we have and what Coach Morgan expects, but with all the returning talent and experience the expectations should be high for the Hill, Boone and you guys...should be a real fun year though, don't you think?

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VikeFanatic,

Now, I agree with you that Science Hill, Boone, & Tn High should be ranked ahead of D-B, as the Indians only have one returning starter from last year (Ryan Blackwell)...but, Thomas Harrison was not the only thing the Indians had last year (by far our best and obviously one of the best in the state)...Walker Throp defensive player of the year in NE TN - all district & all-region; Jeff Morrison Mr. steady - 1st team all-conference; Jamie Creech Mr. excitement all-region; David Begley and Phillip Tritapoe solid post players; and the aforementioned returning starter Ryan Blackwell all-region solid on both ends of the floor...and let's see, Conference Champs, 2nd in district, 1st in region, won substate, second consecutive trip to the state tournament...pretty solid team...

But, again, I agree that the Toppers, Vikings, and Trailblazers should all be ranked ahead of this young D-B team...the Tribe will play hard all year, it's the type of kids we have and what Coach Morgan expects, but with all the returning talent and experience the expectations should be high for the Hill, Boone and you guys...should be a real fun year though, don't you think?

Roll Tribe Roll

825464448[/snapback]

SKUNK

When I made the comment “he was the team” in my reference to T. Harrison, I was referring to him as the only IMPACT player (meaning the player or players that you get the ball too when the game is on the line) that DB possessed last season. From the point of view of an opposing team… HE was the one you had to stop in order to win against the Indians! The other players you mentioned (while obviously contributing to the Indians success last year) were just part of the outside equation. DB doesn’t have that IMPACT or GO TO leader this year (as of right now) and I think that is going to hurt them when they play the stronger opponents. You won’t need as much room in the trophy case this year.

Hypothetically speaking… If you had the choice to either have Thomas Harrison OR any TWO of the other players you mention back this year… which way would you go???! You don’t have to answer… we both know!!! Mean no disrespect to the Indians… you questioned my statement and I tried to get my point across.

Why don't you ask Karns, who many pick to represent Knoxville in the sectionals, if DB has an "impact player"? They'd probably tell you the kid who scored 22 points and drained a three pointer to tie the ballgame at the end of the 4th made a pretty big impact. Until the Vikes win something in the postseason I don't think I'ld be telling others they don't need to "make room in their trophy case".

825465751[/snapback]

The Past 6 years

District tournament championships DB-1 THS-4

Sub-State Appearences DB-2 THS-3

State Appearences DB-2 THS-2

I dont know where you get the Vikes need to do something in the postseason.They've done more than DB.

Edited by BristolBoy

In the Coach Charlie Morgan era, DB has had much more success. Charlie Morgan has not been at DB the past 6 years. I like to think that DB basketball returned to being a power once Coach Morgan got in there and turned things around. So, why don't you break down the numbers starting since coach Morgan has been at DB and see what you come up with? DB will always be tough as long as he is around.

The Past 6 years

District tournament championships  DB-1 THS-4 

Sub-State Appearences                  DB-2 THS-3

State Appearences                          DB-2 THS-2   

I dont know where you get the Vikes need to do something in the postseason.They've done more than DB.

825465880[/snapback]

Good point BristolBoy, I was wrong about Bristol. But it would make more sense to use the past 5 years, since that is how long Coach Morgan has been in Kingsport.

Edited by Prothro4HeismanN2005

Why don't you ask Karns, who many pick to represent Knoxville in the sectionals, if DB has an "impact player"? They'd probably tell you the kid who scored 22 points and drained a three pointer to tie the ballgame at the end of the 4th made a pretty big impact.

825465751[/snapback]

Karns BARLEY won in a close game with a weak Sevier Co team. So that’s not saying much for your team!!!

As far as winning something in the post season goes… I believe the Vikings dropped DB in their 5 game of the season last year. Combined that with a win over DB in the District 1AAA Championship game and I would say that the Vikings have been able to hold their own against coach Charlie Morgan!! :rolleyes:

I know why central lost to East, and if you dont, then you need to pay a little more attention to the games, trust me, central is gonna be up there, look out for them

825463796[/snapback]

Yes do tell. I was at the game and what I saw was an East team that played a bad 4th quarter and still came out with a win. I saw a Central team that couldn't stop our post. I saw a Sullivan East team that wanted the game more then Central.

Yes do tell. I was at the game and what I saw was an East team that played a bad 4th quarter and still came out with a win. I saw a Central team that couldn't stop our post. I saw a Sullivan East team that wanted the game more then Central.

825466501[/snapback]

east did end up playin better than central but central was also without 3 players that night.