Riverdale-Oak Ridge

gator

I was at this game, and I am very lucky to have been there. I am a Riverdale fan, so obviously I am glad they won, but Oak Ridge is an amazing team. The qb from Oak Ridge was getting pressured on every single play it seemed like. They were just tenacious on the defensive front. That qb is amazing, even though he got sacked like 6 or 7 times, he still escaped about 10 others with his speed and elusiveness. He has a really good arm too. The only dumb play he made was in the second quarter when he was getting pressured on the sideline and threw it for some reason into the arms of a Riverdale guy. It was smart for RHS to blitz on every play considering that is the only way you can contain a guy like that. That running back Guilmire? is really a stud for sure. This was a game of big plays and Riverdale just made a couple more that OR did. It was a well played game and a clean game. There were very few penalties in this game. I do not know what the stats were but im sure the yardage was up there pretty high. Keaton Anderson, #5 for volsfan#1, played a great game. Gaston played decently, but Dave Thomas proved to me that he is a really amazing football player. He had im sure close to 200 yards passing and close to 100 yards rushing. Great game, congratulation Riverdale. Go win state over the Franklin Rebels!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

champions three of the last twelve years and 9 apperances in those twelve years in the bluecross bowl. I didn't think 3-9 was an impressive record oh wait a min. its not.

that would be a 3-5 record, not 3-9.

I would think that 9 out of 12 years being in any championship game, on any level, would be a prettty good accomplishment.

9-0 - can you guess what that is... Riverdale's record in semi-final games. Is that impressive enough?

and as of now the record is 3-5 - we'll have to wait until Saturday night to see if it will be 4-5 or 3-6 ...

1993: Lincoln Co 7-20

1994: Germantown 14-10

1995: Brentwood Academy 16-27

1997: Munford 34-18

2000: Red Bank 7-27

2001: Hendersonville 35-7

2002: Brentwood 7-10

2003: Germantown 7-10

2004: Franklin ? - ?

Oak Ridge - great game. Great crowd!!! Great band! QB played his heart out and Mitchell and Parris and defense played great as well. I think this game came down to big plays and mistakes. Mistakes were few and big plays were a plenty.... And I think the first two series of the second half for each team turned out to be the difference. It was one of the better games every seen at the Tomahawk and was fun to watch. It felt like a basketball game at times in the first half - didn't it?

The more Riverdale wins, the more I dislike them, haha. One of these days DB will meet with Riverdale and it will be the battle of the titans. I think that DB was the only team that could've beet Riverdale, only because Riverdale hasn't seen a passing game as strong as ours. Next year, or maybe the next when I'm a senior, I hope to play them.

825454469[/snapback]

If DB is the only team that could have beaten Riverdale, why didn't you beat Oak Ridge?

Edited by Rebelsman

The fine folks in boro knew they played a real team tonight, Even that loud mouth obnoxious Michael Buffer wanna be PA announcer. I about laughed my hinnie off when he came over the PA announcing and nnnnoooowwww the riverdale warriors state.... champions three of the last twelve years and 9 apperances in those twelve years in the bluecross bowl. 

825454579[/snapback]

What...In the world...Is a HINNIE? :D:D