Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its the fairview tape. that'll have alcoa all confused because we dont run a 50 defense anymore...

825460803[/snapback]

well if they use the defense you guys had to stop huntingdon's offense then they are pretty dumb, i am talking about the defense Fairview ran that night. anyone there knows it shut down the running game. the coaches werent prepared for it. i am just saying i havent seen a defense like that played against Huntingdon since then and look what the Mustangs have done.

well if they use the defense you guys had to stop huntingdon's offense then they are pretty dumb, i am talking about the defense Fairview ran that night. anyone there knows it shut down the running game. the coaches werent prepared for it. i am just saying i havent seen a defense like that played against Huntingdon since then and look what the Mustangs have done.

825460811[/snapback]

Well it also helps that we don't run that Offense as much as we did back then. We ran the I last year. And what was that defense like an 3-5 people running everywhere.

Does Fairview still run that D anymore?

Wow Fairview will be competing against Camden for the Region. That will be an unbelievable feat since they are in different regions. I am not bringing down the Mustangs just saying they aren't the best in the state, any great defensive cord. can shut them down. i got the tape that will show the defensive coach how to shut down their slef proclaim greatest running game in the state. I know Camden and Huntingdon was better than Fairview, I can admit that, so that is no big deal to me. But go Alcoa!!!!

825460772[/snapback]

Gerry..Gerry..Gerry.. Don't you realize that teams swap tapes of the preceding games? What you just said makes you a genius I guess. We know how you like to post on here but please try to post something that will be informative. You don't have a tape of anything unless it's a tape of the Huntingdon-Fairview game years ago. I guess all the opponents that plays Huntingdon calls your old coach and asks him to send them a tape on how to beat the Mustangs. I'm sure Alcoa's coach has contacted him.. Come on now Gerry.. Post something on here that means something instead of malarky.... B) Huntingdon has been playing football a few years before CoachT came on the scene and about 90 years before you were born.

i dont know about everyone else but i'm getting really pumped about this game.

all these folks from east tennessee have labeled alcoa as a 3A and 4A state title contender. i respect their opinion. if huntingdon were to dismantle alcoa.. (i say IF) where would that put the mustangs? and west tennessee 2A football for that matter. would we finally get the picture that sometimes classification and school size just doesnt matter when you have a winning mindset and the right group of guys playing the game?

last year we all saw huntingdon put on one of the best masterpieces against a "supposedly good" david lipscomb team. i seriously think that the perfect game huntingdon had would have troubled any team, regardless of classification.

like i said i respect all the alcoa supporters opinions but let's hope all those promises dont come up empty.

i think that huntingdon has a more dynamic offensive attack with chris, boo, scott, and desmond. the only problem is we haven't seen quite the offensive spark that we saw in the regular season. it's been the defense that has shined so far. but i think when you put this offense on artifical turf big plays are going to happen all over the place.  maybe we'll break more records this year and maybe dustin lindsey will get his record too.

34-14, with Huntingdon on top.

(because i want the alcoa RB to break the record)

825459963[/snapback]

1. Alcoa will have to score more than 14 for Lindsay to get the record.

2. How does Huntingdon have a more dynamic attack when they have NO passing game.

I think the later is what allows Alcoa to Bring back the GOLD to Blount Co. Huntingdon's run game will work some but I promise you it will not work all the time and they will be forced to PASS which I don't think they can do very well, or at least haven;t had to rely on it much which would make me believe if they had to start passing would lead to turnovers.

Alcoa by 14

1. Alcoa will have to score more than 14 for Lindsay to get the record.

2. How does Huntingdon have a more dynamic attack when they have NO passing game.

I think the later is what allows Alcoa to Bring back the GOLD to Blount Co. Huntingdon's run game will work some but I promise you it will not work all the time and they will be forced to PASS which I don't think they can do very well, or at least haven;t had to rely on it much which would make me believe if they had to start passing would lead to turnovers.

Alcoa by 14

825460835[/snapback]

Don't think Huntingdon can't pass.. I don't know Crocker's stats but they are plenty good to keep a team from loading up on the Mustangs. We know we're in for a challenge but the boys are excited. Coach Mansfield plans to by-pass Nashville so the boys won't get a crick in their neck from looking up at the tall buildings... :rolleyes:

Wow Fairview will be competing against Camden for the Region. That will be an unbelievable feat since they are in different regions. I am not bringing down the Mustangs just saying they aren't the best in the state, any great defensive cord. can shut them down. i got the tape that will show the defensive coach how to shut down their slef proclaim greatest running game in the state. I know Camden and Huntingdon was better than Fairview, I can admit that, so that is no big deal to me. But go Alcoa!!!!

825460772[/snapback]

Please repeat after me. THIS IS NOT 2002. THIS IS NOT THE SAME HUNTINGDON TEAM. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME PLAYERS. HUNTINGDON DOES NOT EVEN FOR THE MOST PART RUN THE SAME SCHEME YOU SAW IN 2002. (MAYBE 30%)

When you graduate I look for you to move directly to a defensive coordinator position in the NFL.