Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is alot of the people from West TN are underestmating us.

825460528[/snapback]

Alcoaathelete.. Here in Huntingdon we don't underestimate your team. We know you're good. We know your history. We don't hear much about the teams in East Tennessee here in West Tennessee but we had heard that Alcoa was a lock to make it to the Boro this year. Can't wait to see your tailback play. Just tell all the Alcoa players one thing for me..... "Be sure and tighten up your chinstraps before the game starts Friday night." .... thumb

Huntingdon will roll all night long. Phillip "Boo" Weathers will run wild on that turf. Chris Donald will plow his way through to the endzone. The defense will dominate the line of scrimmage. the offensive line will come off the ball and hit alcoa in the mouth. they won't know what hit em. Roll Mustangs Roll!

what other weapons does alcoa have besides that Lindsey kid?

Edited by westTN2004

what other weapons does alcoa have besides that Lindsey kid?

This post was made by an earlier opponent. I hope it answers your question.

Alcoa has great athletes. Dustin Lindsey,Brandon Warren,Ray Sykes and Kyrus Lanxster are big time players. Maryville shut down Dustin Lindsey but were hurt by 2 long passes to Kyrus Lanxster. Those long passes set up Alcoa's 2 touchdowns. Alcoa is balanced. You load up the line of scrimmage to stop Lindsey they will kill you with Warren and Lanxster catching passes. Joey Figler is a good quarterback.

Maryville moved the ball well on Alcoa but Maryville moves the ball on everyone. Maryville hurt Alcoa more with the pass than they did with the run. Alcoa stops the run well. Sykes and Warren are as good def ends as you will see. Mark Avery and Drew Miller play well at defensive tackle. Dante Lewis,Dominic Brown and Dustin Lindsey make up a good linebacker crew. Alcoa's defensive backs have improved as the season has gone along.

I watched the Lipscomb/Alcoa playback a few times. Lipscomb was lucky the score wasn't worse. Alcoa had the ball inside Lipscombs 10 yd line 3 times and didn't score. Alcoa's defense shut down Lipscomb.

personally i think alcoa will run over huntingdon, alcoa is a great football team and they gave us (Maryville) one of the best games of the year. dustin lindsey is amazing, i mean if he is about to break a state record you know this kid is for sure. their quarterback is a good athlete, and they have some good recievers. their defense is great, and i doubt anyone from huntingdon will be able to get past them, i bet alcoa wins this one by a couple of TDs. ill be there watchin it im goin down a day early to support our boys from across the county.

I posted on another thread last Saturday about the Milan/Huntingdon game that I was picking the Mustangs this coming Friday night by 14 +/- and to repeat as state champs in AA. I haven't changed my opinion one bit. It's hard (at best) to repeat a championship in ANY sport but, I know the Mustangs have the talent to do it and they are just reaching their peak for this season.

It is in no way an underestamating of Alcoa either. If Alcoa wasn't good, they wouldn't be at the 'Boro this week. It will just take more than one good running back and one good QB plus a good defense to beat Huntingdon. Huntingdon has all that with the exception of the fact that they have 2 GREAT running backs and 1 good running back!!!!!!! The Mustangs can D up with any AA team in the state, too.

The only thing I see that might be a variable in this equation is that this WILL be high school kids in this game and anything MIGHT happen!

The deciding factor in this "impartial" observer's opinion is that Huntingdon has "been there and done that" with these same players last season! I know for a fact that they like the way it feels and they intend to do it again. Alcoa, ya'll better strap in 'cause Huntingdon will pound on you to the bitter end!

From McKenzie, GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!! Bring that Gold Ball back home to Carroll Co. where it belongs!!!!!!!!!! Wish it was us that was goin' to the 'Boro this week but,...................it's a 6AA thang!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Big, Chris!!!!!!!!!! On BOTH sides of the ball!

Edited by duckman38201

FAIRVIEW will battle Camden for there Region title next year. And fairview will have a very good team next year since they didn't lose many seniors.  GB. get off of your High Horse a quit bringing down the Mustangs since the Mustangs beat the team that put your out of the play-off.  Way to go Lions. hate to see Camden go.  Elite 8 on this side of the River. Now. Go Mustangs  Repeat and keep believing

825460546[/snapback]

Wow Fairview will be competing against Camden for the Region. That will be an unbelievable feat since they are in different regions. I am not bringing down the Mustangs just saying they aren't the best in the state, any great defensive cord. can shut them down. i got the tape that will show the defensive coach how to shut down their slef proclaim greatest running game in the state. I know Camden and Huntingdon was better than Fairview, I can admit that, so that is no big deal to me. But go Alcoa!!!!