Riverdale-Oak Ridge

gator

Riverdale, you're the gentlelman as always....thanks for takin up for me.

Ok, here goes...I am in no way sayin we beat RIVERDALE. So this year, we beat all your sorry 5A butts and get beat by Riverdale in round 4. Yes, Oak Ridge beat us in a scrimmage in pre-season. It's a srimmage though.

We could beat OR, Soddy, Ooltewah, maybe DB and Farragut....no problem. i have no way of proving this. All I have is my opinion and the opinions of SEVERAL 5A fans.

SEE Y'ALL IN 2009!!! thumb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale, you're the gentlelman as always....thanks for takin up for me.

Ok, here goes...I am in no way sayin we beat RIVERDALE.  So this year, we beat all your sorry 5A butts and get beat by Riverdale in round 4.  Yes, Oak Ridge beat us in a scrimmage in pre-season.  It's a srimmage though.

We could beat OR, Soddy, Ooltewah, maybe DB and Farragut....no problem.  i have no way of proving this.  All I have is my opinion and the opinions of SEVERAL 5A fans.

SEE Y'ALL IN 2009!!! thumb

825454478[/snapback]

You got to be kidding me, you played TN high in the semi finals...you came close to losing to Central...you can talk all you want, but until you actually BEAT a 5a team, in a GAME, then you can talk. Maryville has been talkin about comin to 5a for years....and theyre still playin TN high and Central in the playoffs...i wish you would come to 5a and get slammed by any of many teams.

Congrats to the warriors best team tonight won. No refs No excuses No regrets

I thought this was a riverdale-OAK RIDGE post where did all those Maryville Girls come from? Also 99% of DB's fans are awesome peeps but that statement was rather funny I mean one of these days Riverdale will have to play a real team? Let me tell you sumthin Boy the road to Riverdale came right through Oak Ridge so dont forget who sent you home. The fine folks in boro knew they played a real team tonight, Even that loud mouth obnoxious Michael Buffer wanna be PA announcer. I about laughed my hinnie off when he came over the PA announcing and nnnnoooowwww the riverdale warriors state.... champions three of the last twelve years and 9 apperances in those twelve years in the bluecross bowl. I didn't think 3-9 was an impressive record oh wait a min. its not. If I was that idiot I would say one or the other either the 9 trips or the 3 titles LMAO. Anywho goodluck to the riverdals kids and we will do it again next year wait and see.

Posting from Illinois.....

Congrats to the Warriors from Riverdale on a great game played. I thought we played you a very hard game, but Mr. Thomas, #5 and the front 7 was just too much tonight. A few thoughts, Dave Thomas is Mr. Football for 5-A, hands down. I thought he played a fantastic game especially with the long throws and some nifty runs. Personally, I thought we did a good job of containing Gaston Miller except for the long run in the 1st quarter. I thought the play of Riverdale's defense in the 3rd quarter was the difference maker in this one as well as our D giving up too many long plays. BTW, those sportswriters who didn't vote for Riverdale for #1 during the season needs their heads examined. They would have killed D B.

Finally, to our players. You guys played your hearts out tonight and gave us a great season of inspiring football. Your efforts have placed our program back where it belongs: as one of the best in the state. It has been a pleasure serving you guys this year. Your great attitudes and teamwork have been an inspiration to us all.

Go Cats!!!

hey boyfromsi, i was at the game and oak ridge was very tough and in another thread i broke down the game you should check it out, its under "where are all the oak ridge fans"  i give props to both teams but riverdale just has to much depth, esp in the offensive and defensive line.

825454586[/snapback]

Yea, I read that. But I would digress, we did get a stop in the 4th quarter and mounted 2 drives. We rotate quite a few on both sides of the line. Depth didn't make near as much a difference as the mismatch between yours recievers and our corners. That was the killer tonight.