Best Coaching in the 2004 Season.........

MLREB

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the biggest reasons why Coach Quarles should be coach of the year is becuase he has utilized a team from maryville that isnt the fastest, quickest, or strongest of some teams but still maryville wins consistently....he knows how to use a whole team as one instead of individual stars.....he is the best high school coach around and should be coaching on the college level

I have to give a nomination to Kirk Williams and the entire Greenbrier coaching staff. Yes, Greenbrier is a senior-laden team that is very talented. But, they are not perfect.

This coaching staff has taken a great group of kids and put what I would call "the finishing touches" on them to make them successful. This group of kids keeps their composure when things aren't going well. This group of kids plays with class. They play with heart. They don't let having 3 or 4 starters out with injuries drag them down. That is a DIRECT reflection of the head coach.

I would venture to say that without the mentoring and preparation done by this coach and his staff, the Bobcats would not be where they are today! There are so many intangibles that this coaching staff has beyond X's and O's that make a HUGE, HUGE difference for this ball team.

Oakland[/url]' date='Nov 27 2004 - 11:41 AM']i was one of those idiots who thought franklin was going to have a down year after they lost the abundance of seniors that they did. riverdale may very well win the 5a championship, then again maybe they wont. regardless, if coach johnson from franklin isnt 5a coach of the year then the whole thing is a sham. they dont win pretty, they just simply win, almost like they take on a ohio st kind of mentality with all the close games they have won this year

825454877[/snapback]

Three years as Head Coach

2002 Quarterfinals 11-2

2003 Semi Finals 11-3

2004 Finals 13-1

35-6 = .8536

I'm with you FatCat....Mr.Kirk has done an outstanding job as well as the rest of the Greenbrier coaches. They've brought this small town football team to the state playoffs two years in a row and this year we're going to state. If it wasn't for the coaches, the guys wouldn't be who they are, on and off the field. Thank you Greenbrier coaches for a great season and GOOD LUCK AT STATE!!!! thumb

Well it's pretty obvious to me that everyone who is in the top 20 in the state must be good coaches or they wouldn't be there! Let the coaches vote on who the best coaches are. Believe me , they know who works extra hard and who puts in those long sleepless nights coming up with those extra things that might throw the other team off. We all love our coaches if they are helping win games!!!! If they are working like all of the coaches that I personally know, then they are all winners! Coaching is not a great payiny occupation!!! Hats off to all TEACHERS and COACHES

Well it's pretty obvious to me that everyone who is in the top 20 in the state must be good coaches or they wouldn't be there!  Let the coaches vote on who the best coaches are.  Believe me , they know who works extra hard and who puts in those long sleepless nights coming up with those extra things that might throw the other team off.  We all love our coaches if they are helping win games!!!!  If they are working like all of the coaches that I personally know, then they are all winners!  Coaching is not a great payiny occupation!!! Hats off to all TEACHERS and COACHES

825455628[/snapback]

Good point. Most coaches I know are not in it for the money. They love the game and working with the kids. What many fans in the stands too often forget is that the men coaching these teams have families that are usually sitting in the stands, too. As you said, coaches are loved when "they are helping win games!" After an 0-4 start to our season and a lot of disgruntled fans, I told someone this year I learned a long time ago, people love you when you are winning and they hate you when you are losing...which is one reason I quit sitting in the stands. I know it all comes with the territory but even after 20 years it is sometimes hard to stomach! Amazing how the attitudes and talk changed when our boys won 7 in a row losing in the state quarterfinals.

If you are a fan or parent in the stands, I challenge you to think before you speak. Think about the time the coaches on the field give to your kids and how much they miss with their own...if you are in doubt, ask any coaches wife who becomes a football widow every fall!